• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toryuken | Fighting game tournament | May 19-20

I actually remember a certain someone on Marvel GAF claiming Wolverine would be Low tier in Ultimate. I called that shit out instantly and claimed that Wolverine is not going to be below High tier.

I can't view the set from where I am at apparently. Gotta Archive monster it up late night then.
I don't remember specific names, but I remember a lot of people claiming it. It just goes to show that the vast majority of fighting game players parrot tournament results and don't have any understanding of what makes a character good. Now if Wolverine lost his j.L overhead, then I would believe that he would drop in tier value.

That was free as fuck. It's odd that they ran that between finals games. I figure they would have added more time for other games in place of that.
Remember when some people said Ultimate Wolverine would be mid tier with his nerfs? Haw haw.
Them and the Dante players...

yeesh

To be fair Joker does have the BEST TRAINING MODE Magneto.

I'm guessing Yipes probably saw a video or two where he actually landed his hit. Or Joker playing someone that can't block.

Yipes wanted Fanatiq to make some money :)

Nah Yipes wanted to make money. Hype up Joker have them play then put all his money against Joker. #SmartYipesisSmart

Dahbomb

What nerfs did he get other than Berderper slash losing it's invincibility anyway?
Well that was a huge one. People claimed that his B Slash was slower but that didn't end up being true. You can now even throw him out of B Slash.

Swiss Cheese is a significant nerf, he has to be careful about mashing those very strong jabs/cr.Ls.

Dive kick's priority was nerfed.

Drill Claw does not happy birthday anymore. Big nerf as Wolverine has to spend a bar and then either DHC or XF to complete a 2 character combo.

His j.L hit box was nerfed and while he can still do instant overheads with it he can't mash out j.Ls into overheads it has to be tight.

His LVL1 XF was nerfed a ton and along with the universal XF nerfing, Wolverine's XFLVL1 is now among the worse ones in the game (only a 120% boost to damage as compared to the average 125%). This means that Wolverine doesn't get to kill your first character with XF and then have enough time on XF to use on the next one... it's an all or nothing deal with him.

Other nerfs are related to his partner Akuma's Tatsu which isn't soft knockdown anymore which makes their synergy much less threatening now. Plus meter gain nerf also hit Wolverine considerably and of course he can't abuse the DHC glitch anymore.

He did get a couple of buffs, most notably his st.L has a better hit box and his hypers Fatal Claw/Berserker Barrage do more damage due to the mashing mechanic which makes the Fatal Claw loop very deadly.

Was the tornado claw loop in vanilla?
Yes it was.

Yeah, it was just rarely used because Vanilla Wolverine always popped XF1 the moment he touched you.

Yep same thing with Zero's lighting loops.

One thing I appreciate about Ultimate is that it force players to explore other options. I remember playing Zero on day of ultimate thinking what happened to his damage? Little did I know his damage increase by a shit ton.

1255605321_shocked.gif

Yep same thing with Zero's lighting loops.

One thing I appreciate about Ultimate is that it force players to explore other options. I remember playing Zero on day of ultimate thinking what happened to his damage? Little did I know his damage increase by a shit ton.

Isn't the timing on lightning loop a bit different in ultimate?

I feel great about IM. He's a solid character, Mid tier with great support capabilities. Way better than Sentinel.

Also I didn't even see the set, twitch not working on this PC.

He played about as bad as he did in that set against RDK, only this time it was against a good player. 2-10.

MrDaravon

Also nothing to do with the current chat spam, but before this and all day yesterday that one mod in there ericg something is seriously the most butthurt mod I have ever seen in a twitch channel in my life, it is hilarious.

Edit: Haha someone banned Offcast and one of the mods is asking who did it lol.

Top Bottom