• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider - E3 2011 CG Trailer

The Lamp

As cool as that was, they really need to stop with CG trailers for promoting games we haven't really seen in action yet.

But boy do I love the new direction with this series.

On second thought, though, at least this trailer has a storyline purpose. Too many CG trailers nowadays try to show off unrealistic gameplay situations.

Kunan

Hot damn I'm excited for this game. The idea of being on the run on this island from its less than welcoming inhabitants, while on a quest for personal redemption, sounds great and is a far cry from the previous games.

The Lamp

...But does she even raid tombs or temples anymore? Or is this basically "survive the island"?

I'd imagine some sort of weird Drake's Fortune twist...a curse or something maybe...

Grisby

Looked amazing. Can't wait, etc.

I just loved the part at the end where she was slowly walking away. Her new VA sounds really good too.

Dang, I was hoping the rumours they'd dropped Keeley as Lara's voice were false. :(

Love the premise though, need to see the thing in action. Fall 2012's a looooong wait.

The Lamp

IdreamofHIME said:
Dang, I was hoping the rumours they'd dropped Keeley as Lara's voice were false. :(

Love the premise though, need to see the thing in action. Fall 2012's a looooong wait.

Well it's neat that this is the first Tomb Raider game in years to actually be in development long enough to potentially be...well....really good.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
If this is what they aim for in mood and setting consider me happy. I've loved most Tomb Raider games during the years. I even tolerated Underworld. But this brings the franchise back to relevance to say the least. If they make a game to match the trailer it'll be my GOTY.

Mr Jared

Fall 2012? Why even both hyping it already :( I know it looks amazing, you don't got to cock tease it for a year and a half.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nice trailer. That'll be it for me until it's released. What I've read of it so far has me greatly interested.

Duffyside

Banned
Very good trailer, not a big fan of the voice over though. Not saying (yet) that the actress is no good, but her tone and delivery didn't work for me during the trailer.

The beginning part – Lara from the back – looked so good I had to pause to make sure it wasn't FMV or something. Her hair is perhaps the only thing that gave it away.

I'm guessing this is from the same studio that has been doing the Old Republic, Batman, Firewall etc trailers?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Wait. Fall 2012? Yep, just checked, it does say that at the very end of the trailer.

Shurs said:
2012?

I thought it was coming out this year.
Yeah, I too was almost convinced of that, for some reason.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Way too far away to be teasing all of this. I wish they would have shown at least a little actual gameplay footage.

Didn't like the trailer a least bit. Closed it 3/4th the way through. Really, can you get more generic than this? Please. Try harder. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is how you do a kick ass trailer.

My heart sank when I saw "Fall 2012" popup. At least we know that Square is giving them all the time that they need to make it right.

Cerberus

Awesome trailer. Should we be expecting a gameplay demo at E3? I didn't think it would be so far away from release. Fall 2012 T_T

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I usually hate CGI trailers but this one I liked very much.
Fall 2012 broke my heart tho.

Loved the trailer... I said this in the other thread, but even though I usually hate CG trailers, I loved this one. Set the tone perfectly for what they're doing with the franchise, and a huge breath of fresh air. It'll be cool to see Lara getting the crap beat out of her but still having to survive. Good stuff.

jbttwin

effingvic said:
oh shit, square enix?

looks great. is that still lara croft or is it a new character?

Rebooted Lara.

And I'd still expect something at E3. I wanna know what the hell they plan on doing for 15 months with this bitch...

1stStrike

Banned
I've never played any Tomb Raider games, but god damn. I am highly interested now. I love the real feel to it, the actual sense of pain and suffering they gave her. GAF, count me in.

Top Bottom