• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2017 |OT|

Addnan

GlsQkx4.jpg

INFO

Route
Stage Profiles
Teams

Previews
Global Cycling Network
The Cycling Podcast
Road.cc stage by stage guide
Cyclingnews

Bookies Favourites
Chris Froome
Richie Porte
Nairo Quintana
Alberto Contador
Fabio Aru
Adam Yates
Jakob Fuglsang
Romain Bardet
Alejandro Valverde

Le Puy-en-Velay › Romans-sur-Isère

Addnan

GC AS IT STANDS AFTER STAGE 15
1 FROOME Christopher 1 TEAM SKY 64h 40' 21''
2 ARU Fabio 51 ASTANA PRO TEAM 64h 40' 39'' + 00' 18''
3 BARDET Romain 11 AG2R LA MONDIALE 64h 40' 44'' + 00' 23''
4 URAN Rigoberto 188 CANNONDALE DRAPAC PROFESSIONAL CYCLING TEAM 64h 40' 50'' + 00' 29''
5 MARTIN Daniel 105 QUICK - STEP FLOORS 64h 41' 33'' + 01' 12''
6 LANDA Mikel 6 TEAM SKY 64h 41' 38'' + 01' 17''
7 YATES Simon 89 ORICA - SCOTT 64h 42' 23'' + 02' 02''
8 MEINTJES Louis 61 UAE TEAM EMIRATES 64h 45' 30'' + 05' 09''
9 CONTADOR Alberto 31 TREK - SEGAFREDO 64h 45' 58'' + 05' 37''
10 CARUSO Damiano 42 BMC RACING TEAM 64h 46' 26'' + 06' 05''

STAGE WINNERS

Stage 1 - Geraint Thomas
Stage 2 - Marcel Kittel
Stage 3 - Peter Sagan
Stage 4 - Arnaud Demare
Stage 5 - Fabio Aru
Stage 6 - Marcel Kittel
Stage 7 - Marcel Kittel
Stage 8 - Lilian Calmejane
Stage 9 - Rigoberto Uran
Stage 10 - Marcel Kittel
Stage 11 - Marcel Kittel
Stage 12 - Romain Bardet
Stage 13 - Warren Barguil
Stage 14 - Michael Mathews
Stage 15 - Bauke Mollema

Jersey wearers
http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2017/us/classifications.html

VeloGames league code: 57716936

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
OT is fine, though I like to have a referential or pun-fill tag lines. "Tour de France |OT| Time gap moe" or "Rise of Team Sky-net".

I'm going to predict that Team Sky is going to control the majority of the race and deliver Froome another GC victory.

Chris R

Kinda disappointed at some of the climbs, hoping for a nice close race most of the way through if such a thing is possible.

Google

Team. I really enjoyed watching the Tour De France as I woke up before work last year.

Is there a way to watch this online?

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
I would have gone with Tour de France |OT| Overly Juicy Steaks, but that may be a little too controversial.

JPKellams

If anyone else was planning on a grander thread, then do lock this up and make it, just haven't seen it mentioned anywhere so I chucked one up. Starts in 2 days!

Anyone want to do Velogames, feel free to start it up and I can stick it in op.

teepo

what's with the short timetrials and lack of mountain stages

looks like this could be the tour where a non tt specalist can take the yellow

roytheone

After the huge Dutch success in the Giro, I expect pretty much nothing for us in this tour. Our best riders aren't participating.

Ruruja

Cheers JP, joined!

Team. I really enjoyed watching the Tour De France as I woke up before work last year.

Is there a way to watch this online?

If you have access to it, Eurosport will be showing it online. It's also streamed on ITV4 in UK. I'm not sure about who is streaming it in North America.

To answer your question though, there is always a way.

LayLa

Supposedly Eurosport are broadcasting every stage from km0 this year? Just stick in my veins why don't ya.
This might be the most open Tour in a while given Froome's relatively poor form in recent weeks. Porte has looked a new man this year, hopefully he can at least podium.
The sprinting also seems wide open with no hot favourite going into the race, especially with no Gaviria or Ewan riding.
Random questions: is Chavez going to be fit? will Cav last a week? who is really going to be Astanas top dog, Aru or Fuglsang?

Chris R

If you have access to it, Eurosport will be showing it online. It's also streamed on ITV4 in UK. I'm not sure about who is streaming it in North America.

To answer your question though, there is always a way.

NBC Sports will be showing every stage live, just not the entire stage. Some days we get the entire thing, others we only get the last ~65% of the stage.

DDgd2c5WsAEFwge.jpg

Love Fabio, went with the full colours.

Much better than the Vincenzo version

bettiniphoto_0196890_1_full_670.jpg

Gonna have to change my avatar when he officially wears it in stage 2.

I am really hopeful he can win.

I only see Froome stronger than him, and that is because of the team and the fact he is a better TT.

Porte is just not as good as hyped, Quintana couldn't do the first leg of the double, Contador is done, Bardet will have a lot of pressure, Fulgsang will be riding for Fabio come week 3

Charamiwa

Banned
DDgd2c5WsAEFwge.jpg

Love Fabio, went with the full colours.

Much better than the Vincenzo version

bettiniphoto_0196890_1_full_670.jpg

Gonna have to change my avatar when he officially wears it in stage 2.

I am really hopeful he can win.

I only see Froome stronger than him, and that is because of the team and the fact he is a better TT.

Porte is just not as good as hyped, Quintana couldn't do the first leg of the double, Contador is done, Bardet will have a lot of pressure, Fulgsang will be riding for Fabio come week 3

We'll also have the full French and Belgian colors in the peloton this year! Sadly the Spanish jersey is awful.

Also this year the tv signal will be available for the full race. So if your channel of choice wasn't doing integral stages everyday last year, this might change now.

teepo

really hoping contador spices things up

the tour has been quite shite for awhile and some of these stages have his name written all over them. really hoping for a redux of last year's vuelta where contador went on the attack with quintana. i would love to see team sky be dismantled like that in the tour but i know i'm asking for too much

though i am optimistic. a few of the stages seem like they'll lend to more racing than we're accustomed to

Makes it much easier to see him when he inevitably cracks.

He has only cracked once in his GT career, and that was last year on Stage 20. IIRC, it was down to poor nutrition. He has finished in the top 5 for four of his 6 GTs. I feel this is the Tour that will catipult him to the top.

We'll also have the full French and Belgian colors in the peloton this year! Sadly the Spanish jersey is awful.

Also this year the tv signal will be available for the full race. So if your channel of choice wasn't doing integral stages everyday last year, this might change now.

Really great that it will be from start to finish each race.

Ruruja

He has only cracked once in his GT career, and that was last year on Stage 20. IIRC, it was down to poor nutrition. He has finished in the top 5 for four of his 6 GTs. I feel this is the Tour that will catipult him to the top.

Didn't he crack at the Giro when Contador clawed them back on his own from the bottom of that mountain then went on to attack Aru when he bridged. Landa went with Contador.

Didn't he crack at the Giro when Contador clawed them back on his own from the bottom of that mountain then went on to attack Aru when he bridged. Landa went with Contador.

I wouldn't say he cracked, he just wasn't able to keep up with them lol. He was only 24 then, so was still learning how to ride GTS, still finished second while winning the final two mountains stages IIRC.

JPKellams

I wouldn't say he cracked, he just wasn't able to keep up with them lol. He was only 24 then, so was still learning how to ride GTS, still finished second while winning the final two mountains stages IIRC.

I seem to remember you being a bi Aru fan in previous threads...

All I can say is that it's nice to want things.

I seem to remember you being a bi Aru fan in previous threads...

All I can say is that it's nice to want things.

Team Italia lol

He isn't as good an all round rider as Nibali, but he is the better climber. Luckily, there isn't a lot of TT in this tour.

He will be turning 27 on Monday, so hopefully will take the next step up in his career.

Time for my favorite time of the year!

Joined the Velogames league. Here's hoping Froome's less than perfect form creates a close race for the top.

Did you guys see that Lance is doing a daily podcast? It's called Stages. Can't say I'm not curious.

Joni

Some early people taking some huge risks seeing the times they are getting. Arndt and Grivko went hard.
I'm hoping that the GC contenders lose a bit of time today. I'd like to see a Martin or a Kittel or so win.

Addnan

How they go this fast in this rain is beyond me as ever. I would be parked up heading home lol or at least going half speed..

Joni

Seems like Kittel really wants to score today, or at least be in a victory's reach of the yellow jersey, otherwise you don't have Trentin going so hard.

Top Bottom