• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TNA wrestling is dead, it is now Global Force Wrestling

Bert409

JM-match.jpeg

At least it will go out with this 5 star classic.

Jeff Jarrett is one master schemer.

Let Dixie Carter prop up TNA while he was owner. Then sold it to her. Then he left and started GFW. Then he returned as a paid member of staff... now has somehow managed to rebrand TNA into GFW. How is this even possible. Guy is amazing.

Abyss is still doing that bullshit that's not his gimmick? Fuck. Hearing people talk about how he has fucked up his own image over the years in shoot interviews is depressing.

Abyss is still doing that bullshit that's not his gimmick? Fuck. Hearing people talk about how he has fucked up his own image over the years in shoot interviews is depressing.

Dude is basically Kane without that weird x-factor that allows him to retain his heat no matter how bad the booking is.

FDC1

Technically, it has already stopped to be called TNA since a few months, it was Impact Wrestling. Nothing will change in better or worse outside the rebranding, it's still the same company.

DJKhaled

It's sad because tna was legitimately way better than wwe all of last year but ever since Anthem and jarret took over its fucking sucked. Also I boycotted because ec3 is a pizzagate and Seth rich believer and like infowars shit all the time on instagram and twitter

Dude is basically Kane without that weird x-factor that allows him to retain his heat no matter how bad the booking is.

Yup. lol

And the worst part is, he had the chance to face Taker at WM, and be remembered, but he turned down WWE's offer and stuck with TNA. Taker retired and is way past his prime. That opportunity is gone forever now. JFC.

Ultratech

f6VzheW.gif

(Took me a while to find a good gif.)

Jeff Jarrett is one master schemer.

Let Dixie Carter prop up TNA while he was owner. Then sold it to her. Then he left and started GFW. Then he returned as a paid member of staff... now has somehow managed to rebrand TNA into GFW. How is this even possible. Guy is amazing.

Yeah, dude definitely played the long con on that one and lucked out.

TNA still lives on like the cockroach it is.

RIP TNA.

Sad to see TNA go from being great back in the day, to it's major decline and now death.

Doubt it will get much better with a new name, but who knows.....

Why are people saying TNA lasted longer than WCW? I count Jim Crockett promotions as an extension to WCW.

You could also technically argue WCW was an extension of NWA. Either way WCW would have stuck around longer had the Time Warner deal not gone through. In Death of WCW Alvarez talks about how Turner was content to pay for WCW even when it was failing, he wanted to keep paying for it but Time Warner shut it down. They wanted nothing more to do with wrestling.

Well... without the Hardy's I have little to no interest in this. With Lucha Underground's second half of the third season getting much better, and NJPW on Axis, I think I have good alternatives to Impact.

Sides, Impact/GFW is on Disco Inferno's shit list. :)

Majukun

used to watch tna until everything started going to shit and all the talent jumped ship

I remember when people on the internet were convinced that the right move for them was to leave the "impact zone" and start traveling like WWE, to new ,live arenas...with the only result that they wasted a shitton of money moving everything from town to town meanwhile the rates stayed the same.

They tried to be wwe lite instead of their own thing.

Dude was legit awesome for awhile but creative decisions and garbage wrestling killed him.

Like, think of all the bullshit Kane's been involved with, and yet he's stayed marginally over.

Jeff Jarrett is the TNA / Impact Wrestling in physical form.

Is utterly unremarkable and at times bad and has been a overall net negative for the industry but somehow, someway always makes a deal to survive and keep their face around.

I hope he didnt get paid much for GFW. It was nothing but a name.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
It's amazing to me it lasted as long as it did considering what a complete fucking moron Dixie Carter is.

KillLaCam

Banned
What's up with Abyss though? Why's he just a guy now

I wish Jeff stayed away from crappy Dixie Carter. She doomed it. I remember TNA was the place I went to when WWE went PG. It was Soooo much better than anything WWE was doing.

Now I have no wrestling to watch :(
Hopefully Jeff can bring everything back up

bjork

My favorite TNA thing was the odd friendship between Shark Boy and New Jack.

New Jack sitting in a kiddie pool with Shark Boy was classic wrasslin' TV.

Also Chet Lemon and Black Snow, best commentary team ever.

Bakercat

I wrestled with a few guys that went on to work with Jarrett and Global Force. From what I remembered they weren't even a promotion at the time, Jarrett would just go to Indy shows and slap the GFW logo beside the Indy company's name and have people who Jarrett contracted with GFW show up and work that show with Indy workers. I guess he just did the same with TNA and said he owns it now, (again...).

meppi

That's what blew my mind.

haven't watched TNA in about 5 years as it went to complete shit starting for me when people like Jay Lethal were pushed out.
Never understood why they destroyed Abyss like that, so my mind boggles that it's still going. :-/

Absolutely loved TNA from 2008 or so till 2011, maybe 2012.

Top Bottom