• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

krossj

That was the same for me. Before that point, I had always purified the shell, but I decided not to purify the shell just so I could get through the mission quicker. Was a bit of a surprise to see that it just blows up if you don't purify it.

Yeah it surprised me too since I was quite a bit away from the shell. It must effect the whole arena or just have a huge area of effect.

Ogawa-san

Finally done getting all 200 mitamas, Susano'o being the last one and taking 37 tries. And yeah, mitamas you used for forging still count, you don't have to find them again. I've updated the checklist again and everything should have at least one source.

Now off for the last four Eye of Truth masks... Another 50 Chthonian Fiend kills inc.

Scher

Finally done getting all 200 mitamas, Susano'o being the last one and taking 37 tries. And yeah, mitamas you used for forging still count, you don't have to find them again. I've updated the checklist again and everything should have at least one source.

Now off for the last four Eye of Truth masks... Another 50 Chthonian Fiend kills inc.

Wow, congrats on that! Out of curiosity, were a lot of the mitamas particularly difficult to get? I'm hoping to try and get all the mitamas at some point, but I'm kind of worried about how long it might take to get some of them.

Ogawa-san

My save is at 250h, which doesn't include demo progress since I started new.

I'd say it's easier than getting the slayer collection done. Instead of wasting time breaking parts you just go in with a strong weapon and aim for the fastest kill you can, since more kills = more shots at getting mitamas. I was killing Jollux for Susano'o in under 4min and farming Viper Queen in that 12min mission, meanwhile I'll spend over 10min breaking Chthonian parts and hoping for the right drops and that it doesn't die before I'm done.

There are some that can be annoying to get, though, like the few that can only be found in Four Horseman, Oni Onslaught or other multi-bosses missions that'll force you to kill bosses you don't need, and those from invisible oni that'll make you enter & quit the same mission until it spawns. But most of them are fairly straightforward to get.

Seil

Also you can try for Heroes' Guidance from the offering box if having trouble actually getting one to drop. Praying nonchalantly for luck can grant it. Just do a mission to autosave, try praying, if you don't get it then reset and try again. I resorted to this after 10+ kills trying to get Kojiro lol.

Ogawa-san

I did that for Astrapteryx + Frostwing (one of the missions with no options), no luck. Didn't get a single mitama from all the resetting so I gave up and just cleared. I've read somewhere it's a 90% chance buff but it doesn't feel like it, got a lot of other kills with it and no drops.

I've always prayed nonchalantly for luck, but maybe I wasn't spending enough haku. I never got the buff from it.

Seil

I did that for Astrapteryx + Frostwing (one of the missions with no options), no luck. Didn't get a single mitama from all the resetting so I gave up and just cleared. I've read somewhere it's a 90% chance buff but it doesn't feel like it, got a lot of other kills with it and no drops.

I've always prayed nonchalantly for luck, but maybe I wasn't spending enough haku. I never got the buff from it.

Yeah I have no idea what the actual increase is, but it seemed to help me as I got Kojiro first try with it.

I was offering 2100 haku when I got Heroes' Guidance. Not really sure how offer amounts work. I did bother to do some testing while resetting, though... Offering 100 over 20 times only gave me Alertness, Resilience, Devotion and Tranquility. Bumped it up to 1100 and got those and a few others. After 15-20 attempts at 1100, I went to 2100 and managed Appraisal and Heroes' Guidance. Could entirely be a matter of luck, though getting the same four boosts from over 20 attempts doesn't seem like coincidence considering there are more than 20 possible boosts from that option...

Still took me a decent number of attempts, though. Not something I would do unless I was near completion or having a difficult time getting a particular Mitama.

Shengar

Is it possible to receive the weapon trophy without losing mitama and tons of haku in the process? Accumulate your wealth, then forged them all in one go, and when trophy poops out, just reload the game.

Ogawa-san

You can't forge in one go because to forge the last three you'll use the first three at +9 as materials. It's a pretty stupid process.

You could disable autosaving, do the whole thing, unlock the trophy and reload, but we're talking about a couple hours of haku/items lost once you reload. Or you could just do it for the last three, it's what I did so I could keep a high rank fire bow.

I did the same for the 300 boosts trophy, since it required me to burn about 3m haku in mitama leveling...

ramyeon

Don't see the point of going through all that effort for a trophy in your profile if you have nothing to show for it in game anyway, but then I've never been too big on trophies.

Shengar

Well I really loved the game and want platinum trophy for it, but the amount of work is too tremendous to do in one go. I'll just play along, try to enjoyed as much as possible to worked around it until Toukiden 2 come out (hopefully).

Scher

I've always been a completionist, so trophies are both a good and bad thing for me since I both enjoy collecting stuff but also feel compelled to do things I ultimately may not find that fun. Fortunately, I also have a super high tolerance for tedium, so things like having to collect all the mitama doesn't seem all that bad to me. I probably won't be grinding that stuff out as quickly as possible, but I'm still hoping to continue working on it overtime to get the platinum trophy.

I definitely won't be getting the plat here because Dark Souls 2, but you know I'll be here for a sequel and it's pretty much the only thing I have to play on vita right now until I feel like replaying Danganronpa for an easy plat. I'll be lurking this OT until Toukiden 2/expansion is out.

Scher

I definitely won't be getting the plat here because Dark Souls 2, but you know I'll be here for a sequel and it's pretty much the only thing I have to play on vita right now until I feel like replaying Danganronpa for an easy plat. I'll be lurking this OT until Toukiden 2/expansion is out.

I'm curious to see what the expansion will be like. I'm hoping they add plenty more bosses and fun stuff like that. It would be nice if they would start releasing some more information of what they have planned for Toukiden Extreme or whatever it was they were planning on calling the possible revision.

Also, Dark Souls 2 should be fun. I'm still debating whether or not I'm going to pick it up, since I've already got Atelier Escha and Logy coming to take up my time.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So what is the best weapon to deal with those solo missions? I imagine dual knives, perhaps?

Recommend Mitama setup too, if you please.

That "reduce time for charged thrust attack" skill--I forget the name--is a GODSEND for bows, btw.

Shengar

So what is the best weapon to deal with those solo missions? I imagine dual knives, perhaps?

That "reduce time for charged thrust attack" skill--I forget the name--is a GODSEND for bows, btw.

Gauntlet is the best in that regard I believe, though other weapons that is not bow is still possible to solo bosses providing you have the skill. Some gaffers here soloing bosses with DEF Mitama and win the battle by attrition, which is I think an agreeable safe strategy. Of course you could take the offensive route by maximizing damage, using ATK mitama instead, but you need to be very skilfull in order to not to get the hit too much by the boss.

I've yet to take the crazy solo mission, but I'm planning to use Dual Knives with either DEF or ATK mitama which both focused on increasing precision damage.

krossj

I used the sword and a defence Mitama for all the solo mission. I didn't find them that difficult just took longer than your average quest and in some cases I nearly ran out of resources.

Skills wise, Dissection and Expert destroyer came in very useful.

swnny

With all the new releases lately, I don't have as much time for Toukiden, as I wanted. :/ Only like 20 hours into the game for now... 3rd chapter/phase for both single- and multiplayer.
I have one quesiton, tho. Where do I get the spring bath tickets from? I had only one or two (from the question), and after used them, I can no longer enter the bath. :)

Scher

They will be available in middle of chapter 4 from shop IIRC.

You should be able to buy tickets earlier then that, as long as you have upgraded the shop enough. I don't know how much stuff you need to buy/sell before it starts selling tickets, but I remember being able to buy them towards the end of chapter 2.

Verelios

You should be able to buy tickets earlier then that, as long as you have upgraded the shop enough. I don't know how much stuff you need to buy/sell before it starts selling tickets, but I remember being able to buy them towards the end of chapter 2.
You need to be at least Bronze I think. Comes when you get to like 2000 or 3000 in the shop points

And I usually carry either a SPD or SPT mitama when soloing , but I use the Spear and Knives. Destroyer is always good to have, and I like taking a Mitama with Precision.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
Question: Are certain mitamas stronger than others? I mean for example Mitama A and Mitama B both have attack up lvl 1 or something like that. is Mitama A's and B's attack up equal to one another?

Just wondering because I know that some mitamas are harder to get than others. If this is true then I'm guessing the only difference between these "rarer" mitamas is that the "strong" boosts come in earlier, say rare-mitama lvl 3 vs an easy-to-find-mitama lvl 9?

ramyeon

Question: Are certain mitamas stronger than others? I mean for example Mitama A and Mitama B both have attack up lvl 1 or something like that. is Mitama A's and B's attack up equal to one another?

Just wondering because I know that some mitamas are harder to get than others. If this is true then I'm guessing the only difference between these "rarer" mitamas is that the "strong" boosts come in earlier, say rare-mitama lvl 3 vs an easy-to-find-mitama lvl 9?
The passive skills are all equal between Mitama, yeah. The only way some are "stronger" is that I've found some by default have higher stock of certain active abilities. I had a SPT Mitama for example that had 11 heals by default instead of 10, without any passive.

The rarer ones tend to have better ability selections as well.

swnny

Thanks for the quick answers about the tickets! I've never visited the shop, so I didn't even knew it was upgradable. :D

The passive skills are all equal between Mitama, yeah. The only way some are "stronger" is that I've found some by default have higher stock of certain active abilities. I had a SPT Mitama for example that had 11 heals by default instead of 10, without any passive.

The rarer ones tend to have better ability selections as well.

That was another thing bugging me for some time, thanks for clarifying!

krossj

Had some serious online issues doing the final phase 10 mission, teammates disappearing etc so done it offline which seemed to go a lot quicker and the AI was decent.

Found the second last quest (oni on ice?) a lot harder. Shredder and pyrogrinder was a pain.

Dark Souls II next weekend so not going to finish all the online missions and doubt I'll go back to them as the combat wore a bit thin.

Interested to see what they do with the series in the future but for the most part it has me looking forward to playing monster hunter again. Might pick up MHFU further in the year as I've almost exhausted MH3U.

ramyeon

Man how I wish there was a Vita MonHun... Or at least some kind of hope for one in the future (Nope Frontier G does not count lol). I want to be hyped for MH4 but I don't think I can go back to the 3DS screen and controls for MH after having a Vita.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
Thanks ramyeon for clarifying! You de best.

Had some serious online issues doing the final phase 10 mission, teammates disappearing etc so done it offline which seemed to go a lot quicker and the AI was decent.

Found the second last quest (oni on ice?) a lot harder. Shredder and pyrogrinder was a pain.

Dark Souls II next weekend so not going to finish all the online missions and doubt I'll go back to them as the combat wore a bit thin.

Interested to see what they do with the series in the future but for the most part it has me looking forward to playing monster hunter again. Might pick up MHFU further in the year as I've almost exhausted MH3U.

MHFU is coming out free for PS+ at least here in US.

Got another question regarding multiprayer players in a lobby infront of the offering box. Do you get better buffs if you have all 4 people praying at the exact same time? What do those little circles mean? They seem to deplete, once someone else finishes praying so I assume it must be significant.

Any enlightment about this matter is very appreciated!

EDIT: ALSO, I've almost consistently been getting that "Not all players ready" glitch. Whats the big idea! Out of all the times I've been trying to host a mission, I get the glitch. The first time, I was able to cancel the mission, and have someone else select it and no problems. Now, when I try cancelling , I get stuck on the command center menu. Anybody have word on when this will be fixed?

Ogawa-san

MHFU is coming out free for PS+ at least here in US.
Trying MHFU this week was a shock. Looks like ass (but much better on PPSSPP) and no lock-on made me worthless with a bow.

I'll try again when it hits PS+ later this month, but I don't think I can do it right after Toukiden.

Man how I wish there was a Vita MonHun... Or at least some kind of hope for one in the future (Nope Frontier G does not count lol). I want to be hyped for MH4 but I don't think I can go back to the 3DS screen and controls for MH after having a Vita.

This x 1000.

ALSO STOP CHANGING YOUR AVATAR, HIMIKO. IT'S CONFUSING.

Scher

I'm really really hoping they'll ultimately end up doing a Wii U version again for MH4U. That would be absolutely wonderful since I also would prefer not to play on the 3DS screen. I want to be able to play dress up and admire all my outfits!

Anyways, is there anyone who would like to do some multiplayer right now? I'd really like to mess around with some phase 9 missions and stuff if there's anyone else willing to.

Ahh i assumed it's story related since first pass was received after doing one of missions.

Anyway finally finished chapter 4 single player and uhh those ch 5 missions sure look grindy.

ramyeon

I'm really really hoping they'll ultimately end up doing a Wii U version again for MH4U. That would be absolutely wonderful since I also would prefer not to play on the 3DS screen. I want to be able to play dress up and admire all my outfits!

Anyways, is there anyone who would like to do some multiplayer right now? I'd really like to mess around with some phase 9 missions and stuff if there's anyone else willing to.
Man I'd feel silly if they did... sold my Wii U after I finished up with MH3U :(

Shengar

With that user base, not gonna happened. I don't think the worldwide sales number could justify it either. Though we could have more console hunting action game without a doubt :(

====

Today as I fighting the double Fiend mission, I noticed that their wouldn't automatically grows after they finished their channeling attack when their beads aren't destroyed. Can someone confirm this? Both Abyssal and Cthonian are like this in my mission, but it'll be more assuring if others share the same thing too.

test_account

XP-39C²
Does anyone know what the object under "Heavenly Fibers" is on Age Of War collection? And also the item under "Broken broadsword" on Age of Peace collection? Also, where can i find these items, under regular or EX levels?

Ogawa-san

Today as I fighting the double Fiend mission, I noticed that their wouldn't automatically grows after they finished their channeling attack when their beads aren't destroyed. Can someone confirm this? Both Abyssal and Cthonian are like this in my mission, but it'll be more assuring if others share the same thing too.
They'll only restore a part if someone's caught by the falling meteor things, otherwise the channeling ends and the part stays on the ground. Also, it seems they won't use the attack until a certain number of parts are broken, so leaving legs for last gives you time to purify while they're down.

Does anyone know what the object under "Heavenly Fibers" is on Age Of War collection? And also the item under "Broken broadsword" on Age of Peace collection? Also, where can i find these items, under regular or EX levels?
Deep blue ore and Heavenly Fibers respectively. They can be found in both but are easier to find on Ex.

Scher

I've tested it before, because I thought they didn't start channeling until the beads were broken, but that's certainly not the case from my observations. I would certainly have to agree with Kazama Sogetsu, though, it seems to be after so many limbs have been broken. I'd have to experiment some to be absolutely certain about this, but I want to say it's after 3 out of 5 limbs (arms, feet, tail) have been broken that the fiends will start channeling. Maybe I'll take the time to test it out so I can give a more definite answer.

I enjoying this a lot more than I was expecting. Demo was fun, but I've tried multiple times in the past to get into Monster Hunter and never could. This is much easier to get into for me and I'm loving it.

Are the online servers region-locked though? I'm in the UK but bought the US version and the online has been more or less dead every time I've tried, although that might be because I'm on US ones, which could be because of the time difference.

I enjoying this a lot more than I was expecting. Demo was fun, but I've tried multiple times in the past to get into Monster Hunter and never could. This is much easier to get into for me and I'm loving it.

Are the online servers region-locked though? I'm in the UK but bought the US version and the online has been more or less dead every time I've tried, although that might be because I'm on US ones, which could be because of the time difference.

I don't think they're region locked. I play with people in the Philippines/Australia/etc from the US.

maouvin

There's two servers: "english version" and "all regions". If you're using the first, you can't play with people using the other (Dragon's Crown works that way too, for reference).

For best results, leave your network settings on "English version" and you'll be able to play with anyone playing with an US or Euro (and some from R3 too, maybe?) copy.

There's two servers: "english version" and "all regions". If you're using the first, you can't play with people using the other (Dragon's Crown works that way too, for reference).

For best results, leave your network settings on "English version" and you'll be able to play with anyone playing with an US or Euro (and some from R3 too, maybe?) copy.

This.

Also be careful about switching back and forth between the network settings (seriously, just leave it on "English Version" to be safe). There were reports a couple weeks back of people whose saves corrupted because they went on missions with Japanese version players who had DLC that they didn't have yet. When their game saved after picking up DLC items they weren't supposed to have, their saves corrupted beyond repair.

The friends I was running with have really slowed down playing, but I still want to continue. Is anyone in Phase 5 or willing to run through some of the quests with me? My PSN is leafy_bug.

Shengar

They'll only restore a part if someone's caught by the falling meteor things, otherwise the channeling ends and the part stays on the ground. Also, it seems they won't use the attack until a certain number of parts are broken, so leaving legs for last gives you time to purify while they're down.

I've tested it before, because I thought they didn't start channeling until the beads were broken, but that's certainly not the case from my observations. I would certainly have to agree with Kazama Sogetsu, though, it seems to be after so many limbs have been broken. I'd have to experiment some to be absolutely certain about this, but I want to say it's after 3 out of 5 limbs (arms, feet, tail) have been broken that the fiends will start channeling. Maybe I'll take the time to test it out so I can give a more definite answer.

In many cases which I destroyed the beads first, it seems always restored it parts back when the channeling end (no, no AI caught with its channeling attack since there are animation difference between caught something or nothing at the end of the channeling) regardless of caught something or not. I should play more against them to make it sure myself.

man, i'm getting that bug lately when it says "not all party members are ready". it sucks when you get a full party of good people and this shit happens.

Top Bottom