• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 is a glitchy mess

blackflag

uwrzsvF.gif

LOL Please tell me this isn't THPS5 because that looks PS2.

To be honest, I actually appreciate some physics bugs in skating games.

YEah, actually, I agree. Back when I was a wee lad and actually playing these sorts of games, seeing how you could break the physics was part of the fun.

I suspect this game is probably past that point though.

DJ88

You guys are blind to the genius of Robomodo. They made it like this on purpose because it will be huge with the streaming crowd, just like Skate was. This is the Skate 4 everyone's been waiting for haha.

NaviLink

Good contender for most glitchy game released this year. Even Arkham Knight PC was at least in a more or less working state.

Hinchy

Series revival with the first numbered sequel in years is a cheap, janky, farmed-out mess?

it's Sonic all over again :(

but even Sonic 4 Episode 1 was probably infinitely more playable than this

KingBroly

Banned
You knew Activision lost any semblance of care for the series when they released THPSHD last gen. What should've been an easy HD up-ressing and adding of online leaderboards turned into an Assy Remake.

Pretty obvious this started as a extremely low budget mobile cash in and was reworked hastily to make $60 off some idiots.

Good job Activision.

slapnuts

shovelware
1. Software that is hastily made, without proper testing, and 'shoveled' down consumers throats in order to make some quick cash.

2. Software that is preloaded onto a computer, that does nothing but slow down performance and does nothing beneficial, but is added in order to increase price or add appeal into purchasing a computer.
1. Battlefield 2: Special Forces Expansion Pack is a recent example of shovelware; it causes CTD's, system failures, massive performance decreases, and addresses NONE of the original game problems.

2. Frank bought a computer just because it had a lot shovelware preloaded onto it, and now it takes 45 minutes to start up.

udiie

this really just calls for EA to make another skate game and for all things to be right in the universe again

Damaniel

Banned

This is downright criminal. What about the people who don't have their consoles hooked to the Internet? They're paying $60 for a fucking tutorial and nothing else! Of course, those people who have their consoles online and who chose to buy the game sight unseen aren't getting any better of an experience anyway.

Omega

Banned
EA will probably only see this game sell poorly and think no one wants skate 4

activision why couldn't you at least make this somewhat playable :(

Oh boy...

This must be the "apparently completely broken" game mentioned in that thread last week, no? I know there was some speculation about Syndicate, but most of the preview footage released was actually very stable.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
With the license expiring, I doubt they'll fix these issues. They'll probably have to pull the game from stores next year; both physical and digital.

Robomodo was never going to get more time to polish this for the same reason.

dh4niel

I guess Tony has to pay the bills somehow hence this game getting a release. I'm sure Activison doesn't give a shit about the licence anymore anyway.

So you can`t even play the game from the physical disc without the "patch"? Crazy. It`s like a new DRM to keep people from knowing how crap the game is before release.

You are not far wrong. Always online was the idea for this gen. It seems that's the case with the amount of games that need one to function.

gossi

Shipping games before they are even complete (the game essentially isn't even on the disc) is kinda a new low.

Top Bottom