• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 Teaser Trailer

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I wasn't talking about you specifically. Having said that, I think you're vastly blowing Titanfall's graphical deficiencies out of proportion.

Nah. It's the most graphically disappointing game of his generation. Including Wolfenstien.

I played it at 4K on PC and even that didn't help much. Where as 4K did wonders for games from 2005-6 and even further in the past.

The game looked terrible. The art, gameplay, etc were amazing, but the graphics themselves were an eyesore.

CrayToes

Nah. It's the most graphically disappointing game of his generation. Including Wolfenstien.

I played it at 4K on PC and even that didn't help much. Where as 4K did wonders for games from 2005-6 and even further in the past.

The game looked terrible. The art, gameplay, etc were amazing, but the graphics themselves were an eyesore.

You think the art was amazing? I'm not sure I agree. I would say the bland art was a bigger issue than anything technical. Everything was brown and grey.

I always thought/hoped those giant things were chill. I wouldn't really want to kill them, I mean, a scene reminiscent of Last of Us with the Giraffe would be pretty cool.

Yeh, that would be sweet.

Though, in Titanfall 1 those pterodactyl things would carry away A.I. troops to their doom.

J-Rzez

Best gameplay for a shooter this gen easily.

Only knock I had on the first, which is a big one, was the lack of content for it weapon, titan, and personalization wise.

AngryNeox

Neo Member
I'm really wondering how the SP will be. I mean they can't just do it like CoD or any other modern shooter and make linear levels in closed areas. This is Titanfall after all so you will need bigger maps in SP to allow parkour and Titan action. Oh and that's also one reason why I think that there wasn't a SP for Titanfall 1, it would have been either shit or way too much work.

Hip Hop

It had little to do with origin. It did not have a server browser, nor any provision of rentable community servers.

Frostbite is right next to them. Is there some reason they cant use it?

Excuse my ignorance, but isn't an engine tied to what you can do with gameplay?

Plus, they already have the baseline from the first game. Using something else completely and start over takes time, I would imagine.

SwolBro

Banned
Nah. It should look good too. It's 2016.
it doesn't look bad. it just doesn't look like a graphical powerhouse, and i'm ok with that.

There is no reason not to have both. The graphics difference with Battlefield 1 will be huge.
there is. they are still using source. when and if they upgrade to source 2 for a third game then we'll see a serious graphical boost.

battlefield is a much bigger franchise and going by battlefield 4 i'd much rather have these graphics than a shit online that you can barely play.

Ouch, those graphics don't look too good... and this is probably one of the better looking parts of the games if they picked this for their teaser. But I hope that at least the scene of this teaser is a sign that there might be a campaign, because if there won't be a campaign I think I'll pass.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
it doesn't look bad. it just doesn't look like a graphical powerhouse, and i'm ok with that.

Nah. It looks bad.

It has all of the graphical features of a last gen game, plus muddy as hell texturework.

I love Infinity Ward,(MW1-2) and Respawn, but Titanfall is a hideous game graphically. Just played a match to ensure it wasn't my memory playing tricks, and even at 4K this game is an eyesore. Still LOVE the game, but its terrible to look at.

Darkangel

Yay for mediocre Singleplayer campaign which no one will ever remember instead of focusing ressources on things they did well in the first game because gaming is a stupid business!
EWmof.gif

People remember the MW1 & 2 campaigns.

I can't wait to potentially get something of the same caliber.

Titanfall was flat out great. The mobility and different intersecting styles of combat really made it interesting and unique. I'm in for the sequel.

jeffc919

This is my most anticipated game after being over 2 years LTTP on the original and not putting it down since. I just hope I don't get too burned out on the concept before the sequel arrives.

I assume we should finally get an official release date at the reveal today? Hopefully info on a beta too....

Avtomat

EA really streamed the practice run. BAAAAHAHAHAAAA

well they didn't show everything and they do have to test their stream but kinda funny - unfortunately no FIFA footage.

Titanfall:

First one I ignored but this looks all right - Titan's got swords now which looks good. Hopefully we see some night maps and smaller vehicles.

Top Bottom