• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

Strongly considering pre-ordering this after finally playing the demo last night. Ended up liking it way more than I thought I would.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Toukiden and Danganronpa, busy month... is it possible to play 2 Vita games at once.

One of them doesn't have a strong emphasis on story so I'd say you're good to go. Why would you want to put down Danganronpa after starting though? :O

Nags

Banned
I really don't get Tecmo Koiee
They release this on Vita but not on PS3? All their other games have been on consoles so why not this one too? It just seems strange that a game like Monster Hunter with lots of depth and focused on multiplayer on top is only releasing on Vita where the userbase is a lot smaller than Ps3/360. I don't get it.

Are you buying the game?

Drame

gxsTE1K.png
Neat. I was wondering when the game would show up on PSN.

I'll be strightly maining Bow and Chain and Sickle. I was suprised how much fun both of them were to play. Longsword and Spear were little too plain for my tastes. I still haven't tried Gauntlets nor the dual swords, but I'll save trying those for the full version.

If Amazon is saying that they'll email the shipping info, does that mean they're sold out of release day delivery copies? I waited too long. :(

I flat out just did not even care about the game until I played the demo. Shit, I think I might skip out on Bravely Default to pick up Toukiden instead since I don't think I'd even have time to get to BD at all. Toukiden can be a good game to play when I want to lay off Danganronpa for a while, unless I smash through that game in a weekend like I did 2 years ago.

Posting on the thread will add some peeps when the game comes out =D

Lol @ Tecmo-Koei Europe's twitter, knew that was gonna become the OT XD

Koshiro

Hyped for this one! Had so much fun with the demo. Didn't get into Soul Sacrifice, was so-so with monster hunter, but this game, going by the demo, is superb. Daggers all the way, I love the speed, running ninja style and slashing quickly, and enjoy the air attacks too.

To think I didn't even know this game existed until I caught word of a demo!

Shengar

I really don't get Tecmo Koiee
They release this on Vita but not on PS3? All their other games have been on consoles so why not this one too? It just seems strange that a game like Monster Hunter with lots of depth and focused on multiplayer on top is only releasing on Vita where the userbase is a lot smaller than Ps3/360. I don't get it.
Ad-hoc is king in Japan. You will be surprised why Monster Hunter Tri ported to 3DS despite various hardware limitation.
To paraphrase a wise man, everybody wants for there to be games on the Vita, but nobody wants games on the Vita.
"Vita has no games!"

Good game release on Vita
"Why it should be for Vita? They should port it to PS3/PS4 for bigger install base because that make sense!"

I swear that they even do this to Tearaway. TEARAWAY of all things, for god's sake.

Ad-hoc is king in Japan. You will be surprised why Monster Hunter Tri ported to 3DS despite various hardware limitation.

"Vita has no games!"

"Why it should be for Vita? They should port it to PS3/PS4 for bigger install base because that make sense!"

I swear that they even do this to Tearaway. TEARAWAY of all things, for god's sake.

You must have missed the MH4 announcement thread(s) filled with people asking for a Wii U/HD version :p

Anyone playing the demo right now? I haven't finished my Stygian set yet and I should do that before next week.

ramyeon

Didn't even know this thread was up! Good stuff. Can't wait for the release, I'm really relieved to hear it'll be a day 1 digital launch in Europe (Hopefully this means Australia too).

Would really love to not see port begging in this thread.

Regarding that tweet, are there actually romanceable chicks and dudes in this game?

if so i'll take the dame with the jugs that enter the room 3 seconds before the rest of her does

Shengar

You must have missed the MH4 announcement thread(s) filled with people asking for a Wii U/HD version :p

Anyone playing the demo right now? I haven't finished my Stygian set yet and I should do that before next week.

Those people who asking for MH4 on Wii U is different (I think). They are people who want proper hunting action with two analog stick (like me), and Wii U provide that well. But even if Capcom do make HD Port on Wii U, I bet they wouldn't even damned bother to change on how the camera works for it (4-axis camera, seriously?).

"Vita has no games!"

Lmao I swear Vita and WiiU are brothers, this is the same reaction WiiU games get.

Back on topic played the demo on my friends Vita and definitely enjoyed it. If I can find that 99$ Vita at Best Buy im all in.

Nags

Banned
Lmao I swear Vita and WiiU are brothers, this is the same reaction WiiU games get.

Back on topic played the demo on my friends Vita and definitely enjoyed it. If I can find that 99$ Vita at Best Buy im all in.

Okay so you're not getting it. Later.

...I find it pretty fucking annoying that some people are compelled to come into an OT and comment, yet have no intention of getting the game in the first place.

Just finished the demo ... that's a bad way to cliffanger Omega force !!!

Anyway ..what is the benefits for resetting your mitama back to level 1 ? Do i get some stats bonuses or some hidden mitama ?

Why was the money limited to 3000 ? ( i hope it's a demo thing )

How do i store my materials ? in the demo i'm limited to 3000 of money , so selling isn't a good option.

Game felt faster to soul sacrifice and the feedback on attack was much better handled ... i guess the experience with all those musou games helped.

ramyeon

...I find it pretty fucking annoying that some people are compelled to come into an OT and comment, yet have no intention of getting the game in the first place.
Chill out, their comment wasn't harming anyone. Wasn't even half as bad as all the port begging comments.

LMN

Just finished the demo ... that's a bad way to cliffanger Omega force !!!

Anyway ..what is the benefits for resetting your mitama back to level 1 ? Do i get some stats bonuses or some hidden mitama ?

Why was the money limited to 3000 ? ( i hope it's a demo thing )

How do i store my materials ? in the demo i'm limited to 3000 of money , so selling isn't a good option

1. In the full game, Mitama will gains more passive skills as it level up, however only IIRC 3 passive skills can be chosen. This is where resetting come in, so you can level up your mitama again and choose the skill you want.

2. demo only for money limit

Shiina

Can somebody please explain the bow's cursed shot effect to me. It de-buffs a monster so it takes more damage from the next box attack, is that it? Does that mean you have to apply it before every shot? Seems a little tedious.

Shengar

Can somebody please explain the bow's cursed shot effect to me. It de-buffs a monster so it takes more damage from the next box attack, is that it? Does that mean you have to apply it before every shot? Seems a little tedious.

Yes, it makes your next attack deal a lot more of damage, and yes you need to apply it before every shot, but only if you care for the extra damage. It's not that hard considering how easy it is to aim the shot, and how charged cursed bow attack will release volley of 5 arrows upon releasing.

1. In the full game, Mitama will gains more passive skills as it level up, however only IIRC 3 passive skills can be chosen. This is where resetting come in, so you can level up your mitama again and choose the skill you want.

2. demo only for money limit

Thanks for the infos

is that normal that i never found a way to store my materials ? Is it unlimited in the full game ?

ramyeon

The extra damage it gets depends on the type of shot you use afterwards I'm pretty sure. Like a normal arrow will only get a tiny bit of bonus damage but a fully charged up arrow or one that's been triple knocked will get pretty significant amounts of bonus damage. It's the best way to deal the maximum amount of damage with the bow.

Shiina

Yes, it makes your next attack deal a lot more of damage, and yes you need to apply it before every shot, but only if you care for the extra damage. It's not that hard considering how easy it is to aim the shot, and how charged cursed bow attack will release volley of 5 arrows upon releasing.

The extra damage it gets depends on the type of shot you use afterwards I'm pretty sure. Like a normal arrow will only get a tiny bit of bonus damage but a fully charged up arrow or one that's been triple knocked will get pretty significant amounts of bonus damage. It's the best way to deal the maximum amount of damage with the bow.

Thanks. Still seems kind of tedious to apply it every time if you want to maximize damage. Guess that'll make my weapon choice a little easier.

Well, going to get a digital version of the US PSN, to help bide my time until my copy of Dangan Ronpa gets here.

Doing the same. Ordered Danganronpa and Bravely Default by snail mail so I'll have plenty of time to play Toukiden.

LMN

Thanks for the infos

is that normal that i never found a way to store my materials ? Is it unlimited in the full game ?

It just only for the demo =P for the unlimited, I'm not really sure either, but I believe that each materials can store be up to 99 per item.

Goddamn what the fuck is up your ass? So angry over a post that was completely inoffensive.

Shengar

Goddamn what the fuck is up your ass? So angry over a post that was completely inoffensive.

Maybe push into the edge after the earlier port begging post or just wake up abruptly and go posting. People have foul temper when they wake up suddenly.

===
Anyone,
What's your weapon of choice?

Top Bottom