• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny Tower |OT| Elevator action, Dream-Jobs & Bitbook updates

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
DangerousDave said:
Start leveling your shops, people.

Good thing all my stores (except for 1) are all upgraded so that 3rd item takes at least 3 hours to stock

Looks like the star thing is a new UI thing to show how many dream jobbers you have

Chopper

Surely you'll complete these "missions" by just restocking your floors like normal. I mean, what can actually you do apart from keep churning out the goods?

And stars for dream jobbers? My tower's gonna look like a galactic monster!

Hurry up update.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Chopper said:
Surely you'll complete these "missions" by just restocking your floors like normal. I mean, what can actually you do apart from keep churning out the goods?

And stars for dream jobbers? My tower's gonna look like a galactic monster!

Hurry up update.

Yes but depending on your stock levels, missions may require multiple stocking

It looks like there's no time limits too so it depends how quick you want to complete it I guess. And you only get bux?

But since there's gifting too, the game is now getting a social aspect to it like Farmville. We could have GAFFers help each other out

Meier

Cool, the missions will make this a little bit more like Pocket Frogs.

Btw, if anyone plays that.. hook me up with an Amfractus! I'm abellwillring on GameCenter and plus.

Chopper

Wario64 said:
Yes but depending on your stock levels, missions may require multiple stocking

It looks like there's no time limits too so it depends how quick you want to complete it I guess. And you only get bux?

But since there's gifting too, the game is now getting a social aspect to it like Farmville. We could have GAFFers help each other out
Gifting is cool, I suppose. I'm curious as to how often missions are released. I can't imagine many of them would take more than a couple of days of restocking. Trading bitizens would be so much better.

Also, if we all have the same mission (if the system is anything like Pocket Frogs), we won't have the spare stock to help each other out at all. In fact, yeah, the system can't work like Pocket Frogs' at all otherwise the gifting is redundant. Random missions?

Meier

Chopper said:
Thanks, you da man! Been doing races and trying with the pink gifts when at the pond, etc. and never seen one pop up.

I have been playing Pocket Frogs alongside Tiny Tower now for about 2 months. It's fun too although the missions and achievements get truly ridiculous the higher you get. 2 days per frog is ridiculous! They more or less force you to buy either the eggs DLC or the Mail one.. I refuse at $5 a pop each. If they did a sale, I'd buy one.

Edit: Hah, no wonder they weren't showing up in races.. they're only level 9! I figured they were 10 or 11.. oops. Oh well, just won a second one after I got the one from you. :lol

polg

I'm planning to stop playing once I get all the achievements... Can an iOS game get new ones with an update?

Chopper

Meier said:
Thanks, you da man! Been doing races and trying with the pink gifts when at the pond, etc. and never seen one pop up.

I have been playing Pocket Frogs alongside Tiny Tower now for about 2 months. It's fun too although the missions and achievements get truly ridiculous the higher you get. 2 days per frog is ridiculous! They more or less force you to buy either the eggs DLC or the Mail one.. I refuse at $5 a pop each. If they did a sale, I'd buy one.

Edit: Hah, no wonder they weren't showing up in races.. they're only level 9! I figured they were 10 or 11.. oops. Oh well, just won a second one after I got the one from you. :lol
I absolutely destroyed Pocket Frogs when it came out. Though I've been sat at 9977 lifetime frogs for a while now. I got all of the achievements except the ridiculous Froggydex based one. Don't remember having problems with any of them. Nimblebit have fucking nailed the freemium model, as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't play anyone else's.

aett

JEKKI said:
maaaaan I jus started playing this game last week.

Im on level 20 already

The first 20-30 floors can be made really fast. I think I got several on my first day. It'll slow waaaay down.

Jaruru

aett said:
The first 20-30 floors can be made really fast. I think I got several on my first day. It'll slow waaaay down.

slowwwwwwwwwwwwww wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
136 floors now, it's taking 2+ days to build a floor...

senador

Banned
WTF? How did you build a floor a day? I'm constantly stocking and on top of it and also have nearly all stores upgraded to an hour minimum. I only get a floor a day if I am lucky and it's a floor in the morning one day and late at night the next day. Would love the game to go a little faster.

senador said:
WTF? How did you build a floor a day? I'm constantly stocking and on top of it and also have nearly all stores upgraded to an hour minimum. I only get a floor a day if I am lucky and it's a floor in the morning one day and late at night the next day. Would love the game to go a little faster.
Don't stock the one-coin items and your coins per minute will be higher. Probably worth something like 300,000-400,000 coins a day. I wasn't exactly building a floor a day, it was more like four floors every five days or something, but it NEVER took 2+ days for one floor.

FerranMG

I got the last floor the other day.
Now I'm saving a bit for when the next update is released, though I'm kinda looking forward to stop playing this damn game. :/ :p

I always managed to have 2 floors under construction, right 'til the end.
Of course, as construction times rose, it took longer to build a new floor, but past 100 floors I found like a balance in the game where I would have the amount of coins needed to build the next floor right when my oldest floor under construction was about to be finally finished.

Mind you, I upgraded every floor so it never took less than 50 minutes to stock the lowest tier product.

BTW, what's the max coins per minute you usually achieve?
I consistently get up to 1700, and once I saw a 2000, but never higher.

Jasoco

Banned
I just had a thought. Is Daylight Saving Time going to affect the game in any way? Did NimbleBit account for the time change? In the Spring it was no big deal. If they didn't account, the time goes forward 1 hour, things get finished sooner. But if they didn't account for the Fall Back part, we'd end up with stuff being rewound. Losing money.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
UfZ9V.png

HA, they put hazmat costumes in the laundromat as a Breaking Bad reference, hopefully. I actually have hazmats in the soda brewery, since it looked like the meth lab a little bit.

Jasoco

Banned
So I guess 1.5 is coming out soon. It'll bring 5 more stores and 3 more apartments. I just discovered I have one more of every store and three more apartments in 1.4 before I have everything. Then the next version will give me just another 5 and 3.

Question, when you build all of one type of store or all the apartments, does the game stop you from building new ones to prevent duplicates? Or does it allow a duplicate?

Chopper

You can keep building floors, you just can't assign a type, so it stays empty.

Apparently there's still quite a bit of testing and tweaking before the update can be submitted. I wouldn't expect it for a few weeks. I'm a little disappointed that there are only 8 new floors coming in this update. I wonder how hard it must be to implement more at a time? There are loads of people who are finishing up their towers and stocking cash for this update, but after about three days, we'll be back to waiting. I'm not convinced these missions are worth getting excited about. Especially with nothing to spend bucks on past the last elevator, which I got the day it was released.

Jasoco

Banned
WHEN!!!!??? ME WANTIE NAO!!!!!!

I only have 6 more floors until I have built every floor in the current version, so I'm looking forward to a new update with more stuff.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
What bugs me is having costumes that I can't connect to a certain store in my mind in any way. Like the Uncle Sam, pilgrim, pig....argh, drives me nuts man.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm up at like 153 floors now. Or is it 154. I dunno but I'm still playing it even after getting all my stores! I can't stop...

mattiewheels

toythatkills said:
My BBQ is staffed by pigs
Ah, you can tell I don't have that one yet. You guys should mention what costumes you're using for what stores, I'm sure some people have really clever ones.

I actually use the vikings in the bowling alley because it reminds me of the big lebowski dream sequence, ha.

aett

mattiewheels said:
Ah, you can tell I don't have that one yet. You guys should mention what costumes you're using for what stores, I'm sure some people have really clever ones.

I actually use the vikings in the bowling alley because it reminds me of the big lebowski dream sequence, ha.

I named my bowling alley Mongolian Bowl. Not sure what costume to use, though, maybe a chef or something?

mattiewheels said:
My bowling alley is named after the bowling alley in The Big Lebowski!

Someone on SA has put boy-wizards in their Pottery Studio, which is totally lame and totally funny at the same time

Leonsito

Wario64 said:
I'm up at like 153 floors now. Or is it 154. I dunno but I'm still playing it even after getting all my stores! I can't stop...

I'm at 79, I'm able to build about 4-5 floors per week now, I may get you in February 2012.

mattiewheels

toythatkills said:
My bowling alley is named after the bowling alley in The Big Lebowski!

Someone on SA has put boy-wizards in their Pottery Studio, which is totally lame and totally funny at the same time
I put the Harry Potters in my bookstore, and the phantoms in my music store. They live for retail!

mattiewheels said:
I put the Harry Potters in my bookstore, and the phantoms in my music store. They live for retail!
My phantoms are in my theatre, and I put mimes in the book store. Gotta be quiet, library conditions! I don't have a costume for the music store, but my record store is staffed by people with headphones on

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
toythatkills said:
Next version might be out by the time you build that fourth one, they were looking at submitting it yesterday or today
Agh! I'm one store away from finishing, and now you're saying I'm not?!

JEKKI

I need advice!!

basically, I got the new iphone,

and when I went to download and install Tiny Tower... it magically restored my old tower from "the cloud" or whatever wizardry that's in the air nowadays!!!!

so anywayz, I wanna kno what to spend my Bux on!!

I spent them all on the Elevator and the next upgrade costs 499 Bux lol. I dont think I'll buy it.

so how should I use my Bux economy now?!?!

I have 35 floors now btw. I also got the new iphone which is pretty cool.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
God where is that update

I have like 10 extra floors built or something

I can't wait to construct the new floors all at the same time

XnMBH.jpg

Jasoco

Banned
You'll want that new elevator when you get to 50. It moves at a speed of 10 floors per second. So you'll thank yourself when you're moving up 50 floors in 5 seconds. You will buy it. You will.

Aside from that, upgrade your businesses to at least 1 hour for the lowest item.

Jasoco

Banned
toythatkills said:
But that's too many! You'll have ugly empty floors for months until the update after :(
No. Well. Yes. He'll have 2 I believe.

The update will most likely bring 1 of every business (5 total) and 3 residential to fill them. So he'll have 2 empty floors until the next update after that. Unless they added 2 of each and 6 apartments which is unlikely.

But yeah, it'll be awesome to build all 8 at once and have them all open at the same time. (Is that how it works?)

robox

JEKKI said:
so anywayz, I wanna kno what to spend my Bux on!!

I spent them all on the Elevator and the next upgrade costs 499 Bux lol. I dont think I'll buy it.

so how should I use my Bux economy now?!?!

I have 35 floors now btw. I also got the new iphone which is pretty cool.

i got the gold elevator at floor 20. /smug
now spending bux on rushing floors.. by the time i hit 30, that tron elevator will look pretty tempting.
or i quit this damn game.

Top Bottom