• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2015 |OT| It starts with a BOOM*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruruja

Wtf uh at neeltje jans froome was behind nibali in gc. lol

Ah ok, fair enough. Were Sky pulling the peloton though? I can't remember that stage so well, is it the one with the echelons that Nibali and Quintana lost time on? Didn't they just get caught out by the echelons? Also Nibali wasn't in yellow.

Ah ok, fair enough. Were Sky pulling the peloton though? I can't remember that stage so well, is it the one with the echelons that Nibali and Quintana lost time on? Didn't they just get caught out by the echelons? Also Nibali wasn't in yellow.
No there was a crash on the left side of a roundabout just in front of nibs and movistar. Sky,bbmc etixx were on the right side and went clear.
wiggo was his team mate and in yellow....sso no froome should shut up.

Ruruja

No there was a crash on the left side of a roundabout just in front of nibs and movistar. Sky,bbmc etixx were on the right side and went clear.
wiggo was his team mate and in yellow....sso no froome should shut up.

I don't think Froome should have confronted Nibali as they've all done suspect things before.

That said, I think it's worse when you're in a group of 4 or 5 on a big climb, you look at the guy in yellow having a mechanical and then purposely attack, than multiple teams benefiting from a big crash, don't you?

I don't think Froome should have confronted Nibali as they've all done suspect things before.

That said, I think it's worse when you're in a group of 4 or 5 on a big climb, you look at the guy in yellow having a mechanical and then purposely attack, than multiple teams benefiting from a big crash, don't you?
he was going to attack no matter what...if anything he used the confusion in the group to attack. if froome was that strong and angry why didnt he go get him?He only lost a coupla secs with his mechanical

Hawkie

he was going to attack no matter what...if anything he used the confusion in the group to attack. if froome was that strong and angry why didnt he go get him?He only lost a coupla secs with his mechanical

There's a bigger picture than a direct attack on the yellow. Suggest you listen/read some of the full Froome interview if you want it explained.

ITV reported Dutch corner being extremely aggressive against the Sky buses banging on them and trying to break inside on the way up. Embarrassing if true.

-MB-

It's plain obvious that Porte sacrified his classification to save himself for this last stage to be the ultimate helper for Froome.

Let's go Naironman

1.jpeg

Kabouter

Gotta say, respect for the attempt at least by the Movistars, even it doesn't work out in the end. Also, impressive stuff by Pinot and Geniez.

Edit: lol wow Hesjedal

All aboard the sky train Froomey! Choo choo!

Even if he does finish 2nd and he still very, very likely will, I'm glad Qunitana's had a go in the last couple of days.

Kabouter

It's about 40 seconds now...

Froome could struggle all on his own, though... doesn't look like he is in the best of shapes...

Yeah, but Poels is having his strongest day this TdF, so he's lucky with that. Pinot v Hesjedal has been amazing too this stage, can't imagine one of the two will win the stage though.

Edit: Although, apparently Quintana is not gaining on Pinot anymore. Impressive as fuck from Pinot.

Linius

Hopefully Gesink can some how find his legs again. Though ultimately it doesn't really matter since his position in the ranking isn't really in danger anymore. Though it would have been fun to get past Contador.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom