• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TitanFall Beta not open: Invite waves & codes required, staggered to avoid implosion

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
i wonder if EA says, the people that got premium for bf4 are getting in the beta, but i wouldn't think this will happen. right guys, right D:

Lucent

I need to try this before I even consider buying it. I really don't like first person shooters. Borderlands is okay and I'm hoping Destiny is good. But I definitely can't buy an FPS game blind.

Now you're talking about game balance. Buggy software and game balance are two different things.

I bought that game on the 360 the day it came out and don't recall having a single issue playing it online that first week. Sorry.

well, it wouldn't connect to matches for almost a week on my end and I wasn't the only one with this issue. Just look up patch 1.02. It broke the game for days after MW2's release. Or check the official thread. Like i said, broken during the first week, laggy/shitty hit detection more often than not AND, yes, it was terribly unbalanced.

Cru

I don't recall MW 1 & 2 having hit detection issues during launch. Can't say the same for Blops.

so pretty much everyone could just go preorder at amazon, get the code, and then cancel preorder without ever being charged? good to know

HBP

so pretty much everyone could just go preorder at amazon, get the code, and then cancel preorder without ever being charged? good to know

Ha I suppose... I wasn't trying to be shady about it... reason I was wanting to is I am expecting some Amazon gift cards before it ships.

E92 M3

Man, they're making this beta process way more convoluted than it needs to be. I see a lot of disappoint in the coming future :( This all reeks of a last minute decision.

jediyoshi

I'd wait and see what Zampella says. Who ever runs the Titanfallgame account is poorly informed, they've been telling people the game comes out in the UK the same day as the rest of Europe (a Thursday) and that simply won't happen.

Respawn's twitter says the same thing, sounds like a safe bet.

E92 M3

Ahh thanks! Heres to hoping that my preorder from amazon gets me in. Off next week so that would be amazing!

I want to hope that Amazon preorders will count, but I'm very skeptical. I'm getting mentally prepared to fight for this beta code.

Bsigg12

How do we get in consideration for the sending of beta codes?

They haven't said yet but it sounds like preordering and get a code is being worked on but not official. Also, the Titanfall twitter account says details on how to get in early in the week next week so probably Monday.

They haven't said yet but it sounds like preordering and get a code is being worked on but not official. Also, the Titanfall twitter account says details on how to get in early in the week next week so probably Monday.
Thanks! I had read through the entire thread and wasn't 100% sure if it was given to BF4 PC players.

Lucifon

Surprised we've still had no news on the beta. If the rumoured date is to be believed it's a week a way and we haven't even had a date confirmed.

Bizazedo

Where the hell is the beta news? Seriously, it's astounding how quiet they are on details.

I hear they were trying to get a list of players from the database over at DICE of their Premium BF4 players, but the database crashed.

I am joking, I have no idea

WizzNARD

It looks like Wed, that is when the embargo gets lifted on the events they held last week.

Let me just say the way Respawn, EA, or whoever has been handling this Beta has kinda been a bummer. 3 weeks ago the Beta stuff leaks. They come out and say, "Yep, it's happening, details soon!". 3 weeks go by, with the only "info" being tweets that don't inform of anything, they just cause more confusion, followed by "more info soon!". And really, if the Beta starts on Friday, runs for the length that the leaks said, and requires a code that are being staggered, well this whole Beta thing is becoming more annoying than anything else. I feel like with the game being so close to release the time for keeping things close to your chest is over. Time to just come and say what is happening, not some attempt to try and build hype.

Sorry for the rant, but it's really been bothering me. Mainly because I want to play this game really bad.

RulkezX

It looks like Wed, that is when the embargo gets lifted on the events they held last week.

Let me just say the way Respawn, EA, or whoever has been handling this Beta has kinda been a bummer. 3 weeks ago the Beta stuff leaks. They come out and say, "Yep, it's happening, details soon!". 3 weeks go by, with the only "info" being tweets that don't inform of anything, they just cause more confusion, followed by "more info soon!". And really, if the Beta starts on Friday, runs for the length that the leaks said, and requires a code that are being staggered, well this whole Beta thing is becoming more annoying than anything else. I feel like with the game being so close to release the time for keeping things close to your chest is over. Time to just come and say what is happening, not some attempt to try and build hype.

Sorry for the rant, but it's really been bothering me. Mainly because I want to play this game really bad.

What does the embargo have to do with Respawn announcing the beta details ?

The last Zampella talked about it was to say

In meetings about the beta, so you know we are working on it. @DKo5 looks half crazed! @jonshiring is keeping his head straight tho

Dabanton

Seems very seat of the pants and not well organised.

But we will no doubt see it starting either Thursday or Friday once the previews and the no doubt huge amounts of hype those will raise go off across the internet.

Respawn win either way as they know were fucking starving for that beta.

And I hope BF4 Premium members don't get preferential treatment. Why should Respawn have to cover for DICE's inept handling of their own game? It should be people who pre ordered first,people who signed up for the beta during the alpha second then everyone else.

RulkezX

PR 101. Massive info dump creating momentum, it's the best time to announce the beta while the game is under the brightest spotlights.

Because there is no hype now ?

It's the biggest release of the year so far, and the biggest launch of a new IP in a long long time, it certainly doesn't need any manufactured hype, especially when everything Respawn tells us shows they really haven't much of a clue what's going on with the beta.

Bizazedo

It's the biggest release of the year so far, and the biggest launch of a new IP in a long long time, it certainly doesn't need any manufactured hype, especially when everything Respawn tells us shows they really haven't much of a clue what's going on with the beta.

It can always be bigger.

It's a legit tactic to wait until the embargo drops if they anticipate glowing reviews....

It'd still be nice if they gave us a heads up to wait until Wednesday, though.

We'll find out in a couple days

Nugg

There is no such thing as enough hype.

WizzNARD

It can always be bigger.

It's a legit tactic to wait until the embargo drops if they anticipate glowing reviews....

It'd still be nice if they gave us a heads up to wait until Wednesday, though.

Exactly. The last thing they said was "early next week", which of course everyone expects to be Monday, especially if the Beta launches on Friday as is rumored. If it's Wednesday why not just say Wednesday?

DarkFlow

Banned
So how does one get a beta key, or is everyone just guessing at this point? I have it Pre-Ordered so I don't really care if I get in or not, was just wondering.

Top Bottom