• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2014 |OT| Riding Around 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so glad Nibali will today claim the Tour and go down as one of the greats having won all three grand tours. For me he is pound for pound the best rider in the world. Strong climber, great on the descents, one of the best bike handlers, a strong time trialist. a great ground tour rider and a solid one day racer, who has been unfortunate not to win a monument or the world championship.

Shouldn't be surprised, but damn that last kick from Kittel is always impressive to witness. Great Tour all around, even with the withdrawals of some big names. Felt like nearly every stage had something going for it, whether it was weather, fans, crashes, or just the layout of the stages. Definitely an improvement over last year's snooze fest, that's for sure.

Now what am I going to do with my mornings? At least my cable provider finally added Universal Sports so I can finally watch the Vuelta, instead of relying on a constantly buffering EuroSport stream...

waypoetic

Banned
Great finish for Kittel.

I really wonder what would have happened if Froome and Contador didn't leave the tour.

Or Cav. That last sprint would've been Cav's.

Congrats to Nibali! Great Tour, a lot of memorable moments and fuck the fuck off to the Swedish Eurosport commentators for talking about weddings, cheese and other various types of food and their personal victories - everything that was Not about the Tour or what was shown on screen.

someday

Banned
Now what am I going to do with my mornings? At least my cable provider finally added Universal Sports so I can finally watch the Vuelta, instead of relying on a constantly buffering EuroSport stream...
I envy you for that. I had Universal Sports as an over the air channel for a while and it got me into the Giro and the Vuelta. Plus so many other great sports that never get any coverage in the US outside of the Olympics.

Pacbois

IMG_20140727_175412765.jpg

Congrats Nibali !

So yeah I went to see the riders pass through the suburbs today with some friends and some beer, we had a good time.

I took some photos, you can check them out here.

And a bonus :

FluidCrazyBongo.gif

Awesome Pacbois!

I wish TWC Raleigh would pick up Universal Sports. Would love to watch the Giro / Vuelta. Wife and I (and even daughter, from time to time) really enjoyed watching the TdF each day. Next week won't be the same. =/

Kind of OT, but anyhow...

Anyone play Cyanide's Tour de France 2014 (for consoles) or Pro Cycling Manager? I bought a version several years ago for XBLA and it was decidedly meh (but only $10) -- is the most recent version decent? It is $50 so I'm hoping it is a bit better. Also, it says that you can ride all the stages, but I'm assuming it isn't the full length of each stage but rather a compressed "greatest hits" of each stage, right? Thanks!

kottila

Kind of OT, but anyhow...

Anyone play Cyanide's Tour de France 2014 (for consoles) or Pro Cycling Manager? I bought a version several years ago for XBLA and it was decidedly meh (but only $10) -- is the most recent version decent? It is $50 so I'm hoping it is a bit better. Also, it says that you can ride all the stages, but I'm assuming it isn't the full length of each stage but rather a compressed "greatest hits" of each stage, right? Thanks!

The pc verdion and console versions have been drastically different in the past. The pc is a deep cycling management sim going through the entire cycling calendar, while the console versions are more shallow and action oriented. The problem with the games is that cyanide has to have a new version out every year in time for the start of the tour and thus every edition is plagued with game breaking bugs. The pc game itself is a lot of fun when it works (and you've downloaded a real life database), but not sure how this years version is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom