• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tim Rogers: "they've (Nintendo) set us (gaming) back a generation WAAAAAAH"

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Francois the Great said:
this was tim as he was writing the article
poo.jpg
Way to set us (GAF) back 28 posts!

Oh and you can't stealth edit me!!!

panda.jpg

This thread will end well I can feel it! Thanks TIM!

Neomoto said:
The more succesfull Nintendo becomes, the more hate they'll get.

Also: Zelda, Super Paper Mario and others aren't hit pieces with actual substance? Gaming is set back a generation because of lesser graphics but while expanding the entire industrie a great deal? Ok.

you should check the latest Super Mario Galaxy thread we just had :lol

E-phonk

Banned
m14 said:
But weren't those two games initially just for Gamecube? Hence "back a generation".
So? Bioshock was originally a UE 2.5 game that could run on xbox hardware. Doesn't mean a thing now does it.

M3d10n

LCGeek said:
Could people cry a river more about the Wii? I learned with bungie that devs will do what they do for money and a audience. I love how nintendo is getting the blame for something capcom did and sony could've avoided if they weren't so cocky and arrogant about their product pricing gotta love irrational logic. I hope I see more franchises go Wii just to see the whining of some here and on blogs across the web it's a comedy gold mine.

I agree.

I don't know about their consoles, but Nintendo surely does make the internet a lot more fun at least.

rs7k

Uhh, it's next-gen.biz, what the hell are they bickering about if Capcom wants to make more money?

Smart business move I say.

Borys

Banned
:lol

My god, the whole industry or at least the part that didn't get a part of the Wii cake is literally crying.

This is what you get for pushing countless amount of PS2 ports and shit like IMAGINE: PORTZ or MY FRIEND PONYZ on DS/ Wii.

Lazy fucking devs.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
LCGeek said:
Could people cry a river more about the Wii? I learned with bungie that devs will do what they do for money and a audience. I love how nintendo is getting the blame for something capcom did and sony could've avoided if they weren't so cocky and arrogant about their product pricing gotta love irrational logic. I hope I see more franchises go Wii just to see the whining of some here and on blogs across the web it's a comedy gold mine.

the best thing in the world would be for bungie to start developing for the wii.. exclusively.. i would love to see the conniption everyone would go through.

Innotech

Banned
The Wii really does seem to be a revolution in the gaming industry. It has disrupted the flow of the market severely. that can be good or bad depending on your gaming preferences.

E-phonk

Banned
quadriplegicjon said:
the best thing in the world would be for bungie to start developing for the wii.. exclusively.. i would love to see the conniption everyone would go through.
Bungie should just announce a wii project - They don't even have to make it as far as i'm concerned.

It would just make for the best thread on gaf ever.

Neomoto

Miburou said:
Saying that the PS3/Xbox 360 only offer better graphics is part of the problem, too.
From the sound of the article, I think he only means the graphics of Wii (lack of HD). So I don't know what you're trying to say. :)

m14 said:
But weren't those two games initially just for Gamecube? Hence "back a generation".
Metroid Prime 3, Dragon Quest Swords, ...
And by the way, he was mentioning the HD graphics and harddrive support after he made that claim about setting 'us' back a generation, not a couple of games.

Smiles and Cries said:
you should check the latest Super Mario Galaxy thread we just had :lol
Why? (I'm on a media blackout for that one ;))

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Ramenman said:
Wait, this guy is having trouble with connecting a wii to the internet?? WTF? moron confirmed.
Yeah I meant to comment on that in my first post.

quadriplegicjon said:
Oh man that would rival the DQ IX thread.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Like me, he was probably looking forward to a next-gen monster hunter when they announced it back then. I personally do not want waggle in my MH, but what can you do? Money talks.

E-phonk

Banned
TONX said:
Like me, he was probably looking forward to a next-gen monster hunter when they announced it back then. I personally do not want waggle in my MH, but what can you do? Money talks.

I've no excuse, I just want you to use me-ee
Take me and abuse me
I got no taboos, I'll make a trade with you-ou-ou
Do anything you wa-ant me to

Money talks, mmm-hmm-hmm, money talks
Dirty cash I want you, dirty cash I need you, woh-oh
Money talks, money talks
Dirty cash I want you, dirty cash I need you, woh-oh

I once had pride, now that's all behi-i-ind
I want to get rich qui-i-ick
I want success and all that goes with i-i-it

KINGMOKU

TONX said:
I love this generation, soooo much.

kammy

Banned
I agree with the Article.

Its just the fanbois that have been peddling this crap all over the net, anyone disagreeing gets the banhammer.

The tides changing. Wii is a decent console, they need to just get off their high horse about this new generation bullshit.

You know this is kinda good in a way PS3 is getting a lot of bad press so Tim can help us balance things out a bit, so maybe the Sony boys and the Nintendo fans here can be at peace again on GAF

Neomoto said:
Why? (I'm on a media blackout for that one ;))

good thing then... can't enjoy talking about that game anymore without trolls now it seems
you missed some AMAZING Pics though :D

m14

E-phonk said:
So? Bioshock was originally a UE 2.5 game that could run on xbox hardware. Doesn't mean a thing now does it.
Bioshock could no longer run on XBOX hardware, but Zelda did run on and was released on Gamecube and SPM most certainly could. Do you see the distinction? 360 Bioshock wasn't possible last gen, all of Nintendo's were.

F#A#Oo

Banned
m14 said:
Bioshock could no longer run on XBOX hardware, but Zelda did run on and was released on Gamecube and SPM most certainly could. Do you see the distinction? 360 Bioshock wasn't possible last gen, all of Nintendo's were.

Except without waggle...yes.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Sir Fragula said:
Is the Wii damaging the chances of the games I like being made? Yes.
Do I dislike the Wii? Yes.
You heard it here first folks. Gaming is dead. Let's all go out and get some sun.

In the interests of fairness, all three of the home consoles have been screwing up the industry in their own unique way, so let's just call it even.

Neomoto

Smiles and Cries said:
good thing then... can't enjoy talking about that game anymore without trolls now it seems
you missed some AMAZING Pics though :D
That's a shame to hear. Why hate on such awesomeness as Galaxy and / or ruin a thread about it?

I may have missed them now but it'll be sooo worth it when I actually play the title and see all the awesome for the first time! :)

Walshicus

Jive Turkey said:
You heard it here first folks. Gaming is dead. Let's all go out and get some sun.
Sure, knock yourself out.

Look if you like the stuff Nintendo makes and does then good for you. I'll just reserve the right to be irritated that their success hurts the development of things that I DO like.

quadriplegicjon said:
Because developer-time is finite and executives are more willing to divert monies and people to Wii titles than PC/360/PS3/Mac/etc titles?

Lobster

Banned
m14 said:

Zelda and SPM were basically GC games..

SMG, Prime 3 cannot run on GC hardware.

PolyGone

Banned
they've set us back a generation, basically, and no one minds.

the last time I checked, Sony priced themselves out of the market and Microsoft is run by a group of trained monkeys fueled by Mountain Dew. Who set us back a generation, Tim? Tim Rogers should go fuck himself with a pair of rusty old scissors.

quadriplegicjon said:

Pretty easy logic to figure out.

If a dev puts more money into making Wii games = less money being spent on ps3/x360 games. And if Wii gets exclusives and you don't have a Wii then you can't play that game anymore.

-nk-

the Wii has yet to actually produce a hit piece of software with actual substance. For close to a year, people have been buying the Wii as an investment in some vague awesomeness to come.

mepaco

Sir Fragula said:
Sure, knock yourself out.

Look if you like the stuff Nintendo makes and does then good for you. I'll just reserve the right to be irritated that their success hurts the development of things that I DO like.

jakershaker said:

If a dev puts more money into making Wii games = less money being spent on ps3/x360 games. And if Wii gets exclusives and you don't have a Wii then you can't play that game anymore.

Yeah, I was so mad when they canceled CSI because Desperate Housewives became popular. There also haven't been any good action films since Titanic came out. All my favorite bands broke up as soon as Backstreet Boys became a hit.

Oh wait, none of that happened. If there is a market for something, companies will continue to make money off of it. Yeah, sometimes resources will temporarily shift to try and ride a fad, but eventually that segment of the market reaches saturation and things level off again. Think about when Lost came out and was huge. Every network starting making similar shows, but it became too much and many of them have since been canceled. It happens in every industry all the time. Deal with it.

m14

Lobster said:
Zelda and SPM were basically GC games..

SMG, Prime 3 cannot run on GC hardware.
Maybe not, but they could definitely run on XBOX hardware. In any case, it was the guy with the Zelda avatar who was claiming Zelda and SPM as great advancements in gaming, which couldn't have been done in the previous generation.

jett

D-Member
F#A#Oo said:
Except without waggle...yes.

So far the "waggling" on the wii is just replacing the push of a button with a gesture. The thing isn't even capable of 1:1 motions.

...so what is the wii waggling good for?

Weisheit

jakershaker said:

Because developer-time is finite and executives are more willing to divert monies and people to Wii titles than PC/360/PS3/Mac/etc titles?
not-my-problem.bmp

Ulairi

Banned
m14 said:
Maybe not, but they could definitely run on XBOX hardware. In any case, it was the guy with the Zelda avatar who was claiming Zelda and SPM as great advancements in gaming, which couldn't have been done in the previous generation.

Bioshock non-graphic elements could all be done on the xbox. The graphics is what kicked it out of the xbox level, nothing else.

Top Bottom