• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time: The 50 Best Video Games of All Time

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I mean, nobody's ever going to really agree on one of these lists, but I do feel that this is one of the worst "best games ever!" lists I've seen. Terrible choices.

MacTag

Banned
That's not an awful list, but the top ten doesn't reflect the contributions to the industry from Sony, SEGA, and MS.

It seems like a PC/Nintendo top ten pretty much.

EDIT: Just read through the entire list and yeah... Sony, SEGA, and MS contributions are sorely lacking. Also, I love Rise of the Tomb Raider, but I don't think it has any business being in a top 50 list.
Microsoft made the top 10 with Minecraft. Sonic and Uncharted are great and all but not making an all-time top 10 isn't exactly that shocking. It does seem a bit Nintendo heavy though, Zelda 1 is sort of a surprise.

Tizoc

That is one americany nintendo-ass list but regardless i treat such lists as 'must play' and th overall list is good

How are you going to pick Halo over Halo 2 with a straight face?

No Street Fighter?

Not a single BioWare title?

Red and Blue over Gold and Silver?

Not a single Metal Gear Solid title? Any list that's missing MGS3 (or hell, even 1 or 2) is just baffling to me. Especially when Rise of the Tomb Raider is in the top 20? I LOVED TR2013 and can't wait to play Rise on PS4 but...wat?

Add to that the lack of Uncharted 2. You have me at "no".

Toxi

Banned
The only Fallout game on the list is Fallout 3.

This is legitimately the worst "best games" list I've ever seen.

Firemind

which super smash bros. tho

Diablo II is arguably the best role-playing game of all time, the best dungeon-crawler of all time and the best PC game of all time. And that’s before you get to everything it influenced. Released in 2000, Diablo II evolved the clickfest, hack-n-slash gameplay of its predecessor in numerous ways (all of which go into its best-of-the-best-of-the-best case file). Most important for future games—especially today’s widely popular free-to-play mobile games—was how Diablo II seemed to perfect the feedback loop of effort and reward to keep the dopamine jolts flowing through its endless, randomly generated levels.
440.gif

Kusagari

The original Castlevania, Smash and CoD2 being picked over SotN, Melee, CoD4 just seem to be picking the older games for absolutely no reason.

Vertti

These games may have the biggest historical impact but they aren't the best ones. Or then the article writers taste is the blandest I've ever seen.

Timeaisis

Top 10 is OK. Oregon Trail should not even be on the list. Yes, everyone played it in school. Yes, it's kind of fun. No, it's not a one of the best games ever made.

zsynqx

Top 10 is fair enough but after that some of the choices feel a bit weird. I'm not just talking about the lack of any Last of Us in case you were wondering. :p

NeoRaider

Why so much hate for ROTTR here?
It's best TR game in more than 10 years, i honestly don't see what's wrong with it. Game deserves to be on the list, maybe not in TOP 20, but there really isn't anything wrong with game being on the list. I repeat it's best TR game in more than 10 years and this is deserved.

Kusagari

I really, really don't believe there's a group of 5+ people anywhere in the world that sit down to rank the best games of all time and RotR ends up at 18.

Top Bottom