• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Can you/is there a reason to preorder digital?

Only reason I can see (other than not having to swap out the physical copy every time you wanna go back and re-play P4G ;) is that let's say you're in the spot I'm in where you have x2 vitas on the same PSN account - x1 for me x1 for my gfriend - and let's say she's recently also gotten hooked on playing Toukiden co-op, but isn't going to be playing online...

Well if you buy digital, you can have it on multiple Vitas and still play together via Ad-Hoc with all your separate save files/characters. And either copy can still play online - just not at the same time.

And that's how for $40 you can
keep a relationship going ;)

Shiina

So I still haven't seen anything official on this. Do we know US digital doesn't get preoders or do people just assume it from the lack of information on it?

ZeroAKA

So I still haven't seen anything official on this. Do we know US digital doesn't get preoders or do people just assume it from the lack of information on it?
US PSN never gets digital Vita preorders. They might do a launch week offer for the European preorder DLCs though, if you're worried about that.

killatopak

Gold Member
Tizoc, you have quite a few errors in the weapon segment.

The O on spears isn't throwing but pole vaulting ala Dragoons from the FF series.

You're also missing the O function of the Chain and Sickles

Lastly you forgot to mention the super attack O+X which breaks one part of an enemy boss and instantly kills mobs.

They're in it for the fuckable husbandos.

bwhwahhah! Troof.

gxsTE1K.png

I really hope they do a Day 1 NA PSN drop. If not I'm gonna end up having to open up both amazon and gamestop physicals to play with my gfriend Day 1 (which I only got for a backup to if they don't drop digi day 1).

Just checked PSNStore and they list the game separate from the demo and say the release date is Feb, 11th, but no preorder and or promise it'll be available.

Faustek

For those that don't know TK is giving away stuff on their twitter. For those that want that extra unbuyable loot.

Offtopic :
Captain Yamato should be in a otome game.

Just saying.

ZeroAKA

Without being dismissively reductive, is this essentially a musou game + friends with benefits?
This is almost the complete opposite of a musou game. Instead of spamming buttons to take down waves of enemies, you have to be fairly slow and deliberate in taking down a single large boss like you would in Monster Hunter. There are no friends with benefits either, sadly.

depward

Was initially off-put by the demo... but playing it more and more, I'm warming up to it. Just seems so much more button mashy than MonHun :/

Don't know how I'll divide my time between Bravely Default and DanganRonpa to fit this in, but I will try!

The fuck is this shit? Throw the childrens play aside for a man's game.

We should have a section for PSNs in the OP. I need to add some hunters to my PSN list.

killatopak

Gold Member
Hmm, I'm torn between this and DanganRonpa, which both release on the same day. Decisions decisions...
I suggest getting Toukiden while the online community is still large. Danganronpa can wait since it doesn't feature any MP.
The fuck is this shit? Throw the childrens play aside for a man's game.

We should have a section for PSNs in the OP. I need to add some hunters to my PSN list.

Be sure to put it in a doc file or excel file and email tag the link so that lurkers can't join.

I really don't get Tecmo Koiee
They release this on Vita but not on PS3? All their other games have been on consoles so why not this one too? It just seems strange that a game like Monster Hunter with lots of depth and focused on multiplayer on top is only releasing on Vita where the userbase is a lot smaller than Ps3/360. I don't get it.

Reknoc

Wait, I don't think I understand those tweets. Is there romances? In a Monster Hunter game? A first, maybe?

No, though there is friendship grinding because omega force.

The tweets are just the TKE CM agreeing the male character is hot. TKE has the best twitter presence as far as game companies go.

3Kaze

They release this on Vita but not on PS3? All their other games have been on consoles so why not this one too? It just seems strange that a game like Monster Hunter with lots of depth and focused on multiplayer on top is only releasing on Vita where the userbase is a lot smaller than Ps3/360. I don't get it.

It easily outsold the last dynasty warrior games in Japan.

This is not Tecmo's fault I'm afraid. The only people we can blame are the Japanese gamers for strongly preferring their games on handheld. These games sell best in the Japanese market so we have to deal with playing on less than desirable hardware. I'd love to play Toukiden on PS3 or PS4 for the big screen and improved controls but at least it's better than trying to play on a single analog handheld. If hunting games sold better in the US and Europe I'm sure we'd have more on consoles.

Shiina

They didn't make this game for the Western market and handhelds are far more popular in Japan than consoles.

Puru

Because those games seems to work better on handheld in japan (it was also a vita/psp release).
Wouldn't be surprised if a sequel would be released on PS3/PS4/Vita since it seems they love to do this now, they didn't even milked it yet with an updated version unlike other games of the gendra which is surprising, Tecmo Koei <3.

Holmes

Does this game have online trophies? I don't have access to a wifi connection (only tethering) so I want to know if I'd need one for the platinum. Hoping not.

Very nice OT. Haha, that title. TKE is the best~

Looking forward to this game and really enjoyed the demo.

Too bad my time will be taken up by Danganronpa since it comes out on the same day, but I'll give this game the love it deserves whenever I get around to it.

Faustek

So for those complaining about Vita..

Do you even own one? Or just complaining because you can? I hope it's neither and you seriously prefer your TV but FYI you'll be disappointed if you expect many Japanese games to land on your console during 2014. Compared to the 3DS/Vita announcement made its like the consoles don't exist.

But hey its still early in the year. We might get more content announced.

ZhugeEX

Banned

It sold 470k on Vita/PSP. It's their best selling game in Japan of 2013 and the best selling new ip in Japan of 2013.

However, they may release a HD version or some other version/sequel on PS3/PS4 in the future like they did with Strikeforce on PSP.

This is almost the complete opposite of a musou game. Instead of spamming buttons to take down waves of enemies, you have to be fairly slow and deliberate in taking down a single large boss like you would in Monster Hunter. There are no friends with benefits either, sadly.

I'm actually fine with all of that. Adding this to the future backlog list :p

I'd like to play this game but I find putting hours and hours into a handheld makes my eyes strain and hurt. I'd love to just get stuck and absorbed into it with a controller on the TV. I hope that Vita TV thingy comes out in the UK.

I really struggled at times with Ys Memories of Celcesta. Great game but its the only game I've beat on Vita because my attention span is a lot shorter on a small screen. I just get tired of it easily. I can't relax and chill with handheld games that are RPG's or really deep. I'd rather sit back and relax and learn all the mechanics slowly. On handheld my arms start hurting when I play on Vita in bed. Apart from the portability Its really not that comfortable with the buttons and small screen. It needs to be on consoles too.

Ridley327

Does this game have online trophies? I don't have access to a wifi connection (only tethering) so I want to know if I'd need one for the platinum. Hoping not.

From what I've read about the trophies, none of them require you to play online for anything. You're probably looking at slower progression as a result, but online play is not necessary.

kick51

Banned
Us Americans will always want hunting games on a big screen. I'm buying it day one for Vita, but if they released a PS3 version with crossplay the day after I'd gladly double dip! Come on Tecmo and steal my money.

i am actually always hunting for games on my Vita

Top Bottom