• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2013 |OT| Celebrating 100 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmag

Cavendish actually looked quicker there, but his lead out was absolutely terrible. Started so far back. OPQS haven't looked comfortable on a lead in all tour.

Kabouter

Awesome sprint, and a great win by what is clearly the best sprinter of this TdF. I still think the final day should be a time trial through the streets of Paris though, rest of the stage is so boring.

Chris R

The french techno-laser-art show on the arc de triomph was amazing.

It was, as was finishing as night fell. Great sprint to the line too. Just wish the tour wasn't decided so early this year, would have loved to see it really shake out in the Alps.

Hrothgar

Kittel really did deliver this Tour, showing that he is at the top of his game. Good year for Argos.

It's a shame he was sick last year and had to leave the Tour early.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Had to skip the final stage due to the twilight event. Staying up until 2am and having it close out at 5:30am wasn't a good idea when I had to drive a car at 8am.

Still I'm watching through the extended highlights and everything else via the local broadcaster. It's great to see it all come to an end. It was even better to see the cyclists do a full lap of the Champs-Elysees. And I must say the sprint at the end managed to eclipse the chaos of the 2nd last stage and Quintana's breakaway climb in the last 1km.

I would find solace in the fact that the overhanging guillotine of doping has disappeared from this edition, but the apprehension seems to always remain as it rightly should. I suppose it's a little sad to hold on to a time when I was young teenager in the mid-90s and the athletes were the best of the era. Maybe the natural changing of the guard can help restore that.

On to the Vuelta a Espana.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just got around to watching the last stage. Lapping around the Arc de Triomphe was pretty spectacular, and the awards presentation was pretty damn amazing. Letting the City of Light live up to its name should be a tradition from now on.

Good Tour. The nice for number 2 made it exciting, even if the Maillot Jaune was utterly predictable, and several stages were downright epic. Quintana's awesome, too. Can't wait to see him back again next year (though I have to imagine next year will be a little less mountain-oriented).

Kabouter

tinkov5gjsx.png

Oleg Tinkov, the gift that keeps on giving.

Kabouter

No wonder he got 'fired' from Saxo Bank-Tinkoff. You know it is bad actually when the guy signing the paychecks paying for everything, gets 'fired'.

Yeah, it's really not surprising. Have they found a new secondary sponsor yet to sponsor the team together with Saxo Bank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom