• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transcript of AP interview with Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
He actually compares his TV ratings as second only to 9/11. Let that sink in.
Now join me in the corner for a good cry.
Cry? This shit is hilarious. The election is over. Can't change the past. But I can find some consolation in watching this manbaby cry over how mean everyone is to him and how he has to force himself to not view anything unpleasant on television. I don't think he believed he'd ever win and I suspect he will grow to hate this job if he doesn't to some degree already. He clearly has no interest in actual governance. He runs back to his resort at every opportunity. He's too much of a coward to even attend the Correspondents Dinner.

100 days and he already needs a filter on his viewing habits to keep his ego intact! Can't have the PotUS triggered by someone saying something unkind on Morning Joe!

What a snowflake.

Crosseyes

Banned
The Donald Trump Library for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Want to Do Other Stuff Good Too
Even that seems to be a too clearly defined noun. I can even understand the target audience and goal the library is seeking to accomplish! Too advanced!

Unintelligible doesn't even begin to describe it. I know more eloquent 5 year olds with a larger vocabulary.

I filtered out the AP text, and any words in parentheses and pasted it into a word counter.

dogjTAD.png

So it's at a 7th grade level, apparently. According to a computer, of course.

Also, it bears mentioning that for the vast majority of people who 'regret' voting for Trump, it's usually buried in their response that they'd still have voted for him over Clinton.

Shy Fingers

Banned
The disconnect in knowledge is just.,,,

I'm nerd who does data analysis for work. I shouldn't know more about something than THE man in charge does...

I just don't even know anymore.

Tagg9

He actually compares his TV ratings as second only to 9/11. Let that sink in.
Now join me in the corner for a good cry.

In case anyone wants the exact excerpt for this:
TRUMP: It had 9.2 million people. It's the highest they've ever had. On any, on air, (CBS "Face the Nation" host John) Dickerson had 5.2 million people. It's the highest for "Face the Nation" or as I call it, "Deface the Nation." It's the highest for "Deface the Nation" since the World Trade Center. Since the World Trade Center came down. It's a tremendous advantage.

Tagg9

I filtered out the AP text, and any words in parentheses and pasted it into a word counter.

So it's at a 7th grade level, apparently. According to a computer, of course.

Also, it bears mentioning that for the vast majority of people who 'regret' voting for Trump, it's usually buried in their response that they'd still have voted for him over Clinton.

Nice work. That's actually higher than I expected haha.

Joeku

Gonna assume you know it's a Zoolander thing, right? A movie that prided itself on being dumb.

Yes, I was saying that a man who can't turn left (or was it right) is a more capable speaker than POTUS. Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough; I'm Trumpin' it!

I think he was saying that even that Zoolander reference is too coherent and close to proper grammar for Trump.

^

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Gonna assume you know it's a Zoolander thing, right? A movie that prided itself on being dumb.
I think he was saying that even that Zoolander reference is too coherent and close to proper grammar for Trump.

Protome

I wonder what Douglas Adams would be thinking right now. Zaphod Beeblebrox came true.
Not even, Zaphod was smart and conniving. Trump is neither of those things.

Their interview style is pretty similar though, I'll give you that. Can't wait to see Trump's therapist getting interviewed. "Donald is just this guy, you know?"

Shy Fingers

Banned
Yes, I was saying that a man who can't turn left (or was it right) is a more capable speaker than POTUS. Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough; I'm Trumpin' it!

Yup, been in trumpland too long, can't tell real intentions from... uhh... not real? Sorry y'all.

A lot of the reading scales for these things depend on syllables in the world. And Trump constantly reuses adverbs and adjectives. So that's artificially bumping it up.

Dierce

Fuck this halfwit orange mother fucking racist piece of turd and every last fanatic who voted for him, they are no different than isis sympathisers who wish suffering on others.

I feel as if since 2016 we no longer live in an universe resembling any sanity. This is where conservative doctrine gets you, to the gutters and hell itself.

Shy Fingers

Banned
Fuck this halfwit orange mother fucking racist piece of turd and every last fanatic who voted for him, they are no different than isis sympathisers who wish suffering on others.

I'm all for hating Trump, but ISIS sympathizers?! C'mon man.

The far right have no idea how to deal with me. I'm a gay married man who's sympathetic to people of Muslim faith because I worked in Detroit for 3 years with SEVERAL Muslim coworkers.

Yet the right is trying to tear muslim people and gays apart in this country for how they act over seas. (Murdering gays in terrible aspects).

I was openly gay at work, and the only problem that I had with the people of Muslem faith in the workforce was feeling bad I had a work spondered lunch during Ramadan

Nokterian

When reading or hearing him talk i can't control myself to do something different because this man is infurating he doesn't know anything about anything on how the world works not even his own country.

It is really watching a 70 year old toddler trying to put a circle block in a square block and yet he still tries. His full cabinet with billionaires,racists,inexperienced folks just make it even worse.

Anyone else getting more and more convinced North Korea is going to get attacked soon?

I don't see why he's so fixated on them. Maybe he just wants to wipe them out and see a few more approval percentage points?

I have to admit though, I hate Trump with the fire of a thousand suns but if he figures out a way to successfully oust the Kim regime without any chem/bio/nuke retaliatory attack and Seoul still in one piece, I'd have to give him mad props. But that's never going to happen, just like Mexico's never going to pay for that wall. Seoul, we hardly knew ye.

CHC

Number One, there's great responsibility. When it came time to, as an example, send out the 59 missiles, the Tomahawks in Syria. I'm saying to myself, "You know, this is more than just like, 79 (sic) missiles. This is death that's involved," because people could have been killed. This is risk that's involved, because if the missile goes off and goes in a city or goes in a civilian area — you know, the boats were hundreds of miles away — and if this missile goes off and lands in the middle of a town or a hamlet .... every decision is much harder than you'd normally make. (unintelligible) ... This is involving death and life and so many things. ... So it's far more responsibility. (unintelligible) ....The financial cost of everything is so massive, every agency. This is thousands of times bigger, the United States, than the biggest company in the world. The second-largest company in the world is the Defense Department. The third-largest company in the world is Social Security. The fourth-largest — you know, you go down the list.

This feels like the final paragraph of a book about the narrator's descent into completely unhinged madness.

mr_nexus

Banned
Jesus christ, he's starting to make Sarah Palin look smart by comparison. All I read was the incoherent ramblings of a dementia riddled mind.

I think I went cross-eyed at least five times trying to read that.

I'm starting to think that when he was offering the reporter a coke, he literally meant cocaine. This guy's brain is a mess.

I still can't

"You know, back when they did NATO there was no such thing as terrorism"

The guy literally thinks terrorism didn't exist until recently... I'd imagine he thinks 9/11 is the first act of terrorism ever

It's entirely possible he has some form of dementia right? His rants seem to be getting worse.

It's not impossible, but honestly, this isn't hugely different than how Donald Trump has always spoken to be honest. You won't see a lot of huge speeches, but if you dig back to his Howard Stern call-ins, or him talking to the Scottish Parliament about the golf course thing you see in Trumped, it's basically how he's always been.

His ghost writer for Art of the Deal said he was always rambling, and it was often hard to really distinguish his exact points. I think it's just how he is.

Condom

It's entirely possible he has some form of dementia right? His rants seem to be getting worse.
He certainly doesn't seem to know what is going on. Also love how he has to back down on his own promises like China because he discovered that isn't how the world works. No shit sherlock.

This 9/11 shade was amazing:

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/856330317946335232

How fucking stupid do you need to be to, as the President of the United States, feel that you need to compete with 9/11 for ratings?

He could have picked ANYTHING to compare. The Superbowl. SNL.

But he purposefully chose 9/11.

What makes this even worse is this is not even the first time he's decided to go to war with 9/11's popularity.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The scary thing is that Trump thinks he sounds really intelligent and statesmanlike in all these interviews. Occasionally mentioning key words like "Iran" or "Defense Department" is enough to make him feel like the All-Knowing Emperor of the Universe when to normal people he sounds like an evil Ralph Wiggum.

geomon

AP: So in terms of the 100-day plan that you did put out during the campaign, do you feel, though, that people should hold you accountable to this in terms of judging success?

TRUMP: No, because much of the foundation's been laid. Things came up. I'll give you an example. I didn't put Supreme Court judge on the 100 (day) plan, and I got a Supreme Court judge.

AP: I think it's on there.

TRUMP: I don't know. ...

wtf083.gif

Can Congress impeach him simply from being senile? Or is that not allowed?

Technically, Congress can impeach a President for anything. There's already several things that he's done that the case could easily be made for him to impeached. I'm sure something like being unfit to lead with a refusal to step down can be added to the list.

Chumley

Banned
TRUMP: In fact, they also did. I never thought I had the ability to not watch. Like, people think I watch (MSNBC's) "Morning Joe." I don't watch "Morning Joe." I never thought I had the ability to, and who used to treat me great by the way, when I played the game. I never thought I had the ability to not watch what is unpleasant, if it's about me. Or pleasant. But when I see it's such false reporting and such bad reporting and false reporting that I've developed an ability that I never thought I had. I don't watch things that are unpleasant. I just don't watch them.

THIS IS FUCKING JIBBERISH AAAAAGGGHHHHHH

chadskin

Technically, Congress can impeach a President for anything. There's already several things that he's done that the case could easily be made for him to impeached. I'm sure something like being unfit to lead with a refusal to step down can be added to the list.

Steak with ketchup is #1 on the impeachment list, though.

Amalthea

Banned
I hate how frank he is about his dumbass cluelesness because he naturally expects everyone to be less "smart" than him.

Actually I agree with comparing his ratings to those of 9/11. He will go down in history of the US as the next worst thing in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom