• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny Tower |OT| Elevator action, Dream-Jobs & Bitbook updates

Replicant

vRaZ5.jpg

GET THE F*CK OUT OF MY BUILDING!!!

ColonelT

Anyone running this on an iPhone 4S? Performance is greatly improved; the little stutters as you raise the elevator are barely perceptible.

seady

Wario64 said:
Had a Bitizen moved in named "Megan Fox" yesterday. Accidentally evicted her before I realized it. lol.

Oh, and I decided to upgrade to the 499 bux elevator...after building 138 floors. Still could be faster :lol

http://towers.nimblebit.com/228055816

The first time I played this game and load up my friend list to view your tower, it somehow deleted and transformed my tower into yours (you were level 34 at that point), so I automatically got a lv34 tower along with the achievement associated with it.

Of coz, i was super confused and wonder whats the point of grinding. But being a honest player, I deleted your tower and start my own again. It was last night I finally reach your level again (on my own this time).

F-Pina

Hey guys, been playing this for some time now.
Is there a limit for the number of floors?
Also, how many different stores are there?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Up to 84 here, still a few days before I join the +100 floors master race. This game has been working alongside the alarms in the clock app to help me get up in mornings where I didn't get enough sleep, lol. I grab the phone, start restocking the stores half asleep and it somehow helps my brain get into gear faster.

F-Pina said:
Hey guys, been playing this for some time now.
Is there a limit for the number of floors?
Also, how many different stores are there?
As of the current update, the limit is 90 commercial floors + 54 residential floors.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I got to 24 floors and completely burnt out. I feel disgusting. What a waste of time.

senador

Banned
I am at 119 floors now. Its lost a lot of its fun and charm now but I want to see it through til the end. I do it out of habit now and its a nice little time grinder. My wife and I lie in bed together and play it.

I really wish that the coin rate scaled more. It takes so long to get that next floor now. Sometimes its every other day, but at best its 1 in the morning, another the next night to finish the 1 a day. Its just so slow.

Fuu said:
Up to 84 here, still a few days before I join the +100 floors master race. This game has been working alongside the alarms in the clock app to help me get up in mornings where I didn't get enough sleep, lol. I grab the phone, start restocking the stores half asleep and it somehow helps my brain get into gear faster.
It's gonna feel totally weird when I start waking up and I've not got this to sort first thing any more. It's been routine for four months and It'll be finished next week!

Jasoco

Banned
I'm gonna max the crap out of this game and not touch it again except maybe once a week or day or so when I feel like it until an update comes out to add more floors.

I've already started bumping up the lowest stock time on all floors to at least an hour. And will probably keep bumping until they're at 2 hours so I don't have to check it as often. Since I am pretty much always near my iPad though it's easy to switch in and stock some floors before going back to whatever else I was doing with it, which is usually controlling my Mac mini Media Server with PlexApp or other stuff.

Steal this million dollar idea I just had:

A Tiny Tower-skinned twitter client. Each tweet looks like a floor of a tiny tower. Have animated tiny tower people walk around in the background. Sell for $3 on app store.

Wario64 said:
I'm at 143 floors...I might beat this game...I can't believe it
Me too :)

143 built, 270 bitizens living there of which 255 are in their dream jobs and the other 15 are just waiting for their dream job to open. And they're all 9-rated. My tower is a MACHINE.

aett

I'm at 116 floors and have the 499 bux elevator. The game is really starting to drag lately. It takes ages to stock everything, especially when I'm not able to update it regularly, like in the morning. At this point, though, I'd like to see it through to the end.

aett said:
I'm at 116 floors and have the 499 bux elevator. The game is really starting to drag lately. It takes ages to stock everything, especially when I'm not able to update it regularly, like in the morning. At this point, though, I'd like to see it through to the end.
If you want to speed stocking up, only stock the third tier items. You'll make a few less coins (1200pm vs. 1500pm or so) but stocking will be way quicker. Because you're just stocking the one tier, the only stores you'll ever have to deal with are the ones which are out of stock, or ready to be stocked, which means everything you need to do will have an icon on the bottom to quick-jump to. You can get a 116 floor tower fully operational in about 20 or 30 seconds.

9 stores to finish the game.

The funny part is that now is VERY easy to get lots of bucks. I'm making tons of bucks only trying to maximize the dream jobs.

Chopper

Aaaaand I'm done. 145 floors, 270 bitizens, 270 dream jobs, 268 9s, 2 8s, 1470 bucks, 17,000 unread Bitbook notifications.

I never thought I'd ever finish a freemium title. Thankyou Nimblebit. I need never play one again.

Bring on the update. :)

Chopper said:
Aaaaand I'm done. 145 floors, 270 bitizens, 270 dream jobs, 268 9s, 2 8s, 1470 bucks, 17,000 unread Bitbook notifications.

I never thought I'd ever finish a freemium title. Thankyou Nimblebit. I need never play one again.

Bring on the update. :)

I can't believe that you fired dream job people with low scores looking for people with dream job AND 9 of score.

I suppose that those 1470 bucks are because of massive dream people hiring until you got the 9 in the job.

Chopper

DangerousDave said:
I can't believe that you fired dream job people with low scores looking for people with dream job AND 9 of score.

I suppose that those 1470 bucks are because of massive dream people hiring until you got the 9 in the job.
Dream job 9s aren't very hard to come by. It's often worth the gamble.

toythatkills said:
Pah, you're not done at all!
Ugh, I know. I'll do it later... :(

Jasoco

Banned
I think this game needs a "score" calculated by taking the number of people, multiplying that by 9 to get the max score and then adding up all the dream points you actually have (That is to say every happy person, add their numbers up) and you'd get a "dream score".

Or the max would be whatever the maximum job openings is multiplied by 9. And your score would be however many points you have out of that total.

Right now it only tells you how many dream jobbers you have. But not what numbers they currently have without looking at every person.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Now that I have all my stores built, I'm finally bored of this game. The only thing left is moving Bitizens in and that's boring. The fun is finally starting to wear off.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Finally got dream jobs in all my stores (but not all 9s, I'm not that crazy). Now I feel so empty. Stocking my stores now to get the achievements. It took me like 300+ bux to get those last 3 dream jobbers.

I'm impressed this game lasted me for 4 months. Played daily too.

Wario64 said:
Finally got dream jobs in all my stores (but not all 9s, I'm not that crazy). Now I feel so empty. Stocking my stores now to get the achievements. It took me like 300+ bux to get those last 3 dream jobbers.

I'm impressed this game lasted me for 4 months. Played daily too.
There's an update coming with eight new floors sometime in the next few weeks, so you'll want another 25m-ish coins saved up!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
toythatkills said:
There's an update coming with eight new floors sometime in the next few weeks, so you'll want another 25m-ish coins saved up!

I'll probably still continue to 'play' it since you can keep building floors. Just can't convert them into stores. Wish I could build more apartments though so I can still bux farm!

toythatkills said:

I won't update until I finish all the floors (only 10 left, so maybe I'll finish before). But I think that those 8 floors update each 2 months won't affect us too much, because now getting bucks or money is very, very easy.

Mzo

soqquatto said:
I'm kinda miffed by this. the pixel art hooked me at first as the simple mechanic and all the nice extra touches (bitbook et al). after reaching the 30th floor though I realized there is no game at all. you just have to babysit the inevitable outcome of things without making any real decision, my actions were not having any effect. what is this? it's not a "game", it's not even a "toy". it's more of a pretty shiny thing that looks nice but has no substance. I started strong "power leveling" my tower but after three days straight I felt... empty, and just quit.
my 2c.
It's a charming and adorable app with good personality, but it's not a game. Nothing you do matters; you're right. You're always winning. You can set things up to win faster and more efficiently, but that's really it. I guess there's the little Where's Waldo task that gets rougher as you gain more floors, but you're not really required to do complete any of those. There are no penalties or time limits.

Without any sort of opposition it's just a prettier form of Progress Quest. Or a really fancy screen saver.

I still think it's charming and has personality, so I keep it running on my iPad. Just saying.

seady

How do you get those "Fully Stock" achievement?

I have 3 persons working on each of the two required shops on the said achievement (for example: Sub Store and Mini Golf Store for the Subpar Achievement), do the stocking on the most expensive items, but did not get any achievement.

senador

Banned
seady said:
How do you get those "Fully Stock" achievement?

I have 3 persons working on each of the two required shops on the said achievement (for example: Sub Store and Mini Golf Store for the Subpar Achievement), do the stocking on the most expensive items, but did not get any achievement.
All items must be stocked at both stores during the same time period.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
wat's this: https://twitter.com/#!/eeen/status/131976282387918848/photo/1

Z7Bk8.jpg

Star ratings...store gifting???

Oh fuck looks like there's missions too

UfZ9V.png
D2e9F.png

aett

The missions could be a cool idea. I'm looking forward to the update, although I'm only at 123 floors and it feels like my coins aren't keeping up with the rising cost of building floors.

Top Bottom