• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human - couple of new screens from IGN

rakka

too-human-20070803003520645.jpg

too-human-20070803003523658.jpg

too-human-20070803003525407.jpg

http://au.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/748/748783/imgs_1.html

purg3

slept with Malkin
Wait, you can shoot giant ghost birds at enemies? this game keeps getting better and better.

Borys

Banned
This will either be the greatest game of all time or another 6/10 product from Dyack.

Looks cool, that robot enemy reminds me of that Raven Xbox 1 tech demo.

exarkun

dammit I clicked on the thread cause I wanted to have a good laugh. But, to my surprise and enjoyment, Too Human finally is starting to look like a next gen-ish game. Thats the way SK stick to the man with an in house engine!

voltron

Phoenix Fang said:
I'm not impressed by this game one bit.

Oh cmon! Those screens look amazing. No need to jump on the SK/Dyack hate train just because everyone else is. Those screens look great.

I really hope this game gets the respect it deserves, considering everything thats happened.

purg3

slept with Malkin
voltron said:
Oh cmon! Those screens look amazing. No need to jump on the SK/Dyack hate train just because everyone else is. Those screens look great.

I really hope this game gets the respect it deserves, considering everything thats happened.

I wouldn't say the visuals are "amazing", it's all going to come down to gameplay for this one. And if they deliver on what they are talking about, especially with the multiplayer stuff, it should turn out to be a good game.

rayhovite

Banned
These pictures seem symbolic of Dennis struggling his ass off against the Unreal Engine. He is trying to communicate to us.

"help me guys i'm losing"

dennis.jpg

Crow-kun

Banned
voltron said:

Deserves?

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Shadows have been turned on!

EDIT: That life-bar looks unactractive... If the "mini-boss" only requires twenty seconds to defeat, why even bother implementing a life-bar? It clutters the screen.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
le.phat said:
it looks so...empty..

Yeah, I hope they either 1) make the environments smaller or 2) fill them up with gratuitous geometry to evoke a stronger feeling of....."fullness."

Dies Iræ

Karma Kramer said:

You know when you see someone wearing excessively cool clothing? It's kind of like that. It's all a little off and a little too much for my taste. Huge swords, insane armor, massive enemies, bloom, light streaming everywhere, tons of sparks and stuff... it's just trying to be cool and epic while falling short.

rakka

Dies Iræ said:
You know when you see someone wearing excessively cool clothing? It's kind of like that. It's all a little off and a little too much for my taste. Huge swords, insane armor, massive enemies, bloom, light streaming everywhere, tons of sparks and stuff... it's just trying to be cool and epic while falling short.

Uh.

Aaron

Dies Iræ said:
You must have hated Gears of War... and God of War... and every DMC game in existence...

Looks really good. Hopefully we'll get gameplay impressions from different sites in the near future. Liked Eternal Darkness, so here's hoping it holds up.

Really quite interesting looking game. Dyack's not done anything personally offensive to me; if his game is good, I'll buy it.

Timan

Developer
I can't wait for this game, but I gotta say between their trailers and choice of screenshots to release to the press... almost every single one of them look awful.

Salazar

wonderkins said:
Dyack's not done anything personally offensive to me; if his game is good, I'll buy it.

I had never heard his name until Too Human was announced (though I did play and like some of the Legacy games). He has some inadmissible ideas about games, games media, entertainment and art and his role in it all, and gives itchingly, lingeringly infuriating interviews, but I now have some time (as opposed to none at all) for Denis. I'm going to be vicariously relieved when this sucker goes on sale / comes in for reviews - it feels like a coin that's been balancing for so long.

I still feel like I know very little about the game's world and environments - I'm expecting, on first play-through, to see quite a bit I haven't come across in screens or videos. That, more than combat - which I'm resigned to feeling ambivalent about, is what keeps me a little hyped for this.

Top Bottom