• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiger Woods arrested for DUI

I'll never understand why super-rich dudes don't always have a driver on hand. Seriously fuck driving if I can pay someone to do it for me.

NYR

I'll never understand why super-rich dudes don't always have a driver on hand. Seriously fuck driving if I can pay someone to do it for me.
Driving drunk has NOTHING to do with access to money. Poor people drive drunk too. The reason is one thing - confidence. The confidence these people have to say "hey, I'm okay, I can do this".

nOoblet16

Wasn't he a billionaire at one point? Why would he not have a chauffeur drive him?

Or is it just that they are too arrogant to follow the rules and just go drive drunk.

Marcel

Wasn't he a billionaire at one point? Why would he not have a chauffeur drive him?

Or is it just that they are too arrogant to follow the rules and just go drive drunk.

EhozEZC.png

Jombie

He's an afterthought in the golf world right now and this is probably the nail in the coffin. I used to look up to him when I was a kid and obsessed with golf.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
He got drunk at his own restaurant. He could have just fucking crashed there.
I guess he has a Jake Lamotta thing going on with his life now.

That ESPN article is one of the best I've read.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I always love these type of posts. Because Tiger is one of the best golfers ever, made money off of it, he's somehow immune from personal issues.

It's absolute bullshit. Something clearly snapped in tiger when his father passed. His DUI isn't from his entitlement, it was likely from him not valuing his life enough to care.

He could also be depressed (father's death) or an addict or something else, which is not an excuse nor gets him out of punishment for his crime, but is a very different explanation and worthy of sympathy.

Edit: there's a lot of tragedy here - the best athlete in the world for a decade, with hundreds of millions of dollars, a supermodel spouse and 2 kids has problems like these... good luck to the rest of us.

Or you can just blow him off as an asshole/waste/etc.

riotous

Banned
He just looks like a normal dude who was told to take his hat off for a mug shot, maybe a little tired.

People acting like he should be in a Faces of Meth poster or something.

Wood Man

And I just watched this episode of South Park the other day thinking, what happened to Tiger? Haven't heard about him in a while. Now I know.

giphy.gif

Madness

His game was deteriorating before the personal life stuff happened, to be honest. His game started declining when he switched swing coaches and fucked with near perfection.

True. But he was still poised to win several more majors and even had a few favorable courses to try and beat Nicklaus' record. Now we'll always speculate over whether he would have. Truly a shit end to one of the greatest golfing careers ever, and perhaps the best golfer of all time.

so sad to see what happens to someone who loses sleeping with all those white women. Once he was contained to just 1 instead of 12-ish of them he was left with all that chaotic energy

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Shit, he was once one of the better role models in athleticism. Like a different person now.

As someone who was almost killed by a drunk driver, Tiger Woods can go fuck himself.

Driving drunk is one of the most idiotically irresponsible things a person can do.

Are we excusing people for diving drunk now? The guy can afford to take a cab ffs, there is no excuse.

I think that poster is referring to the posts about how he is so rich he should have called an uber, lyft, etc.

Alice Walton is Multi billionaire, got a DUI driving to Weatherford.

It all went to shit for him because, despite having a beautiful wife and kids, he couldn't keep his dick in his pants. It's been one disaster after another since then.

He should just buy some island and live out his days relaxing doing shit all like games and tv.

Also remember that south park episode about him

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Javaman

I wonder if it was alcohol or pain meds from his surgery? Some people underestimate the effect that pain meds have on them.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Man's rich enough to have 3 fully salaried butlers for all hours of the week. To me that makes the DUI worse. A poor alcoholic wouldn't be able to afford lyft each time.

GuyKazama

He is saying he didn't have alcohol in his system. I'm going to subscribe to the notion of innocent until proven guilty before condemning him.

NYR

Man's rich enough to have 3 fully salaried butlers for all hours of the week. To me that makes the DUI worse. A poor alcoholic wouldn't be able to afford lyft each time.
Money doesn't solve this problem. Driving drunk has nothing to do with money, its self-perception and over-confidence in ones self. The majority of those convicted willingly drive drunk, drunk drivers usually don't consider themselves drunk hence the reason they get behind the wheel, even if they had a driver, they still would drive themselves since they can't gauge their skill and lack of soberness.

Top Bottom