• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2015 |OT| It starts with a BOOM*

Status
Not open for further replies.

waypoetic

Banned
And there it is...

Kwiato is leaving Etixx. Whether or not he goes to Sky next year will be known this august. I think Sky is a bad fit for him, i imagine he'd be a better fit for BMC or Giant Alpecin - at Sky he'd be a backup/reserve for those other strong riders (Geraint Thomas, Richie Porte, Ian Stannard) and i doubt that he'd be granted as a GC rider, which is what he wishes to be.

I'm suprised on Lefevere's reasoning, seeing as Kwiato have shown to be a very powerful rider and could very well be a better climber than he is at the moment. Oh well! Let the speculation begin on who's gonna replace him :))

Joni

Don't forget teams have to reduce their headcount due to new regulations, they can only have a max of 22 riders. So he might not want to invest anymore in a rider that doesn't have the same strategy.

And there it is...

Kwiato is leaving Etixx. Whether or not he goes to Sky next year will be known this august. I think Sky is a bad fit for him, i imagine he'd be a better fit for BMC or Giant Alpecin - at Sky he'd be a backup/reserve for those other strong riders (Geraint Thomas, Richie Porte, Ian Stannard) and i doubt that he'd be granted as a GC rider, which is what he wishes to be.

I'm suprised on Lefevere's reasoning, seeing as Kwiato have shown to be a very powerful rider and could very well be a better climber than he is at the moment. Oh well! Let the speculation begin on who's gonna replace him :))

Porte is leaving Sky as well. Very likely to BMC.

LayLa

Makja supposedly ignored team orders to wait for Contador yesterday, can't imagine Oleg is too impressed with that

Kabouter

Makja supposedly ignored team orders to wait for Contador yesterday, can't imagine Oleg is too impressed with that

Oleg should be happy Majka at least delivers results in the TdF :p

Good choice, they need someone new to fail to win the Tour.

Yeah, Porte always has at least one weak day, so I don't see how he could be a contender for the yellow unless that changes.

Joni

Mark Cavendish said:
Uphill start... Also looks like today's @letour profile has chicken pox... I'm sick of red spots. So so sick of them.
The guy can be really funny.

Radio didn't work according to Steven De Jongh.

Linius

Things are happening at last. Barguil, Gesink and Frank going. Contador trying to catch up.

EDIT

Welp, there goes Fuglsang, flat on the asphalt

bjaelke

Things are happening at last. Barguil, Gesink and Frank going. Contador trying to catch up.

EDIT

Welp, there goes Fuglsang, flat on the asphalt
Made it back just in time. Rodriguez dropped.

Result at col du Glandon (km 147)

1. Romain Bardet, 25 pts

2. Winner Anacona, 20 pts

At 0.10

3. Bob Jungels, 16 pts

4. Jakob Fuglsang, 14 pts

Linius

It's going fast down the mountain now. Hopefully Gesink's legs are good enough to take those last seconds he needs on Thomas.

Linius

Depends. He's gonna have to climb on his own. If Froomey and the boys feel like hitting the gas it's gonna be tight.

Was Fulgsang taken out by a motorbike?

One shot out of frame to the left racing past the group just as Fulgsang pulled off the front of the group out of frame as well. Then all of a sudden he was on the road. May not have been contact, he might have just been baulked by it.

Pacbois

Depends. He's gonna have to climb on his own. If Froomey and the boys feel like hitting the gas it's gonna be tight.

They'll have to watch each other a lot. They'll get back some time but I don't think they'll get that much.

One shot out of frame to the left racing past the group just as Fulgsang pulled off the front of the group out of frame as well. Then all of a sudden he was on the road. May not have been contact, he might have just been baulked by it.

He was watching behind him when the bike passed him.

Linius

Dutch commentators said he hit the motor indeed. A photographer on the back of a motor to be precise.

EDIT

Well there's Mollema again. Quite the effort.

EDIT 2

mF1b.png

So pwetty

Linius

Such a shame that there's no camera close to Gesink and Frank :/

EDIT

Oh wait, they're still in the yellow jersey group. Thought they got some headway.

Bardet should be good now. 38 seconds when coming on top.

waypoetic

Banned
Renshaw is out of the Tour as well. Etixx Quick-Step is now down to 6 riders. So long stage victory on Champs Elysees for Cavendish...

Turns out Fulgsang was taken out by the motorbike. Amazingly the same motor almost took out Hesjedal about 10s earlier. Incredible effort from Fulgsang, despite the crash, to still finish right up there.

Vid of both incidents

I imagine the clowns on the motorbike are going to get kicked off the tour overnight.

Pacbois

haha I really like desperate Nibali and Contador attacking all the time. It's not going to work but it makes it more fun.

Linius

It's going to be close between Bardet and Barguil even if Pierre Rolland seems in good form these days.

Oh and let's not talk about Pinot please...

I see how my question was confusing. I basically meant do the French people have a favourite amongst those riders? Bardet and Barguil indeed seem to be the ones with the best papers at the moment.

Pacbois

I see how my question was confusing. I basically meant do the French people have a favourite amongst those riders? Bardet and Barguil indeed seem to be the ones with the best papers at the moment.

ha okay, sort of like Voeckler a few years ago ? Pinot was a media darling before the start of the tour. Bardet was pretty much in his shadow but he's now being under the spotlight after yesterday. Barguil is still a bit unknown and being on a foreign team dosen't help but I'm pretty sure he's going to be big now.

Pacbois

Since Pinot is losing the French dropped him :p

Haha, he stills gets a lot of coverage actually but yeah, at least we're not being harsh on him. He's still young and will probably keep getting better, he also needs a better team because I don't think FDJ is good enough to win a GT.

I actually really like AG2R, they're a really solid team now, not as good as Sky or Astana but they're a Pro Tour staple now.

Linius

Yeah, some talented cyclists you guys got.

We're closing in on the next climb. Hopefully Froome's men feel that last climb.

Wait, what happened there?

Froome pulled his foot off and Nibali attacked? Or maybe under pressure from the attack?

A replay would be nice.

Pacbois

Froome pulled his foot off and Nibali attacked? Or maybe under pressure from the attack?

A replay would be nice.

Looks like Froomage had a problem with his bike. Nibali probably attacked when he saw he was at the back of the group.

Kabouter

Well, if that doesn't prove that no one can come even remotely close to beating Froome I don't know what will.

A replay would be nice.

Maybe a bad gear change or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom