• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 is a glitchy mess

Betty

Banned
Holy shit this is already out? It was only announced a short while back...

and of course, it's a giant turd.

antitrop

Holy shit this is already out? It was only announced a short while back...

and of course, it's a giant turd.
Never forget.

Tony Hawk 5 may have just been leaked by Tony's caterer

Lr63vte.jpg

Damn I laughed after watching that video. I wonder what will be worse, Assassins Creed Syndicate or Tony Hawk 5. Atleast Tony Hawk 5 is giving people a good laugh. I remember Unity just pissing me off.

Here's a weird thought, it's probably unlikely, but here we go:

Most of the people who've been derping around, showing off the awful glitches in the game have been playing as either Tony Hawk, or Lil Wayne. It makes them look stupid, and prompts jokes about them.

Could Lil Wayne go after Activision for this? They probably had some contractual restrictions on the use of his image, yet they shipped a game with his face featuring in it that's a complete embarrassment.

Again, it's unlikely, but I have to wonder.
What if they had to later patch Lil Wayne out because of it...?

He needs to get another shot of himself in that same halfpipe, looking depressed.

Most of the people who've been derping around, showing off the awful glitches in the game have been playing as either Tony Hawk, or Lil Wayne. It makes them look stupid, and prompts jokes about them.

Could Lil Wayne go after Activision for this? They probably had some contractual restrictions on the use of his image, yet they shipped a game with his face featuring in it that's a complete embarrassment.

This is a game that has their heads grow many sizes bigger than their bodies as a feature and is also going to show them bailing a lot, so I doubt there's any kind of embarrassment clause they could use to get out of it.

This is a game that has their heads grow many sizes bigger than their bodies as a feature and is also going to show them bailing a lot, so I doubt there's any kind of embarrassment clause they could use to get out of it.

Right, but that's an intentional design thing. It's another to have your name and image attributed to such an obvious train wreck, clearly pushed out the door before it was even close to ready.

He needs to get another shot of himself in that same halfpipe, looking depressed.
Lol like Activision cares about its guest stars. Remember Kurt Cobain in GH5?

Lil Wayne has already done a good job making himself look stupid in real life. Not sure it could get much worse.

So why is it so hard to make a good tony hawk game in like the last decade?

Because Activision keeps giving Robomodo the IP. This is a company that was simply given the task of remaking the original two THPS games in HD and they somehow managed to fuck that up. Then they were given the next mainline game and instead of simply trying to fix the physics that they fucked in THPS HD, they decided to start implementing mechanics that had no business ever being in a THPS games. Auto-wallriding and the slam button being the same as your grind immediately ruin the flow of the game.

zychi

Banned
It cracks me up that the Xbox One digital version crashes at the Activision logo.

At this point MS are knowingly selling a defective product, which has questionable legality in Europe.

Spoiler, happened with Halo last year with MCC, nothing came of it. Don't expect anything from this.

Stiler

Seeing this just makes me wonder WHY on earth is EA not making more Skate games?

I'm not even a "skater" in real life but I loooooooved the Skate games.

There's not a single good skateboarding game on xbone/ps4, seems like a simple easy concept, make it bigger, better, lots of open world, multiplayer, more and more things to do....but nope.

Hell, I'd love to see Tony in a Skate game, let them use his likeness, maybe be a skater in the game and things.

Hristi

Oh boy.. I thought the Conan video was just them demoing the game. Didn't know this was gonna be released today.

jwk94

Seeing this just makes me wonder WHY on earth is EA not making more Skate games?

I'm not even a "skater" in real life but I loooooooved the Skate games.

There's not a single good skateboarding game on xbone/ps4, seems like a simple easy concept, make it bigger, better, lots of open world, multiplayer, more and more things to do....but nope.

Hell, I'd love to see Tony in a Skate game, let them use his likeness, maybe be a skater in the game and things.
OlliOlli is great

LQX

How they mange to make game look so bland in comparison to other games in the series that came out years ago is mind blowing. They should be ashamed.

Valkrai

How they mange to make game look so bland in comparison to other games in the series that came out years ago is mind blowing. They should be ashamed.

The blandness is more of Robomodo lacking an identity to be honest. They just seem to try and look modern but having no substance in the process.

Kirlia

Banned
It only took them an hour to come up with this footage. And this is AFTER the patch.

This is the most embarrassing shit I've seen in a while.

...wait wait wait. So that Giant Bomb live stream of the game...was with the game patched.

Holy shit. This is a new low in gaming.

If they could patch up some of the buggy loading between levels and missions, move the ground stop button to L3 or R3, remove automatic wallrides and replace them with Triangle / Y button wallrides, and make the player simply stand back up after bailing, I could probably look past just about everything else wrong with this game.

And wallrides and ground stomps seem like things they could fix if they wanted to.

Top Bottom