• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider - E3 2011 CG Trailer

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Net_Wrecker said:
Tomb Raider can have a little banter. At least some "talking to herself" banter from Croft. She was a little too "Gordan Freeman" in Tomb Raider Anniversary during gameplay.
That was great. So atmospheric. Fucking dialogue. Completely useless.

daffy

Banned
jbttwin said:
lol dude why are you all hostile about this? Go audition for SE then, christ.
Its really starting to PISS ME OFF

lol, no but srsly, I need to stay far away from Tomb Raider threads. The rage in my heart is just too fierce

Crewnh said:
Talking to oneself is a Prince of Persia thing.
Stallion Free said:
That was great. So atmospheric. Fucking dialogue. Completely useless.

Well at least give me some Max Payne inner monologues or something. No sane person would come within an inch of breaking their neck every 5 minutes without even a comment to themselves.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Net_Wrecker said:
Well at least give me some Max Payne inner monologues or something. No sane person would come within an inch of breaking their neck every 5 minutes without even a comment to themselves.
She is alone so she thinks that stuff in her head?

TripOpt55

Awesome trailer. I loved the voice actress. I wasn't sure if it would be out this Fall, but I wasn't expecting Fall 2012. Such a long wait! Oh well, this will give them time to totally nail this concept. It sounds so cool.

Net_Wrecker said:
I could deal with some talking to herself action. It'd impart even more loneliness to the mood.

golem

Crewnh said:
This whole game sort of reminds me of Island of the Blue Dolphins. Anyone read that as a kid?
Looks kind of a LOST vibe.. different era ships/planes all crashed on the same island

NullPointer said:
I could deal with some talking to herself action. It'd impart even more loneliness to the mood.

Exactly. Even if it's something as small as journal entries bookending sections of the game with some "Day 1.../Day 2.../Day 3..." type of commentary.

EDIT: That would also lead to the moment late in the game where you get the inevitable "Day 43......." and she writes/says nothing then throws the journal away.

OMG the adventure broke Lara!

jbttwin

RustyNails said:
High expectations maybe? I deserve it. I always set myself up for disasters. Next time I should have seriously low expectations for any game announcement whatsoever.
Well...stay pressed

_woLf

Why must they tease us and then put the delayed date at the end :(

Day freaking one, no matter when it comes.

zlatko

Banned
SquareEnix CG team still has it, but I want to see the real game. I could make an epic CG trailer for Superman N64, but that game is still a turd when you get your hands on it.

Cautiously optimistic since none of the other Tomb Raiders have been my thing on the ones I played when I was younger.

jbttwin

kuroshiki said:
WTF, you guys worry about gameplay?

It's done by no other than Crystal Dynamics. They know what they are doing.

What now? I particularly haven't been a fan of their TR's so far. I wouldn't go as far as saying they suck, but they don't have my trust yet.

jbttwin said:
What now? I particularly haven't been a fan of their TR's so far. I wouldn't go as far as saying they suck, but they don't have my trust yet.

Legend, Anniversary, and Guardian of Light did nothing for you? If Underworld didn't have so many animation glitches, and a horrible camera it would've been up there as well. This game is in good hands.

Elixist

Cool trailer. Dat Lara for real shes lookin hot. Anybody else think of Aquaria VO while watching that? Overacted for sure, but oh well pretty excite for this now.

kuroshiki

jbttwin said:

They sure did helluva better job than any of CORE design's games. and their anniversary and guardian of light was GOTY worthy, at least to me.

jbttwin

Net_Wrecker said:
Legend, Anniversary, and Guardian of Light did nothing for you? If Underworld didn't have so many animation glitches, and a horrible camera it would've been up there as well. This game is in good hands.

Actually, GoL was brilliant. One of my favorite Lara Croft games ever, but I don't consider it a TR game in the slightest. Legend was fun and was the most polished out of the trilogy but didn't work as a TR game for me, Anniversary was actually decent but still meh for me, and Underworld was just shit in almost every aspect.

I have high hopes for this game. Really, really, really high hopes.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
jbttwin said:
Actually, GoL was brilliant. One of my favorite Lara Croft games ever, but I don't consider it a TR game in the slightest. Legend was fun and was the most polished out of the trilogy but didn't work as a TR game for me, Anniversary was actually decent but still meh for me, and Underworld was just shit in almost every aspect.

I have high hopes for this game. Really, really, really high hopes.
GOL is distinctly Tomb Raider.

eso76

i thought it had been moved to winter 2012 (meaning jan/feb) but FALL ?

Sorry, too early to let myself get hyped.

Cerberus

Guardian of Light is sooo good. I trust CD to deliver another brilliant game here. A far away release date only gives them more time to polish the shit out of this game. :)

Ellis Kim

Banned
Stallion Free said:
GOL is distinctly Tomb Raider.
I like to think of GoL being this really awesome version of Tomb Raider where platforming is determined more by the player than by the level design (even if the reverse is the truth). Plus, you never have to worry about fudging around with the camera.

Regardless, GoL is freaking awesome :)

2vl5wl3.jpg

But seriously, happeh tears

Nekrono

Just watched this, I really liked that trailer, got me really interested in the game now. The only think I didn't like much was Lara's voice/accent, but that will probably go away once I play the game.

This trailer plus all the other info that we already know is giving me a good feeling about this game, so far it's shaping up to be a great game!.

Yoshiya

That's a pretty incredible trailer. Like the new VA, as well. Hyyyped for 2012, end of the world will be worth it.

My goodness that CG was gorgeous! I already love this new Lara more!

The trailer did its job, now bring on E3 and let the potential be realized!

Top Bottom