• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomorrowland Music Festival 2016 |OT| Yes Disney Is Hosting A Music Festival Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
oPcdG2s.jpg

What Is Tomorrowland?

Tomorrowland is one of the biggest electronic music festivals held in the world, taking place in Boom, Belgium. It's been organized since 2005 and has since become one of the most notable global music festivals. Basically, prepare for a mindblowingly awesome experience with awesome music.

Where Can I Watch It?

There are three ways for you to watch the festival. The first two are via the Official Tomorrowland App. Android App and the Itunes App.

My mistake folks! Apparently the Official Tomorrowland App will only show you the schedule and whatnot. For streaming here are the two links:

Android and Itunes.

The last way to watch it would be from their Official website here. So far there are no Youtube or Twitch streams. But I'm sure multiple people will be streaming it on Twitch.

What Time Will It Start?

19h CET - 1PM EST - 10H PDT - 14H BRT

For other 'Muricans, it will start at 10AM for you West Coast folks and 12PM for the Midwest folks.

Official Lineup

WRCTJPa.jpg

Cn4GpgQWYAE-9qp.jpg

I will also link the Set Schedules on their site for anyone curious to see who are playing at what time(s).

Official 2016 Trailers

Tomorrowland 2016 | Introduction Trailer The Elixir of Life

Tomorrowland Belgium 2016 | Livestream Trailer

Additional Information and Media

Official Tomorrowland Website

Tomorrowland 2015 | Official Aftermovie

There is also the Official Documentary, This Was Tomorrow, that is available on Netflix. Below is the trailer:

Tomorrowland Presents | THIS WAS TOMORROW Official Movie Trailer

-

As usual, if you are attending please be responsible and don't drink too much and don't get too drugged up. Stay hydrated!!

Other than that..... Enjoy ^_^ and keep on raving GAF!

Oh, nice thread title. :D subbed

Lol, why thank you.

I'm soooooo out of place up here in Wisconsin. It's all white folks who listen to country and I'm here sitting with my Hardstyle shirt :p

This should, keyword should, be a good Tomorrowland. Finna be paying attention to the Tranceaddict and Q-Dance stages. I couldn't care less about Mainstage besides Chainsmokers.

You?

neemmss

Saw a spoiler of mainstage and all I can say is wow. Like every year, they have once again outdone themselves and I just can't wait for this to start. Wish I could be there.

Aomber

Lol, why thank you.

I'm soooooo out of place up here in Wisconsin. It's all white folks who listen to country and I'm here sitting with my Hardstyle shirt :p

This should, keyword should, be a good Tomorrowland. Finna be paying attention to the Tranceaddict and Q-Dance stages. I couldn't care less about Mainstage besides Chainsmokers.

You?
Honestly I was gonna say the same thing. Couple good artists here and there but nothing crazy overall, some good techno artists like Maceo Plex and Martinez Brothers, Tranceaddict should be great, etc. Mainstage I'll tune in for every now and then for the hype factor - A^I and Steve Angello could be good times

Really wish Joel and Prydz would stream their set.

Yeah, really wish they stream mau5 and Prydz set. Forgotten all about SHM sets (Axwell ^ Ingrosso and Steve Angello sets). Those sets will be good.

<3 TranceAddict Stage

Main aint that bad either.

Ferry corsten pres gouryella - AW YISS
Sander VAn Doorn - aww yisss

no markus schulz ? no new world punx appearance? :(

Man, reading all the names just makes me realize how many great artists are out there, that i enjoy music from.

Aomber

Putting this on the first page for any newcomers to see - if you guys ever wanna talk about EDM outside of just Tomorrowland we welcome you with open arms to come join us in the EDM OT, we rly like to talk about music and stuff

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Aomber

Works for me. Watching Orjan Nielsen.

Sucks that I have to go out finally, so I'm gonna miss almost everything good.

Yeah just started working for me. Oh man I remember seeing Orjan at Tomorrowland at this very stage, it was so good AHH I NEED TO GO BACK

Aomber

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THE MAINSTAGE LOOKS INSANE LOL too bad shit tier DVBBS are playing there at the moment but I'm hyped to see it later :D!

This festival DOES things to me

neemmss

I can't figure out how to change the channel. Anyone got any ideas?

Love how mainstage turned out and I can't wait to see it in action at night. :D

neemmss

Hardwell playing? He is my favorite EDM DJ.

Not sure if serious.

Hardwell is not going this year, but his label Revealed Recordings will have a stage there. Either he chose not to go or TL decided not to invite him because of his beef with DV&LM.

Anyone figure out the changing of streams?

Edit: The "Not sure if serious." comment was because I love Hardwell too, but a lot of people are sarcastic when talking about Hardwell.

RPGCrazied

Not sure if serious.

Hardwell is not going this year, but his label Revealed Recordings will have a stage there. Either he chose not to go or TL decided not to invite him because of his beef with DV&LM.

Anyone figure out the changing of streams?

Edit: The "Not sure if serious." comment was because I love Hardwell too, but a lot of people are sarcastic when talking about Hardwell.

Yes, I'm serious. I religiously follow him. He is what really got me started into listening to EDM.

7threst

As an editor for a Dutch dance magazine I'm really fed up with tomorrowland. Good for people who are into it and its music, but lets not pretend Tomorrowland does something other festivals do not. Because it doesn't.

neemmss

Yes, I'm serious. I religiously follow him. He is what really got me started into listening to EDM.

Woooo! We are going to be good friends then. :D

As an editor for a Dutch dance magazine I'm really fed up with tomorrowland. Good for people who are into it and its music, but lets not pretend Tomorrowland does something other festivals do not. Because it doesn't.

How so? The curated experience for the visitors, the production, and the presentation is on a different level than most festivals in the world.

Also, why are you fed up with it?

Aomber

Genuinely curious, what other festivals? Because I gotta say I've been following music for some time and I don't know a festival that does presentation like them, including Alfa Future People, Defqon.1, EDC LV, etc.

spootime

Too bad tomorrowworld in the US is dead. I had a good time when I went. I'll have to try tomorrowland when I get a full time job.

Aomber

Too bad tomorrowworld in the US is dead. I had a good time when I went. I'll have to try tomorrowland when I get a full time job.

Might still return - how likely that is I'm not sure with the state of SFX but we'll see! Gotta say though they're two different experiences since Tomorrowland actually takes place right in the middle of a small town basically. That kinda surprised me after going to TomorrowWorld which was out in the middle of a field, Tomorrowland is obviously a bit more special though

Merino

Genuinely curious, what other festivals? Because I gotta say I've been following music for some time and I don't know a festival that does presentation like them, including Alfa Future People, Defqon.1, EDC LV, etc.
Quite honestly I don't see what presentation wise they do so much better than what ID&T and Q-dance have been building towards over the past 20 years.

Tomorrowland itself started out as little more than a smaller incarnation of MysteryLand which still has similar production quality though on a smaller scale (festival couldn't grow bigger in attendance at it's location).

Aomber

Quite honestly I don't see what presentation wise they do so much better than what ID&T and Q-dance have been building towards over the past 20 years.

Tomorrowland itself started out as little more than a smaller incarnation of MysteryLand which still has similar production quality though on a smaller scale (festival couldn't grow bigger in attendance at it's location).

You know Tomorrowland is run by ID&T right? I'm not sure I'm getting your point, it's their biggest and grandest festival, for sure Mysteryland and such have great production quality but there isn't anything on the same scale as what they do at TL

Yea. I know I won't get a chance to go across the world for Tomorrowland but at least TomorrowWorld was the closest. It might come back due to things Aomber said.

Almost home. Cannot wait to just sit or lay down and watch and listsn to some music. Gonna need some beer tho.....

Aomber

Just tuned in and ARMIN DROPPING SOME FUCKING STRAIGHT TRANCE ON THE MAINSTAGE RIGHT NOW LMAO YES

inb4 it switches back to bigroom

Mendrox

Was there two years ago to the 10 anniversary :) It was awesome and changed me. Sadly I don't get any tickets anymore these past years ;__; totally worth it

Aomber

Having problems trying to switch stages atm with aly & fila coming up =/

EDIT: For anyone else having the same problem as me on the official stream it's working here

spootime

What da fuk?

Since when does Tiesto do dubstep?

I'm getting old.

I dont know much about EDM besides being a casual listener but it seems like most big artists make "festival versions" of their songs that all sound generic. I was super disappointed by a lot of artists when I went to tomorrowworld.

I dont know much about EDM besides being a casual listener but it seems like most big artists make "festival versions" of their songs that all sound generic. I was super disappointed by a lot of artists when I went to tomorrowworld.

Uhu, I guess you're right.

I shouldn't really be expecting too much from tiësto, because I've never liked his music. But listening to the live feed is still weird. He's using all the bass drops, boops and beeps and build ups that are so... uh. I associate all that shit with Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike...which are the symbols of tomorrowland. So it makes sense. And the main stage has to be the stage that caters to everyone, draws the biggest crowd.

When I went to TML, the main stage was my least favorite stage of them all. It was more of a "gathering place" that shows a concert where people just throw their hands up. The other stages were more one specific music genre, so they drew a specific crowd and they ended up more like dance raves. More my thing. On the last night you have to be at the main stage though, when they blow a fortune on fireworks there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom