• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Todd Howard on the Indiana Jones game - "We’ll talk next year."

RagnarokIV

I just cant see an fps indiana jones game being that good, he literally uses a whip and one punches every cunt
rise of the footsoldier essex GIF

VN1X

Banned
You just got a brilliant Quake 2 remaster with a whole new set of missions.
Yes rinsed it. It was great. But supposedly MachineGames are working on a new Quake title as well, at least that's been the rumors for the past few years. I like Quake Champions but a new proper multiplayer (with singleplayer portion) mainline Quake title from MG would be fantastic.

Last edited:

tmlDan

Trying to revive a dead franchise is gonna be a task, that's for sure.

Especially when you have Uncharted as a comparison to compete with.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Meh, I am so unenthused for an Indiana jones game. Doesn’t help that the last few movies are a complete tragedy compared to the classic ones.

Chukhopops

What if it runs on the newly updated Bryo engine lol
Another Bethesda reskin sold like the last coke in the desert.

Can't wait.
The game is still developed by MachineGames, they don’t use the same engine as Bethesda did for Starfield. Wolfenstein TNO/TNC was made on idTech 5, the same engine as Doom Eternal.

It might be good or bad but it will most likely run really well.

Todd is just Executive Producer iirc.

kuncol02

Banned
I just cant see an fps indiana jones game being that good, he literally uses a whip and one punches every cunt
I can. It could be something like Call of the Sea mixed with Chronicles of Riddick (and just by accident MachineGames is created by people responsible for Riddick)

kuncol02

Banned
The game is still developed by MachineGames, they don’t use the same engine as Bethesda did for Starfield. Wolfenstein TNO/TNC was made on idTech 5, the same engine as Doom Eternal.

It might be good or bad but it will most likely run really well.

Todd is just Executive Producer iirc.
IdTech 5 used in Wolfenstein games is Rage engine. Doom Eternal is made on idTech 7.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
City of Brass has fun first person whip mechanics. Not that it’ll be first person, but it’s not like it can’t be done.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Sucks for machinegames that the movie was a bust

There's some precedence of disinterest in movie franchises not necessarily correlating with videogame adaptation success.

• Fantastic Beasts franchise dead in the water but Hogwarts Legacy being the surprise blockbuster hit of the year
  • Alien Isolation being a surprise hit despite Alien: Covenant being a bit of a flop
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and Survivor being big hits despite interest in Star Wars films being at an all-time low

I think that if the game is great, it'll sell well. But we'll see I guess!

Stuart360

Sucks for machinegames that the movie was a bust
I kept saying on here how baffling it was to me that Bethesda didnt show a trailer for the game at that games show that was right around the time of the new film releasing. after seeing the film it makes total sense lol.

As for the FPS thing, none of us know for sure obviously but i would bet money on a Uncharted style game.

Also not that he would probably do it but do you think they will try and get Ford to do the voice for the game?. he can barely talk these days so i'm not sure i would want that anyway.

Last edited:

nowhat

what are you even talking about?
The ever-running joke about how Xbox fans should wait for the next E3. It has been going on for years (this year was pretty good though, granted). But usually it starts like in February or January, maybe December is there's a fancy teaser at the Dorito Pope Awards, so you're just too early.

Top Bottom