• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 is a glitchy mess

eso76

Ahh yes.
As predicted, this game is going to rock YouTube.
Glitches gifs threads are going to be hilarious

BroBot

giphy.gif

2G3aLkF.jpg

I really wanted it to be good...

jackal27

Banned
"All footage recorded in under 60 minutes of gameplay." WHAT!?

I can't believe somebody would even publish this in good conscience. Also, I hadn't actually seen any footage of the game. It really looks THAT ugly? My word.

Steroyd

1 hour, 1 goddamn hour with the game produced that montage.

This game has exceeded my expectations, it's going to be glorious, but I can't help but think this is actually a genius move by Robomodo, halfway through development they went "fuck it" and decided to gun for Pewdiepie bait... Nah I'm giving them too much credit.

No, definitely not, they said it was a AAA game and this is not a AAA game lmao. (And we know this because clearly the game's budget was pitiful, it was sent to die).

Most of these 'glitches' are clipping issues with respect to the ragdoll physics but not even previous THPS games (which used ragdoll physics for when you fell off your board or crashed) at least had the decency to make sure the character didn't, ever, clip through the ground.

Just terrible programming, either that or negligence.

As a programmer who has worked on glitchy messes, I feel it is unfair to blame the programmers without knowing the whole story. Very few programmers would feel good about shipping a game in this state and this smells more of management rushing a product out than programmers not caring.

I honestly feel bad for Tony Hawk he just wants them to make a good Tony Hawk like they used to and Activision just does not give a fuck and probably told the devs to get this shit out the door on time no matter what.

Waveset

At every stage of bad news with this game, I've reserved judgment and stayed optimistic. Now I can admit I was wrong and I'm a better person because of that.

What makes these glitches especially bad is that they're just doing normal things into the game rather than something they may trigger them like repeatedly jumping into a wall or a corner. So it means that they'll break the standard gameplay.

MUnited83

For you.
I'm amazed that some people in the previous Tony Hawk threads were actually giving Robomodo a chance. Lol, come on now, this was always going to be a Hot mess.

AdanVC

Has Tony Hawk himself said something about this mess?? He is such a cool guy I'm actually feel bad he is now going to be remembered for this awful glitchy gifs rather than his magnificent real life tricks.

pizzacat

Banned
Has Tony Hawk himself said something about this mess?? He is such a cool guy I'm actually feel bad he is now going to be remembered for this awful glitchy gifs rather than his magnificent real life tricks.
This isn't tony Hawks first push to the mainstream he will be remembered for being tony hawk not for this lmaoo

JohngPR

I expected the game to be crap, but not in this way. I know that there are reasons why publishers would push games that could use more time, but this has farther reaching implications than just this game. I can't imagine the THPS franchise recovering from putting this out.

There have been bad TH games in the past, but all of the numbered titles have been good. Putting a "5" on this sets an expectation that this game was never going to meet.

Pinkuss

Wow. And I assume some of those Metactitic user reviews are from the Dev team/Activision/Tony himself?

"It is a masterpiece!!! The game is gorgeous, good graphics and game play. In my opinion, the best in the series. Ten out of ten!!! I do not understand people who put the estimate below"

"younger generation review classics like the THPS franchise. Graphics 2! Sound 3! Please put your GamePro rating system aside and review the game for what it is: A combo-based skateboarding game. Adding realistic physics and animation will take away from the fast-paced gameplay that we seasoned gamers have loved since its inception. If you want a skateboard sim, plug in your PS3 and play the Skate series, or better yet, download True Skate on your iPhone. THPS is a classic and they did a good job preserving the feel of the original. Olli Olli has 8 bit graphics but the gameplay can't be beat because of the exciting combos you can pull off. Now go out and get this game, and meet me at the skate park."

Mahonay

Banned
I'm amazed that some people in the previous Tony Hawk threads were actually giving Robomodo a chance. Lol, come on now, this was always going to be a Hot mess.
I didn't understand this either. Robomodo's history with making these games is dire. Just a glance at the game visually on its own should have been enough to indicate what kind of effort they were putting forth.

Top Bottom