• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tim Sweeney say earlier praise has nothing to do with Sony's $250 million dollar investment

Aion002

tenor.gif

Really.. A quarter billion dollar investment has nothing to do with the constant very public praise. Suuurree.

Look I'm not blaming him for taking the money, I think that's great that Epic is getting investment from Sony.

But now that has that investment, he simply has zero credibility when commenting on comparative performance or tech specs. It's like a Sony or Microsoft developer claiming they have the best shiny new box, utterly meaningless.

I'm not sure why he's trying to act like he's still somehow objective on this topic.

quest

Not Banned from OT
And me going to work has nothing to do with getting paid hahaha. I do it because I am a bored billionaire with nothing else to do yeah thats the ticket!

I give Tim credit he loves to double and triple down when busted in a fib.

Did Sony pay $250 million for praise?

They also got a custom IO rewrite and custom optimizations no other platforms will get. So it is not a bad deal. The engine out of the box will run the best on the PS5 with the custom work.

Last edited:
This guy is a typical corporate, greedy, CEO. He goes where the money is. Sells half the stake of the company to China despite all the ties to ip theft, technology theft, inhumane rights,etc to fill his own pockets.

Went on a billion spending spree buying timed exclusivity on numerous titles just to keep games off Steam and other platforms.

The guy has a history of making sleazy deals. The problem with deals like this is it leads to favoritism towards one platform and thats not a good look for a company that is supposed to be neutral and a multiplatform engine.

I do hope for more competition to emerge besides Unity and Crytek. Epic has a monopoly and thats not good for the industry for reasons above.

RaySoft

*says...title should say..."says"
When any kid from the block can make headlines, and the "convicted" has to stand accused....
Before you splash the waters, at least acknowledge the NDA's in affect here, we do live in a capetalistic world. And if you don't understand, please educate yourself.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
"capitalistic" maybe? English is not my mother tounge;-)
Duly noted. yes you are correct. NDA's are fine and all, but sometimes it's better to stay equally quiet when accusations occur. Denying this on twitter just fans the flames.

jigglet

Banned
What is it about this guy that even when he says something that's entirely plausbile, it still comes off as a lie? He just has this aura of bullshit around him for some reason.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Ah ok tim poopyhead just happened to be so fucking vague when they demoed it

Entroyp

Although I believe Tim that this investment negotiation started after the UE5 demo went public I can’t deny I’m having a blast right now 😂

Top Bottom