• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 is a glitchy mess

gossi

Footage recorded after day one patch. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...hawks-pro-skater-5-is-a-bit-of-a-glitchy-mess

Edit: it's worth noting this was all recorded in one hour of play, and even the music glitches. It is truly awful.

Update: without the patch the game isn't playable, you can just do the tutorial.

I've had some glitches, but like I said before, the glitches aren't even the biggest issue. Everything about how it controls, the lack of content, and the bizarre trappings of the online into EVERY aspect of the game are much more damning. You could fix every glitch in the game and it would still feel like the dollar store version of a Tony Hawk title.

mlV0xX.gif

Update: Polygon rip this game to shreds here:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=oRGoN9uSL6E

Update from publisher - 1st October 2015: "We are aware of the issues that players have experienced following the launch of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 and are working with the developer to address these so that we can continue to improve the gameplay experience for all of the Tony Hawk fans who have known and loved this franchise for more than 16 years"

At least we had the benefit of devs putting out a ton of footage before hand. Most people saw this coming from a mile away. Coupled with the devs shitty history with the series and the abortion that THPSHD was, no one should be surprised.

Holy crap! That is freaking hilarious... Nothing like going to do an ollie or kick flip and gravity shutting off right in the middle. Tony just floating away... I think that is a metaphor for the direction of the series. They should have left it dead...

FStop7

Banned
These cynical cash grabs are why I barely buy games any more.

It's like the industry's reconfiguring itself specifically to drive people away.

Ferrio

Banned
Game that looked incredibly shitty before release is shitty? Can't say I'm surprised. Maybe we'll get some good Skate like gifs outta it though.

5amshift

Banned
Seems like THPS5 will be the butt of every joke today.
Reached out for a review copy and will be heavily pleased once I get my hands on it.

Anybody from Robomodo here on GAF?

I feel bad for Tony Hawk cos he's a cool dude who cares about his games.

But he can't get a good one made for love nor money.

Time to kill it off, dude.

Mahonay

Banned
This is a real bummer. I REALLY wanted this to be good. Last Tony Hawk I enjoyed was American Wasteland.
If you expected this to be good you haven't been following it's coverage this past year.

Also Robomodo, never expect anything of quality from them. They should honestly be developing mobile games instead.

dugdug

Banned
All Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 glitches and physics bugs in this video were captured in under 60 minutes of gameplay, on a PS4 with the 7gb launch update installed.

It only took them an hour to come up with this footage. And this is AFTER the patch.

This is the most embarrassing shit I've seen in a while.

Valkrai

I feel bad for Tony Hawk cos he's a cool dude who cares about his games.

But he can't get a good one made for love nor money.

Time to kill it off, dude.

It pretty much is dead after this. The contract from Activision expires this year and I doubt they will want to continue it after the reception for this game.

Top Bottom