• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TNA wrestling is dead, it is now Global Force Wrestling

They already rebranded as Impact Wrassling not too long back, they can call themselves whatever they like, it won't make much of a difference. At least Dixie isn't involved anymore though I wonder how much longer until Jarrett brings Russo back.

Jarrett killed his own creation with his own creation.

Corgan is a mark, he's always going to be involved in wrestling. He just bought the National Wrestling Alliance.

Yeah... The NWA in 2017... Hell, NWA in 2007, 1997, you have to go back 30 years to 1987 and still the NWA was already falling out of relevancy then. Better yet, WWE apparently has had full rights to use NWA trademarks since 1998.

RavenWhatAMark.gif

So they are still alive then. Shit on them all you want but they had some GOAT matches.

They also had a tag team called the Johnsons in full body flesh color suits, a little person jacking it in a trash can and a gun in a match.

lol

Aiii

So not worth it
tnaratings.gif

GDGF

Soothsayer
HAHA I added Jeff Jarrett on Linkedin a few weeks ago because I heard rumors that something like this might be going down. Thought it was just rumors though.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Well CZW outlived TNA. So how about that...

JEEEEEZUS.

Poor TNA. I saw them in Bournemouth the week after Hogan came in so they still had six sides, none of Hogan's buddies were there. It was literally peak TNA and I'm so happy I saw it live.

RIP in peace.

Kaladin

JEEEEEZUS.

Poor TNA. I saw them in Bournemouth the week after Hogan came in so they still had six sides, none of Hogan's buddies were there. It was literally peak TNA and I'm so happy I saw it live.

RIP in peace.

Right before Hogan came in was the best because we got the Daniels vs Joe vs Styles rematch and Nigel McGuinness vs Kurt Angle.

They were kind of booking on the fly to please the fans because they knew Hogan would come in and change everything.

Demoskinos

To be fair, TNA was legitimately dope to watch in the summer of 2012. Then Aces and 8s had to fuck up everything.

Yeah, for real there was a point where I was tuning into TNA over WWE on a weekly basis. They had a lot of momentum and a lot of stars on the roster. And the entire thing collapsed because Dixie Carter is an insufferable idiot who does not know how to run a wrestling promotion.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm baffled how Jeff Jarrett has had such a long run in the business.

Sheroking

TNA lasted longer than WCW. Think about that

Well.... if you mean the name "TNA" lasted longer than the name "WCW".

WCW was Jim Crockett Promotions, it just needed a name change when Crockett sold to Turner. It was clearly the same promotion before and after otherwise.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Right before Hogan came in was the best because we got the Daniels vs Joe vs Styles rematch and Nigel McGuinness vs Kurt Angle.

They were kind of booking on the fly to please the fans because they knew Hogan would come in and change everything.

Yup. The card that night had McGuinness vs. Styles for the title, Joe vs. Daniels, Angle + Pope vs. Dudleys vs. British Invasion vs. Morgan + Hernandez, Beer Money vs Motor City Machine Guns and loads more I've forgotten. Sabin, Amazing Red, Suicide were part of some mad X division ladder thing. They had signs up saying that Lashley had cancelled and they announced it over the PA to a massive pop.

Such a great night.

RIP TNA. You were good for a little while in the mid-to-late 2000s. That is until Hogan and Bischoff came in and brought it down.

Aj, Joe, and Daniels triple threat first time around was one of the greatest matches ever.

I don't see why people are acting like TNA is dead now. It's still the same shitty company, just under a new brand and with a different dumb owner.

Looks like this book needs a sequel

The writers have said before that a "Death of TNA" book would just be the exact same book as Death of WCW word-for-word.

Besides, why waste your time with something like that when they can start preparing for the Death of WWE book in #FiveYears...

Top Bottom