• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2013 |OT| Celebrating 100 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

kottila

Alpe d'huez is a bit of a sausagefest so far. Started raining hard last noght which ruined the outdoor partying. Luxembourg had set up their own bar at the start of the village with a huge PA and the crowds were blocking the whole road. Every time a cyclist came by he got huge cheers and was pushed through

Edit: eating breakfast with greg and kathy lemond + daughters now (at a different table)

I hope they do the full stage today. With all the rain and fog that's meant to be coming, Froome and Sky want to end the stage after the first ascent of Alpe D'huez as the descent will be too dangerous.

I hope they do the full stage today. With all the rain and fog that's meant to be coming, Froome and Sky want to end the stage after the first ascent of Alpe D'huez as the descent will be too dangerous.

I think you are forgetting the last climb they have to do as well. There is no way in the world they can get away for minutes if they are not taking risks at the descent.

Wes

venison crêpe
"There are seven riders in the lead on the descent from the Col de Manse after 15 kilometres of racing. Behind them, the peloton is strung out in a long line, where Chris Froome is, to quote Eurosport commentator Carlton Kirby "surrounded by a swarm of hornets" dressed mainly in the livery of Saxo Tinkoff, who have Alberto Contador and Roman Kreuziger in second and third place on GC respectively. Contador is 4min 34sec behind Froome on GC. Kreuziger is 4min 51sec behind."

They have a plan...

BPYjTpgCEAAo46_.jpg

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Isn't making cyclists scale Alpe d'Huez twice in one stage the sort of thing that makes cyclists use drugs?

It's the 100th edition in a race that is watched, let alone attended, by millions annually worldwide. Why should they settle for second best on a famous climb?

Cuddler

I really hope they can get away and take some serious time.. But I guess Froome will come back once they hit the bottom again..

I hope so too, but It's difficult, Froome still have 2(?) teammates and...well...if he is as faster as it was on Mont Ventoux...it's impossible...lol

Hanmik

I hope so too, but It's difficult, Froome still have 2(?) teammates and...well...if he is as faster as it was on Mont Ventoux...it's impossible...lol

they have 20 seconds right now.. unless Froome goes down or hits his limits then they will probably catch them in very short time..

Hanmik

hmm. back to the boring cycling then..

wow Voigt came back..? he is old.. (compared to the rest)

and what the fuck is Movistar doing..?

Van Garderen deserves this, christ that man has worked hard.

I think he has it.

Froome popping? That's the second time Sky have taken food/drink when they aren't allowed. They did it on Ventoux as well. I suppose they can afford the fines.

Edit: Maybe not, Riblon coming!

Wes

venison crêpe
So Port for yellow jersey next year? He looks like Froome of last year who carried Wiggins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom