• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2016 |OT| Lead-out: EUROs / Autobus: Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
confirmed crashed: porte, froome, nibali, porte, navarro, maollma, doumolin...

froome looks like a hot mess, really torn up.

Aslong as he hasn't hurt his collarbone he should be ok.

It looked pretty slow fall. He looked quite ahead of the pack, not sure whether he had a little dig.

Lender

If no one attacks Froome now I'm done watching the Tour this year. (even though it's nearly finished) He fell on his own, no need to give the guy a break now.

If no one attacks Froome now I'm done watching the Tour this year. (even though it's nearly finished) He fell on his own, no need to give the guy a break now.

That is the pathetic thing.

Astana slowed down to let him get back.

it was his own fault for trying to attack.

bunch of guys afraid of losing their podium spot (not necessarily today, but overall). i think Aru will definitely go for it, but we'll see. if contador could learn to stay on his bike in the TdF he'd be blowing it up, but then again he's won 9 gc's so he's really got nothing to lose.

With Mollema going backwards the podium guys will be pretty content with this i reckon. Think it will be status quo ... maybe not! porte! and now quintana!

Aru is so frustrating.

I wish he would just bury his head and attack.

Astana were too nice to Froome slowing down.

I imagine a lot of people will not be happy with Bardet.

Aru is so frustrating.

I wish he would just bury his head and attack.

Astana were too nice to Froome slowing down.

I imagine a lot of people will not be happy with Bardet.

Seeing a replay of the crash, it looks like Froome tagged onto the end of the main peloton. i don't think there was a gap to exploit, other than trying to put on the pressure which everyone did at the start of the climb.

Seeing a replay of the crash, it looks like Froome tagged onto the end of the main peloton. i don't think there was a gap to exploit, other than trying to put on the pressure which everyone did at the start of the climb.

I think Froome was first. Basically the whole of Astana and Sky went past Froome and Nibali on the floor.

Within that time Bardet attacked.

After Dumoulin (Vuelta) and Kruijswijk (Giro) we now have Mollema as the latest Dutchman throwing away a podium place in a grand tour.

Havik

After Dumoulin (Vuelta) and Kruijswijk (Giro) we now have Mollema as the latest Dutchman throwing away a podium place in a grand tour.

Shows how important it is to have a good team around you. Froom has a personal chaperone constantly riding infront of him that is also one of the best riders of the tour (Poels)

I thought Bardet attacked earlier on the descent. May be wrong on that though.

I think there was an AG2r teammate at the front followed by Astana with a minute behind Costa

Then they cut away and thn cut back to show Froome and Nibali on the floor, with their teammates following past them.

Next think Costa has a minute lead on the two Ag2r riders with the peloton a further 45 seconds back.

Ruruja

Sad to see Yates finally crack and fall off the podium.

Can't see him getting it back tomorrow unless Quintana crumbles.

I really hope Aru can do something today.

Quite frankly it is embarrassing that Bardet, Porte, and Yates
and I do love Yates
are ahead of him.

He really needs to do all he can to gain 2 minutes.

I still have confidence in him.

And so did Froome

I am so glad Froome crashed.

I have had to listen to so much how much Froome has improved. Yet when he pushed it by himself he fucked up.

Not even Nibali could escape Froome being a twat.

Going to be tough today, weather is probably going to worse than yesterday and no mountain top finish. If it's really wet I can't imagine too many will go all out on the descents.

It'll probably be dueling Astana, Movistar and BMC trains trying to soften up those like Yates and Bardet who don't have strong mountain teams trying to get the last podium positions. Or Sky will just set tempo all day and bore everyone to death.

I think the guy is a prick.

He isn't though. He is an affable chap.

You don't like him because he/Sky are successful.

Heh, i don't actively dislike riders. Just in awe of what they do and enjoy the battle. Yeah sure i want certain riders to win over others, but i don't go out of my way to actively hate on other riders/sportsmen.

As for today, i hope something happens before the last 3k.

Joni

Honestly, if this causes him to be less performant today, I'd be glad too. Could be interesting if there were cracks in his armor today and we get open war with him losing 2-3 minutes. He would still win, but it would be more exciting.

I'm thinking a lot of good would be done by some other team head hunting Wout Poels. He's potentially better than Froome, so Sky is pretty much making the sport worse by taking out one of the biggest dangers to Froome and making him perform as a domestique.

I'm thinking a lot of good would be done by some other team head hunting Wout Poels. He's potentially better than Froome, so Sky is pretty much making the sport worse by taking out one of the biggest dangers to Froome and making him perform as a domestique.

Landa and Thomas could be GC men for any other team also. Stupidly strong team.

I think the encouraging thing is across the sport there seems to be a lot of up and coming GC men. Bright future.

He isn't though. He is an affable chap.

You don't like him because he/Sky are successful.

Heh, i don't actively dislike riders. Just in awe of what they do and enjoy the battle. Yeah sure i want certain riders to win over others, but i don't go out of my way to actively hate on other riders/sportsmen.

As for today, i hope something happens before the last 3k.

He tried to fuck over Wiggins. Always has a holier than thou attitude. If the rest of the peloton don't do what he and Sky say they get pissy.

Whoa, Sagan is hauling ass in front of Kreuziger for a long shot of winning the GC (or more realistically getting to the podium). That would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom