• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2015 |OT| It starts with a BOOM*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacbois

Quintana and Valverde missed a big occasion. Nibali is definitly gone, he'll probably catch Rolland downhill.

[Edit] Nibali saw that Froome was at the back. Sneaky like a shark.

Kabouter

Quintana and Valverde missed a big occasion. Nibali is definitly gone, he'll probably catch Rolland downhill.

I don't think Quintana and Valverde missed it, I think they just weren't able to do anything major because they're too weak. Only people getting away are people who are allowed to get away.

I'd like to think they were being sporting and chose not to join the attack out of sportsmanship.

What a mature thing to do.

By the looks of the blokes hair, it's a very, very mature thing to do.

I hope Quintana has a go on the final climb. He's made a few half-hearted attacks so far but nothing too serious. He's been a bit disappointing really, seems like he settled for 2nd in the Pyrenees.

Good on Nibali for doing something interesting again.

Man, is there some way we could combine last-week Andrew Talansky with first-weeks Tejay van Garderen?

Tejay Talasky, that guy could podium easy.

Kabouter

Astana's tour somewhat salvaged unless something crazy happens in this final little bit :p
Shame, we didn't see this Nibali earlier in the Tour, would've been very interesting!

waypoetic

Banned
One of the commentators on [swedish] Eurosport has said that Froome got spat on but i didn't see it. Apparently it happened two times, last time during the final climb. Maybe it was visible on TV but on Eurosport Player you only get 404p resolution, so...

Read a comment that Geraint Thomas was dropped by the gruppetto. His absence might make tomorrow's stage more exciting but it would be a real shame for him to be eliminated after the tour he's had.

Linius

Nibali is back. Quintana did a proper job too.

Gesink still very solid. He's just not good enough to beat Nibali/Contador/Froome/Quintana/Valverde at the moment. But he can easily ride up the mountains with the rest of the pack.

Kabouter

Nibali is back. Quintana did a proper job too.

Gesink still very solid. He's just not good enough to beat Nibali/Contador/Froome/Quintana/Valverde at the moment. But he can easily ride up the mountains with the rest of the pack.

I'm still hoping Contador has a weak day again tomorrow so Gesink can finish top 5 :p

Linius

I'm still hoping Contador has a weak day again tomorrow so Gesink can finish top 5 :p

I think it's a minute right now innit? Should be doable. But indeed only if Contador has a weak day. Contador is just a hell of rider.

Most Dutchies are pretty harsh on our achievements this tour. But I like it how LJ made some good effort this week to be present in the early escapes (go Kruijswijk) and in the end we'll probably have two of us in the top 10. That's a great result. Too bad we probably won't be able to grab a stage.

-MB-

I think it's a minute right now innit? Should be doable. But indeed only if Contador has a weak day. Contador is just a hell of rider.

Most Dutchies are pretty harsh on our achievements this tour. But I like it how LJ made some good effort this week to be present in the early escapes (go Kruijswijk) and in the end we'll probably have two of us in the top 10. That's a great result. Too bad we probably won't be able to grab a stage.

Because ending up in the 2nd half of the top ten with merely following isn't something most people care for. They want to see people winning stuff, espescially since you have others in the vincinity of those Dutch riders in the top 10-15 that did win a stage.
And several that manage to improve during the tour whilst the Dutch riders all stay at the same level they started the tour with.

Linius

We all know that if the circumstances were different we've had Kelderman, Ten Dam and Kruijswijk to go for a stage win. While at least two of them should with Gesink each mountain stage to protect his ranking and help him towards the top. Riding two grand tours is a mistake. And some unfortunate crashes early on in the Tour didn't help. I think they did well by ultimately sticking to try and bring Gesink up the ranking instead of just gambling for a stage success.

There's some good promise in this team if things work out better next year.

And outside of Lott Jumbo there's also Dumoulin who just hit a ton of bad luck. Poor fella.

Ruruja

Tomorrow should be one hell of a stage. I can see Froome winning it though. Most of Sky should be quite rested considering how they rode today (except Poels da god).

Could not watch

How was Quintana attack? I don't think he has much stamina and strength to go for a 2 minute attack

Patetic attacks on froome. First piss and now this? What's the nationality of the attackers?

Given Froome's riding style of looking like he's about to fall off at any given second, I can imagine Nibali could have thought he was just cracking a little rather than having a mechanical.

Hawkie

Nibali was definitely a toe rag today. Clearly sees the Tour leader having a problem, checks again and then makes his move - poor form you might say. But to then go and deny that he seen anything just takes the biscuit. He really doesn't need to be like that especially for a rider of his quality.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Nibali was definitely a toe rag today. Clearly sees the Tour leader having a problem, checks again and then makes his move - poor form you might say. But to then go and deny that he seen anything just takes the biscuit. He really doesn't need to be like that especially for a rider of his quality.

Eh. If he was important to the peleton they could have gone after him...they didn't. It was a bit tacky but far from some incredibly unsportsmanlike action.

The Dutch mountain. My body is ready.

Yup, you guys are all set.

media_xll_7890770.jpg

media_xll_7890773.jpg

media_xll_7890775.jpg

media_xll_7890776.jpg

media_xll_7890777.jpg

Lol!Why the hell would froome care about nibs? why didnt froome wait when nibs was held back behind a crash in neeltje jans?
why did luke rowe started pulling the pelton when cancellara was down? In yellw nonetheless.
nibs and contador make races, sky kills races.
porte bullying mollema and shit likes that makes me hate that team with a passion. sky didnt want a hard race and nobody was allowed to attack. Yes u need permission to attack from mr froome apparently luckily nibs was having none of that. Loved how he got rid of porte when he was tryring to fuck up the astana train.

Ruruja

Lol!Why the hell would froome care about nibs? why didnt froome wait when nibs was held back behind a crash in neeltje jans?
why did luke rowe started pulling the pelton when cancellara was down? In yellw nonetheless.
nibs and contador make races, sky kills races.
porte bullying mollema and shit likes that makes me hate that team with a passion. sky didnt want a hard race and nobody was allowed to attack. Yes u need permission to attack from mr froome apparently luckily nibs was having none of that. Loved how he got rid of porte when he was tryring to fuck up the astana train.

Froome in yellow not waiting for someone 9 minutes behind being held up is different to attacking Froome in yellow when he has a mechanical hoping to gain those minutes.

Luke Rowe didn't start pulling the peloton when Cancellara was down, he started pulling - like other riders from other teams - when the race director's car pulled to the side and accelerated, allowing them to race again, shortly before they neutralised it once more.

I think your passionate hate of the team is blinding you a bit.

Froome in yellow not waiting for someone 9 minutes behind being held up is different to attacking Froome in yellow when he has a mechanical hoping to gain those minutes.

Luke Rowe didn't start pulling the peloton when Cancellara was down, he started pulling - like other riders from other teams - when the race director's car pulled to the side and accelerated, allowing them to race again, shortly before they neutralised it once more.

I think your passionate hate of the team is blinding you a bit.
Wtf uh at neeltje jans froome was behind nibali in gc. lol
So rowe started pulling....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom