• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ULTRA 2016 Electronic Music Festival |OT| Darude Sandstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

1-4 years probably since the "blow up" happen like what a few years ago?

It's pretty funny to think that 10 years ago, Pendulum was pretty much the darling of the DnB/Electronic Rock genre, while in the present, Knife Party holds much of that exact same distinction for the EDM genre.

Both of the groups ironically getting some heat from the initial "underground" appeal being lost upon fans in subsequent albums while expanding their scope/fanbase massively, and both projects being helmed by Rob Swire.

Fucking hell, Rob is only 33 years old I just realized and he's already spent over a decade putting out stuff that has reshaped the entire electronic music landscape.

I get that, it's a MIDI guitar controller, but it's still a completely different skill. You're playing something you've practiced, guitar hero is responding to a visual on a screen (unless you've practiced the song but lol nobody does that), that was my point

I know, twas merely a joke! :)

cdyhybrid

I wonder if they legit shook some people hearing it pronounced "dead mouse"

j0jLdOg.png

Aomber

This set is so fucking epic

Oh and for those wondering there WILL be a new album from Pendulum at some point because they're on contract to do so

Fucking fuck. I'm in Silver Star Ski resort and fucking Sirius was playing Armin's set instead of Pendulum when I was in the car at 6:40 driving for a half hour. I missed the whole set. Also why is the Ultra radio not playing it???

oxidax

All these sets, Will they be in the EDM thread soon? I need Eric Prydz's whole set, Armins, knife party and pendulum's...oh man I need them!

Sai-kun

Banned
that was baller as fuck from start to finish. i love posting in here about it with all of you too. that makes it even better! cheers, y'all, and thanks again to weternheretic for starting the thread up this year :D

All these sets, Will they be in the EDM thread soon? I need Eric Prydz's whole set, Armins, knife party and pendulum's...oh man I need them!

Yea when they start popping up. Armin's mainstage set is already up in the OP but for the day 3 stuff I don't think they will be up for another few hours.

Anth0ny

It's over :(

I'm going next year. I SWEAR.

The good thing about Ultra ending is there's usually enough sets to listen to from the show to last me a year. It'll be Ultra 2017 before you know it!

Bloomers

A wild ride as always. Been following this festival since Ultra '14, hoping that Ultra '17 is the one where I can finally hear and see it all live. Thanks for this awesome thread!

Will be on the lookout for a bunch of this weekend's sets over the next few days

23qwerty

I was when we got wine and groceries and was in the car at 6:40 to drive up to the ski resort.

I did get to hear some of Eric Pryde. And I do like Armin but I'd way rather be hearing Pendulum.

Well I've always considered Silver Star to be a part of Vernon, as would most probably
Weird coincidence though :eek:

It's over :(

I'm going next year. I SWEAR.

The good thing about Ultra ending is there's usually enough sets to listen to from the show to last me a year. It'll be Ultra 2017 before you know it!

I haven't even finished listening to the Holy Ship stuff yet and now we got Ultra. Not to mention Tomorrowland Brazil is next month so more stuff. Then of course the season kick into full gear during the summer.

Majine

Banned
Top 5

1. Nero
2. Knife Party / Pendulum
3. Tycho
4. Deadmau5 performance no. 286... Just kidding, the live stage one day 2
5. Kygo

Broseybrose

Pendulum have had a history of shakey drummers.

I play drums and to play an entire set at 175bpm and nail all of the drops in a song would be incredibly difficult.

Im also a drummer and I agree. Not that it couldnt be done, though. Id certainly be nervous being the closing act of this insane weekend! Yeah plus the sheer amount of people, shit.

Im also a drummer and I agree. Not that it couldnt be done, though. Id certainly be nervous being the closing act of this insane weekend! Yeah plus the sheer amount of people, shit.

The hardest part of being a drummer is that if you screw up even a little bit, everyone notices.

Guitarists can hide their mistakes :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom