• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer: Tomb Raider Movie feat. Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft

Funny how back in the day Nathan Fillion was such a popular fancasting choice for Nathan Drake, considering he's kind of homely. But he had the charm and swagger down, so it didn't really matter than the's not a particularly handsome man.
I think everyone thought of Firefly-era Nathan Fillion when casting Drake and he was definitely an attractive guy during that time.

nOoblet16

I dont think she has any movie titles but shes plays on greys anatomy and judging by social media Camilla is actually more popular BUT like myself you don't know the answer. But thanks for the replies.
Vikander is an academy award winner.
She is undoubtedly more well known than Camilla by any merits you can think of.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It wasn't super bad, it looked like one of those B action movies with more budget and refinements, but at the same time it had nothing that made me feel the need to see it.

The du dun sound was annoying especially because it made me expect a sort of crescendo leading to an epic or action music that didn't come.

I wonder why no one consider doing CGI movies with a decent budget, cutscenes are already good enough, think how better they could look if pre rendered for a movie.

Rafus

Better than the teaser, but still just ok.
The final cut is probably the movies ending lol.
And she has her hand already bandaged when she´s at the ship during the storm? Damn this girl is always hurt.

Lima

What a bunch of garbage. Jesus that was a horrible trailer.

I expect about the same level of quality from an Uncharted movie if we ever get one.

She seems great in the part and I really like seeing Dominic West and Goggins too. But man this movie just comes across so unappealing and cheap thanks to the way the trailer is edited and that ugly lighting.

Also looks extremely faithful to the reboot game which is a bad thing really. Lara stinks in those games

What a bunch of garbage. Jesus that was a horrible trailer.

I expect about the same level of quality from an Uncharted movie if we ever get one.

Thats gonna be even worse likely enough since they got that kid who plays Spider-Man as Nathan drake. He's ok but he looks like he's 14. God damn will that one be bad

It's annoying how bad this wire work is too. Why is she doing these shitty fake looking super jumps?

It's a real disservice to Vikander too since she clearly got really fit for the part. Wish they made the stunts look less corny in the trailer

No complaints towards the casting here tho tbh. Short of kate beckinsale I think they got the best person possible right now

KORNdoggy

She seems great in the part and I really like seeing Dominic West and Goggins too. But man this movie just comes across so unappealing and cheap thanks to the way the trailer is edited and that ugly lighting.

Also looks extremely faithful to the reboot game which is a bad thing really. Lara stinks in those games

Thats gonna be even worse likely enough since they got that kid who plays Spider-Man as Nathan drake. He's ok but he looks like he's 14. God damn will that one be bad

depends if they go for a young drake story where he's basically some street urchin and gets befriended by sully (like in U3). that could work. i trust the acting chops of tom holland over vikander at any rate, but then it helps that the source material is a character with some actual character. not the new lara who has a vacant personality. lol

First off how is he a better actor than vikander lol and young nate drake is a terrible idea, not to mention it was the worst part about uncharted 4. Hopefully they rethink that movie or just scrap it again

KORNdoggy

First off how is he a better actor than vikander lol and young nate drake is a terrible idea, not to mention it was the worst part about uncharted 4

you need an origin, it's a key part of how fundamentally screwed up drake is as a character. and i just prefer him, he's a more charismatic person, which is reflected in his acting, plus it ultimately boils down to how an actor fits a role. does vikander fit lara? no, not in the slightest. does holland fit drake? yes, i think he does. and whether you think it's the worst part of U4 or not is pretty irrelevant.

Yet in the making of vid you see her doing it. It's almost as if you're making stuff up.

Women can't catch a break. Too fat. Too thin. Too ugly. Too pretty.

yeah i must have been hallucinating when i saw all the wires and other stunt props. jesus christ get a basic understanding of human performance before trying to turn this into an attack on women

It sure looks like a movie based on a video game. Which is good if that is what you are going for. Which they are. So. Yeah I was bored watching that trailer but I was also bored with the last 2 Tomb Raider games so I'm not the target audience. Can't be worse than most other video game movies.

She looks so unbelievable doing all this stuff same like Gal Gadot did in Wonder Woman but at least that was dumb superhero power stuff.

Vikander really needs a sandwich.

DUH DUH tho

NeoRaider

giphy.gif

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I personally found the story in Tomb Raider 2013 terrible and now there is movie base on that.....yeah, this not going to end well.

Nev

Banned
Looks like a 5.5 action movie that you watch one evening on Netflix and forget about it the next day.

They are going with the horrible story from the latest game?

Lara on an Island killing tons of thugs?

No thanks, gross even.

Also this girl looks like a horrible Lara. This gonna bomb BIGTIME.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
looks incredibly faithful to that first reboot game, wow

i really hope this knocks it out of the park

looks incredibly faithful to that first reboot game, wow

i really hope this knocks it out of the park

Which to be honest had a horrible story, fake emotional scenes and forced connection to Lara.

The 2013 game was all Uncharted clone, 1% Tomb Raider.

Now instead of coming up with an original story why dont we just ripoff/use the exact same story from the game?

Bluth54

Which to be honest had a horrible story, fake emotional scenes and forced connection to Lara.

The 2013 game was all Uncharted clone, 1% Tomb Raider.

Now instead of coming up with an original story why dont we just ripoff/use the exact same story from the game?

At least they didn't base the story off the even worse story of Rise of the Tomb Raider.

gogogow

Well yeah, it's not gonna win awards for its script, but looks like a fun ride. Though I am surprised they are making it. The OG TR movies barely made any money. First one probably made some, but the second definitely lost money.

thumb

Banned
Vikander looks like she's doing her best with the material, and has clearly physically prepared for the role. But I can't say the movie, as a whole, looks promising.

jett

D-Member
It looks really cookie-cutter. Being a direct adaptation of the 2013 game's awful story doesn't help.

If it's lucky it will reach Prince of Persia levels of passable mediocrity.

gamz

That just reminded me why movies have been shit for a decade now.

Then you are watching the wrong movies. Get outta here with that stuff.

The movie looks like a TR movie. Not sure what you all were expecting? At least the lead fits the part.

I'm not a big fan of the Tomb Raider reboot and the direction it went, focusing on action instead of Tomb Raiding, so don't expect much from this and looking at the trailer, it looks pretty average.

Khalme

Neo Member
The movie looks like a TR movie. Not sure what you all were expecting? At least the lead fits the part.
This.

The BTS footage shows that even though she's thin, she's fit and has some muscle on her.
Good enough for my suspension of disbelief. We'll see how the movie turn out.
This is a video game adaptation, she doesn't have to be as realistic as Gina Carano in Haywire (which was great).

Edit : link to the BTS footage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak3q5vLOZ1s

Top Bottom