• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider - E3 2011 CG Trailer

Net_Wrecker said:
Yeah, I could've sworn this was on target for a Fall 2011 release.

Then they pushed it.

Now it's Fall 2012 :(

Feels bad man.

When GI first showed it they had the date listed as TBD. A recent Playstation mag had it listed as 2012. They've constantly mentioned that it's still early, so I guess it's not too shocking.

RustyNails said:
Didn't like the trailer a least bit. Closed it 3/4th the way through. Really, can you get more generic than this? Please. Try harder. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is how you do a kick ass trailer.

I laughed at that fucking terrible line "I was looking for adventure but...(dramatic pause)...adventure found me!"

and the voice over was pretty shit. But still good trailer, really excited for this. Uncharted is a fun shooter, but it's so fucking far from adventure that it's almost offensive to even call it a game in that genre. I hope this gives me my platforming/survival horror fix.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Hot damn! That trailer sure did its job. Still wanna see gameplay, of course.

SolidSnakex said:
My heart sank when I saw "Fall 2012" popup. At least we know that Square is giving them all the time that they need to make it right.
Yeah, it's actually rather comforting. Hope the longer development time pays off.

Discotheque said:
I laughed at that fucking terrible line "I was looking for adventure but...(dramatic pause)...adventure found me!"

and the voice over was pretty shit. But still good trailer, really excited for this. Uncharted is a fun shooter, but it's so fucking far from adventure that it's almost offensive to even call it a game in that genre. I hope this gives me my platforming/survival horror fix.
Seriously how do you even hire such amateurs. Even a film school dropout working at starbucks can write a better line than that. Also if they don't change the voice actor, I'm passing this thing. The game from the screens looks incredibly promising though, but the trailer was just, ugh. Yeah, pretty graphics and all that jazz. Whatever. Dude Tomb Raider Royale.

reboot, ah okay. sweet :D

timetokill said:
Don't worry, I think they're staying fairly hands-off on this one, or at least I hope so.

seems like they had quite an influence on the art style at least. im definitely keeping an eye on this. love me some adventure games.

Cerberus

Stallion Free said:
Well at least that gives us time for Guardian of Light 2.

That would definitely make the wait for this game easier. Does Crystal Dynamics have a second team to work on a sequel to Guardian of Light? I think 50+ people got laid off after they shipped Underworld so I'm not sure if they have the resources to work on two projects.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Cerberus said:
That would definitely make the wait for this game easier. Does Crystal Dynamics have a second team to work on a sequel to Guardian of Light? I think 50+ people got laid off after they shipped Underworld so I'm not sure if they have the resources to work on two projects.
I'm pretty sure GOL used a smaller team. Idk though. I really could use another.

effingvic said:
seems like they had quite an influence on the art style at least. im definitely keeping an eye on this. love me some adventure games.

Not really. Lara looks like a normal female woman you would see in college. The male in the trailer looks like a man....not at all like Square artstyle.

Danielsan

Even though it's a CG trailer I could barely contain my excitement. It looks so good. I absolutely love the direction they are taking Lara in and she looks amazing in this game.

mollipen

Not sure I've been so in love with a game trailer since the Mirror's Edge one. This + Silent Hill HD Collection is just too much for me in one day.

And her voice is great. Something wrong with her voice? Oh hell no.

Chris_C

Buckethead said:
Her arm would have been so broken from that jump...

Also terrible VO.

PLEASE RECAST.

My thoughts exactly. The female equivalent of the generic gravelly voiced man.

That said, the trailer was otherwise quite nice.

jett

D-Member
I was expecting her to look like that one infamous CG picture of her, looked a lot more cartoonish in the trailer.

IoCaster

Well that was certainly...something. I'm not sure what, but it's not any type of Tomb Raider that I'm familiar with. I'll keep an open mind about the game for now but I'm not getting a good vibe from it. :/

Qwomo

I thought her voice actress was quite good, myself.

Everything but the ending of the trailer was pretty meh, though. Her undirtied face looks rather elfen and cartoony.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Chris_C said:
My thoughts exactly. The female equivalent of the generic gravelly voiced man.

That said, the trailer was otherwise quite nice.
Pah! I love the new voice actor. Gives her a bit more gravitas than the previous cast.

But oooooooohmmmmmmmyyyggggggggoddddddddd YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So.. Fucking... EXCITED FUCK YEAH!!

OMFG Why must it be Fall 2012?? I want this so hard. I'm so excited!

Gonna keep that trailer permanently on my HDD :D :D

Qwomo said:
I thought her voice actress was quite good, myself.

Everything but the ending of the trailer was pretty meh, though. Her undirtied face looks rather elfen and cartoony.
I think that they tried very hard to humanize her cartoony face into how a real person would look like with old Lara's facial features.

dc89

Can they pull this off? Can they really save the series?
I don't want to fall for it just yet, but it looks pretty good.
It won't be a let down, will it?

dc89 said:
Can they pull this off? Can they really save the series?
I don't want to fall for it just yet, but it looks pretty good.
It won't be a let down, will it?

WTF? Crystal Dynamics saved this series in 2006 with Tomb Raider Legend, where you been?

Tomb Raider Anniversary and Legend were great games. This is their attempt at capturing a larger crowd though but I hope it retains it's platformer gameplay.

I really really don't want another Uncharted, as much as I love that series the third person shooter genre is getting a little stale for me.

AppleMIX

Net_Wrecker said:
WTF? Crystal Dynamics saved this series in 2006 with Tomb Raider Legend, where you been?

Don't forget about Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

That shit was amazing.

Discotheque said:
I really really don't want another Uncharted, as much as I love that series the third person shooter genre is getting a little stale for me.
Uncharted can have all the shooting and comedic banter, I'd like Tomb Raider to focus on the exploration, traversal, puzzles and sweet sweet treasures guarded by menacing traps.

NullPointer said:
Uncharted can have all the shooting and comedic banter, I'd like Tomb Raider to focus on the exploration, traversal, puzzles and sweet sweet treasures guarded by menacing traps.

Tomb Raider can have a little banter. At least some "talking to herself" banter from Croft. She was a little too "Gordan Freeman" in Tomb Raider Anniversary during gameplay.

derFeef

NullPointer said:
Spot on!

So far away.....

Chuck

Still without luck
That was cool trailer. I'm looking forward to this game because of the change Crystal Dynamics is putting into this franchise. Hopefully we'll see some gameplay at E3. And it looks like Laura Croft is finally, actually attractive.

Suddenly I feel like buying some Beats by Dre earphones and listening to music on my iPhone...

jbttwin said:
lol dude why are you all hostile about this? Go audition for SE then, christ.
High expectations maybe? I deserve it. I always set myself up for disasters. Next time I should have seriously low expectations for any game announcement whatsoever.

Top Bottom