• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2015 |OT| It starts with a BOOM*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

http://nos.nl/tour/video/2048051-sagan-dolt-met-gele-trui-hey-froomey.html

Sagan, what a character
p1kx90C.png

waypoetic

Banned
If i was Froomey i'd be paranoid as fuck going up hills with people getting so close to the peloton. After what happened...

Interesting attack from Tinkoff-Saxo.

Interesting and pointless fact: The next climb is about 22m higher than any mountain in Australia.

Kabouter

It's so unfortunate that all people are riding for is who gets to be on the podium after Froome. Nobody's got what it takes to even mount a serious attack for the yellow. I imagine Van Garderen will abandon today btw.

Ruruja

Shame about TJ.

No idea where Thomas came from the end there.

I love watching Quintana and Froome fight it out.

So about tomorrow. Everyone's been speaking about this stage since they announced where they were going. In case you didn't know, the last 2 cols are HC and 2nd Cat.

Don't pay attention to the HC 'Col du Glandon', but to the last one. It's called 'Les Lacets de Montvernier'. Why? Here's why:

It's gonna be glorious and it's the very first time the Tour will use this col. Seriously, don't miss it.

PROFILCOLSCOTES_2.png

I thought it was exciting :(

He just had a bit too much of a lead and shame Pinot is such a bitch in the descent as well.

Ruruja

So about tomorrow. Everyone's been speaking about this stage since they announced where they were going. In case you didn't know, the last 2 cols are HC and 2nd Cat.

Don't pay attention to the HC 'Col du Glandon', but to the last one. It's called 'Les Lacets de Montvernier'. Why? Here's why:

B4GOHee.jpg

Cool, it's like a taste of Alpe d'Huez.

Alx

It's gonna be glorious and it's the very first time the Tour will use this col. Seriously, don't miss it..

Those "lacets" remind me of the bicycle race drawn by Franquin in Spirou. There's an opportunity for a surprise comeback there. ^^

waypoetic

Banned
From the Etixx Quick-Step blog, Michal Kwiatkowski on the withdrawal:

"It's sad for me to leave a special race like Le Tour de France," Michal Kwiatkowski said. "Everyone knows how much I like this grand tour. Today I wanted to enter in a breakaway. I jumped a few times at the beginning together with Rigoberto Uran, but then suddenly I felt empty. I lost contact from the group on the first climb. I fought, hoping to recover, and maybe I could feel better along the parcours, but the situation didn't change. I hung on until the intermediate sprint, but then I decided to stop. There wasn't anything left in the tank. It's a difficult moment for me. You never want to stop in a race like this, especially when you have this rainbow jersey on your shoulders. My teammates were great these last couple of weeks in how they supported me. I want to thank them. We had great time together and we achieved great results together. Now I have to recover, and then start thinking about the next race on my calendar. I want to thank all the people on the roads that cheered for me. I wish all the best to my teammates, hoping they can get another victory before the end of Le Tour."

Those "lacets" remind me of the bicycle race drawn by Franquin in Spirou. There's an opportunity for a surprise comeback there. ^^

lol and that reminds me of:

us-postal-team-rider-d3x3m.jpg

He had no other choice, though.

You could feel there was something wrong with him, physically. Too often he'd let go of the pack way to early. That one breakaway did give me some hope that he might have recovered, but apparently it wasn't meant to be his year.

Joni

I don't buy it completely. I think it might be partially mental at least. Lefevre basically informed him yesterday that he could go to Sky, despite the kid wanting to stay with Quick Step, because Kwia's manager messed up. (At least, that is how Lefevre has announced Kwia's transfer in the newspaper this morning.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom