• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 Teaser Trailer

The only thing you really need to know about the "story" in the first one is: "Skynet becomes self-aware".

TF2's campaign will probably just be a soft reboot, anyway, I don't think there's much from the first game worth expanding on in a sequel.

Oh shit, now we have 2 TF2s... goddamnit...

deoee

Yay for mediocre Singleplayer campaign which no one will ever remember instead of focusing ressources on things they did well in the first game because gaming is a stupid business!
EWmof.gif

Titanfall is one game that graphics really don't matter at all. You don't (or shouldn't) be playing Titanfall thinking "Man this should look better!"

It plays way too damn well and smooth to even stop and focus on that kind of thing. The speed and fluidity is still the best controlling of this entire generation.

But yeah of course better graphics is always a plus and they should shoot for the best they can, I'm just saying its really not a staple of this franchise.

SwolBro

Banned
Yay for mediocre Singleplayer campaign which no one will ever remember instead of focusing ressources on things they did well in the first game because gaming is a stupid business!
EWmof.gif
hhahaha. ahh, man it's the world we live in.

Show me that movement. Wall runs, double jumps, eternal sprints.

Graphics look good. Rock solid FPS is what counts for this game so it doesn't need to prioritize having the best FX possible.

Chris1

Titanfall is one game that graphics really don't matter at all. You don't (or shouldn't) be playing Titanfall thinking "Man this should look better!"

It plays way too damn well and smooth to even stop and focus on that kind of thing. The speed and fluidity is still the best controlling of this entire generation.

But yeah of course better graphics is always a plus and they should shoot for the best they can, I'm just saying its really not a staple of this franchise.

Plus it's a FPS, the most important thing should be framerate, not graphics. If they have to downgrade the graphics heavily to get a rock solid 60 FPS then do it.

mnannola

Any indication on how they are approaching single player this time around? I hope they don't cave in to the minority and invest too much into it.

//DEVIL//

I would pay anything to get this game as soon as possible. First one was the reason i bought xbox one. I cant seriously fucking wait

Day fucking 1. I know this sounds weird but Titanfall reminds me more of Unreal Tournament than COD. I love how fast it is and how is harder to kill/die.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Loving it. I have big expectations for this game.

Don't even start man. this game isn't going to be a graphical powerhouse. this is about sweet butterly smooth gameplay movement.

Nah. It should look good too. It's 2016.

I always thought/hoped those giant things were chill. I wouldn't really want to kill them, I mean, a scene reminiscent of Last of Us with the Giraffe would be pretty cool.

After you take down the towers at the airbase in the first game, they go crazy tearing stuff up at the edges of the map.

Xtars

The game I'm most excited for this year. I can't wait.

Had a blast with the original, the most fun Multeplayer FPS experience i've had in years.

Alexious

Loving it. I have big expectations for this game.

Don't even start man. this game isn't going to be a graphical powerhouse. this is about sweet butterly smooth gameplay movement.

There is no reason not to have both. The graphics difference with Battlefield 1 will be huge.

CrayToes

Of course people will only talk about the graphics. Let's gloss over the fact that the gameplay is near flawless in the original, and likely will be here.

BigTnaples

Of course people will only talk about the graphics. Let's gloss over the fact that the gameplay is near flawless in the original, and likely will be here.

I know the game plays great. Double dipped on the first.

That said, the graphics were fucking abysmal. We need better for TF2.

CrayToes

I know the game plays great. Double dipped on the first.

That said, the graphics were fucking abysmal. We need better for TF2.

To my knowledge, the Titanfall team is quite small. Like 60 people? I think they've got their priorities straight. It's pretty hilarious to compare this to a Dice game, no less.

EWmof.gif

If any studio is still capable of producing good setpiece driven FPS campaign these days, it is Respawn. Even with how limited it was, Titanfall's "campaign" still has some shining aspects. And the original skipped campaign not because they don't want to, it was due to them running out of time and money.

BigTnaples

To my knowledge, the Titanfall team is quite small. Like 60 people? I think they've got their priorities straight. It's pretty hilarious to compare this to a Dice game, no less.

I didn't compare it to a Dice game.

60 people is more than enough to expect modern graphics.

140 according to wikipedia. They were hiring a lot of people for Titanfall 2 and that Star Wars game

Top Bottom