• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny Tower |OT| Elevator action, Dream-Jobs & Bitbook updates

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I have to launch the game like 3-4 times for it to start, it's been like this for like 2 months. Thought it was just me and my crap 2nd gen.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
AlphaTwo00 said:
Anyone stuck with unlaunchable game now? I've seen a few instance of it.

Also, no more iTunes music while the game is on?

Weird to get these bugs over and over again.
Playing on an iPad 2 and I've never had a problem launching the game with any of the patches. I'm on the latest patch and I can run my iPod music with no problem. Maybe it's specific to certain hardware?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Wario64 said:
I had 2 dream jobbers into Karaoke last night. Bah, damn patch update.

Every achievement and you still only have 100 floors? Interesting.
Could be that once they'd got the achievement for stocking the floors they demolished them and built another.

Anyone finding this update to cause a few crashes? I lost four hours earlier, including a floor I'd built. No huge loss but still a touch annoying. Nice that the game's getting support, i still think it needs something extra to do in the later stages though.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yeah, game crashed twice on me after the update (nothing major, I think I just lost around 15 seconds of progress each time) and it never crashed even once in the previous version. Hopefully it won't be too frequent.

No problems launching the game though, iPhone 4 here.

AlphaTwo00 said:
Anyone stuck with unlaunchable game now? I've seen a few instance of it.

Also, no more iTunes music while the game is on?

Weird to get these bugs over and over again.
The music one isn't a bug, they separated the sound settings into "sound FX" and "music" with this update. If you have "music" ticked, iPod music will be overlayed by the in-game track, but if you leave it unchecked it will still keep playing the music you were listening to.

still playing and right now I'm trying to allocate dream jobs. 3785 tickets @ 2x ? 18k.

I built 2 residential floor to facilitate this but that fucking realtor won't show up.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ugh, my game crashed this morning and then pretty much rolled back to a save from last night. My coins went from like 2.4 mil to 1.8 mil. I've been noticing a few times where I don't see the game progressing over night. Think my game is bugged

aett

The game has crashed on me a lot since the update, but it's only been a minor annoyance. Actually, one crash was really beneficial -- I was making all of my stores stock the third item because I was going to bed and I wanted the longer items to stock overnight, and the game crashed when I was about 2/3s of the way up my tower. When I opened it back up, all of the stores that were stocking had completed stocking, including the car dealership with its 11+ hour restocking period.

On the other hand, I could just be crazy, but it feels like I'm not making as much money as I was before. I used to get nearly one million coins in 24 hour period, but I only made about 1.1 million over the last two full days. I was even stocking my stores regularly because I've been lying in bed, sick, for most of that time.

Fuu

1.4.1 is out

- Fixed crashing on older devices
- Fixed occasional startup crash
- Reset button now visible on settings screen

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Fuu said:
1.4.1 is out

- Fixed crashing on older devices
- Fixed occasional startup crash
- Reset button now visible on settings screen

I hope this fixes my problems. Will try it out soon

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Seems like it fixed my start up crashes, before I had to boot the game up 2-3 times to start, now it starts up every time. Haven't noticed any crashes yet

dreamjobbing is kind of aggravating. I wish the game had a bit more depth - like

a) moving people around in the apartments.
b) being able to look at stock levels + use bux on stock while stocking

aett

I'm glad they updated the real estate agent in the previous update, but I wish they would update the other VIPs, as well. I was thinking that it would be cool if you could spend an extra tower bux to double the effectiveness of the delivery or the construction worker VIPs, so that it would take off six hours instead of three for the cost of 1 bux. Maybe you could even remove three additional hours for every bux spent. It would make the VIPs useful again for anyone over the 20th floor or whatever.

Chopper

I like the estate agent agent VIP. It's like receiving 5 free bucks! The others...not so much.

Out of interest, is anyone still playing 1.1? Probaly not, but I was wondering how many bucks you, and others have. I'm on the latest update, with all costumes unlocked and floors levelled to a 30 minute minimum restock limit, and have 1710 bucks. Feels good man. I am ready for a new elevator that plays itself!

Chopper said:
I like the estate agent agent VIP. It's like receiving 5 free bucks! The others...not so much.

Out of interest, is anyone still playing 1.1? Probaly not, but I was wondering how many bucks you, and others have. I'm on the latest update, with all costumes unlocked and floors levelled to a 30 minute minimum restock limit, and have 1710 bucks. Feels good man. I am ready for a new elevator that plays itself!

elevator that delivers people by itself?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Man, the spell was broken once I got to 100 floors. I literally played the game every single day since it came out, and now I just realized I haven't opened it for at least 5 days. The new costumes really bring me back though, since I really like figuring out what works best with what shop. Keep em coming.

Chopper

mattiewheels said:
Man, the spell was broken once I got to 100 floors. I literally played the game every single day since it came out, and now I just realized I haven't opened it for at least 5 days. The new costumes really bring me back though, since I really like figuring out what works best with what shop. Keep em coming.
True story. I spend more time micro-managing, making sure each floor's employees are wearing slightly different stuff. The forward and back buttons in the dress-up menu open up your options even further, as you can blast through, looking for the outfits you want, and just go back if you miss them. E.g. All my Music Store employees are wearing purple, and have headphones. :)

Replicant said:
This. I don't give ratass about getting a measly 1 buck tip for delivering people to their floor. Let the lift do that on its own.
Why? The lift is worthless if not for Bux/VIPs. If you're happy to let it do itself, you may as well just not use it at all and it's basically the same.

Chopper

toythatkills said:
Why? The lift is worthless if not for Bux/VIPs. If you're happy to let it do itself, you may as well just not use it at all and it's basically the same.
Yeah, but for the sake of having an optimum, epic elevator, it'd be fun to have. And if it's automatically clearing through regular customers, it would increase the rate at which you get VIPs, no?

Chopper said:
Yeah, but for the sake of having an optimum, epic elevator, it'd be fun to have. And if it's automatically clearing through regular customers, it would increase the rate at which you get VIPs, no?
I imagine the VIP rate would be cut right back to compensate, they're not just going to hand out free VIPs.

I think people need to get used to the idea that there's never going to be another elevator, however much you want it. Nimblebit have already said that this is the "endgame" as far as elevators go.

Chopper

toythatkills said:
I imagine the VIP rate would be cut right back to compensate, they're not just going to hand out free VIPs.

I think people need to get used to the idea that there's never going to be another elevator, however much you want it. Nimblebit have already said that this is the "endgame" as far as elevators go.
I didn't know that. Oh well. I don't mind at all. The last elevator is fantastic. I guess I just wanted something to spend my 2000 bucks on!

Jasoco

Banned
Goddamn. I have 9 people who want to work in a Toy Store. And no Toy Store.

As soon as I get a toy store, I'm gonna have 18 extra Bux and 6 less tenants. And there's only 5 Retail types left. So I have a 1 in 5 chance next time.

aett

Why not just evict the six Toy Store people with the lowest points in retail now and fill those spots with bitizens who might be useful for your other jobs?

I've had three people whose dream jobs are Cineplex since shortly after I started playing. I'm at 95 floors and still no damn Cineplex!

Jasoco

Banned
aett said:
Why not just evict the six Toy Store people with the lowest points in retail now and fill those spots with bitizens who might be useful for your other jobs?

I've had three people whose dream jobs are Cineplex since shortly after I started playing. I'm at 95 floors and still no damn Cineplex!
Why? I'd lose out on LITERALLY 12 Bux and would be spending 6 just to put new ones in that may or may not have better stats. I'd rather wait for a damn Toy Store.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
If I play for a couple hours, I can get 100 bucks using the elevator. The resident VIP has given me 10 bucks quite a bit.

Fuu

lol'd irl when I scrolled through this, oh wario.

5uWGV.png

check in less frequently now and started using bucks to get residents. Kind of works. Because now, every so often I'll get someone who is dreamjobbed in an existing shop so I actually gain $1 buck. Its become less obsessive (thank god) and I really wish I never started playing this stupid non game.

:p

Jasoco

Banned
hirokazu said:
Real gamers will own all three anyway. (Can't we all just get along?)
No. I wouldn't even consider a 3DS if Nintendo didn't have Mario and Zelda. And Sony has nothing I would even consider. Not even Lumines will get me to waste $250 this time. If I could play Mario and Zelda (Proper, no ripoffs or emulations of old games.) on my iPod or iPad, I wouldn't even bother considering one.

But I digress.

Meier

Did the dream that is Tiny Tower finally die for everyone else? It takes too long to restock all my floors now and the wait to get a new floor is tortorous.. I maybe check it once a day at most now. Oh well, it had a good run.

Too long as in it's like 5+ minutes at least to scroll up and go through the motions of re-stocking. I have been enjoying Pocket Frogs though.. just about to finish the 37th award (going down from the top).

Meier said:
Did the dream that is Tiny Tower finally die for everyone else? It takes too long to restock all my floors now and the wait to get a new floor is tortorous.. I maybe check it once a day at most now. Oh well, it had a good run.

Too long as in it's like 5+ minutes at least to scroll up and go through the motions of re-stocking. I have been enjoying Pocket Frogs though.. just about to finish the 37th award (going down from the top).
I've got 129 floors and it only takes a minute or two to stock everything. All my stores are at level 9 at the moment with about 210/240 dream jobs, so when I check it there's only usually 10-15 things that actually need doing and most stuff stays in stock for ages.

I'm only 16 more floors from the end, so hell no is the dream dying :lol

eznark said:
Four more floors to 100. I cannot wait to delete this.
Why not delete it now? You big crazy.

Jasoco

Banned
I'm up to about 120 floors. I ain't stopping until there's no more to get out of it. I like that it becomes more casual at the end. less having to manage it. I just restock two or three times a day. plus I am working on getting all my floors to at least an hour stock time for the lowest item to make the initial restock in the morning longer. if I could I would get them up to 6 hours at lowest just because.

aett

I also like that the game is more casual the more floors you build. I did have a lot of fun during the first weekend I played the game, when I was constantly building floors and moving bitizens around and such, but I'm glad the game isn't constantly that much work.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I wonder if there's anything they can do for the 100+ club to make it worth continuing. Restocking 70 stores and waiting 2 days for a floor, I can't imagine how tedious it is 30 or 40 floor later...

Chopper

It's not tedious as long as you have other things in your life to keep you distracted. I fully stock my tower once a day, and with everything levelled so that nothing takes less than an hour to restock, the sales last most of the day and night. Tiny Tower is nothing more than a 15 minute-a-day habit now that I'm at 133 floors. It's just not substantial enough to warrant much more of your time. But fuck me if I'm stopping before I max out the floors! :)

Pachterballs said:
My IOS5 update wiped my ipad and deleted the save. My lvl 80 tower. gonesies.

GOOD RIDDANCE. :)
I thought it saved it on their server, so when you opened it it'd tell you there was a save or something.

I am at 136 floors now. Just nine more to go, which will take 11 or so days at the current rate!

SickBoy

What you may need to do is delete and reinstall the app. My tower inexplicably disappeared one day (not sure if it was related to an update of some sort, glitch, or whatever). Couldn't retrieve the server version of the tower, and figured I was doomed.

Took final step of reinstalling and it worked. Lost a few hours, certainly, but otherwise it was fine.

Top Bottom