• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TitanFall Beta not open: Invite waves & codes required, staggered to avoid implosion

We could get beta news today or tomorrow since they said "early in the week". I might just seeing too optimistic =(
In the most likely case we will be able to get into the beta as easily as signing up through a form on Titanfall's site. Abbie already said "anyone can play the beta" then head of Respawn said they would roll the invite/codes out in stagger to avoid imploding the servers.

I need beta news to be the appetizer to quite the hunger for that embargo event info!

shandy706

Pre-Ordered this...

91An0quR-BL._SL1500_.jpg

...still no Beta Code :(

Mononoke

Banned
I'm torn on which Beta I want to get into (not that I might even have a choice). Kind of hoping for the PC one, since it should run at much higher specs. My PC rig is definitely ready. But I really enjoyed the Alpha on the Xbox One, and am curious to see the difference between Alpha and Beta on it.

That's all assuming I can even get in on the Beta hah.

WizzNARD

I said it earlier, but Wednesday seems like a strange time to announce details, especially if it does indeed start on Friday. That and I would hope it would last longer than the 5 days listed in the leak if invites will be staggered.

Knowing my luck I wouldn't get in until the last day.

Goomba64

Banned
I need to try this before I even consider buying it. I really don't like first person shooters. Borderlands is okay and I'm hoping Destiny is good. But I definitely can't buy an FPS game blind.
same, gonna try redbox. or take advantage of gamestop's return policy if i dont like the game

Definity

I was hoping to see beta news today but don't think that's going to happen. I guess they will probably release those details on Wednesday after the embargo is up on the recent event?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
fuuuuuuu, i'lll be out of the office and in the field... someone, get me a code!

malfcn

I was indecisive on the statue, partially because I didn't know how limited it was going to be. Bring on the beta news!

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
UI is horrible -- so clunky, unintuitive, and laggy -- and I can't load a match. Can't wait for Titanfall beta (hoping I get in).

dang that sucks D: I'm about to start playing it, hope it doesn't look like that in the real game.

i hope i can sign up for the beta, i really enjoyed the alpha :)

Leb

You'd think that this would constitute a fairly obvious, "most people won't drop $60 on an untested MP-only shooter without first trying the beta/demo" scenario...

Lol, again, messaging on this thing has been abysmal. Looks like it'll be smaller, closed beta type - maybe even stress test? - with no preorder access.

I signed up on the Titanfall site months ago to be "kept up to date on Titanfall". You'd think that would assure me entry into this beta, but somehow I doubt it. I'll be so bummed if I don't get into this thing.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I'm guessing the best thing to do would be having the Respawn and Vince's twitters open in tabs all day. I haven't been caught up in the hype, or watched much footage, but I'd definitely like to play the beta to try it out.

The way they have handled this beta is frustrating. I have the game preorderd and if I can't play in the beta I will be buying used or not at all. If anything I am less hyped now and just annoyed with respawn and EA.

Heysoos

I predict a lot of angry gamers tomorrow. I predict I will be one of them.

Please don't make it super fucking impossible to get in.

Top Bottom