• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transcript of AP interview with Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there are still many even on Gaf that say we shouldn't speculate on his mental health...
Not mental health because as someone with mental health issues that stuff gets real shitty real quick in comments.

Understanding and honesty - sure, rip those for all I care but please don't make mental health the crutch for why Donald Trump is an awful President and a terrible human being.

I'd kind of hope a dude from the 1800s would lose a current day election, because even if he was a great one back then, times change, ideas change, the world changes.

Well of course, but that's not the point.

What kind of president talks like this during an interview? Who says "Well if George Washington were alive today, he might not want to launch missiles into Syria."

It just sounds stupid.

TheContact

There was a This American Life episode that followed some big political donors while they were struggling over whether to donate to to the Republicans even though Trump was the nominee. Supposedly they hated him until they had a one on one conversation and then they completely flipped. I doubt this was universal but it's still baffling considering stuff like this interview where he's barely able to finish a thought before contradicting himself.

Look at his speeches. People loved his speeches because he's actually a pretty good speaker in the sense that he will say whatever the people listening want to hear. Even if he knows it can't be done (like Mexico paying for the wall). But he will guarantee it and then people believe him. He's all talk that's it.

Elandyll

Banned
Not mental health because as someone with mental health issues that stuff gets real shitty real quick in comments.

Understanding and honesty - sure, rip those for all I care but please don't make mental health the crutch for why Donald Trump is an awful President and a terrible human being.
Not a crutch at all. The guy is a horrible human being, mental health problems or not, but he barely makes any sense whatsoever, as in many occasions in the recent past.
I think questioning whether he has some serious health issue or early onset Alzheimer's​ (or other type of dementia) should not be off the table tbh.

Look at his speeches. People loved his speeches because he's actually a pretty good speaker in the sense that he will say whatever the people listening want to hear. Even if he knows it can't be done (like Mexico paying for the wall). But he will guarantee it and then people believe him. He's all talk that's it.

You know, I have never thought myself exceptional or anything, but God, it baffles me that people fall for this obviously scam artist shit. It's...super obvious.

Its hard to fathom how a human being with any knowldge of the English language can listen to that and make any sort of discernible connection with their values or beliefs.

Laieon

If NK launched a nuke which hit California or Hawaii, I could picture this guy saying whatever they deserved it for not voting for me.

"Mr. Un and I, we have a, like, a really great relationship. We have a mutual respect for each other. For me to accuse him of being a dictator, that would just be bad. I don't nuke him, he doesn't nuke me!".

Tovarisc

Ever since AP released this transcript my twitter feed has been full of people making fun of this interview. Most of them being people who are actively involved in writing columns etc. about politics to smaller and bigger outlets.

English my 2nd language and even I don't butcher English language as badly as Trump is butchering it there.

Yeoman

I mean if someone has any sort of mental health issues they should absolutely be kept away from the presidency.

Kaiterra

Banned
There was a This American Life episode that followed some big political donors while they were struggling over whether to donate to to the Republicans even though Trump was the nominee. Supposedly they hated him until they had a one on one conversation and then they completely flipped. I doubt this was universal but it's still baffling considering stuff like this interview where he's barely able to finish a thought before contradicting himself.

This is part of it sure:

But let's not kid ourselves. Republicans went in here LOOKING for an excuse to rally behind the man. They wanted to be sold on him so they could take the opportunity and seize total control of the reins of power. Especially when it comes to mega-donors, they have priorities that this turd's bumbling don't negate.

He sure is winning, especially for his constituents. Finally, someone on the same intellectual level as them has become President.

AmyS

CxfXeVF.jpg

CloudWolf

I think he was on cocaine and offered the eported some, too. It's the only explanation I can find for some of these sentences he speaks.

Beartruck

Michael Scott would call Donald a moron.

Michael Scott was actually a brilliant businessman, he just lacked social tact.

English isn't my first language but I'm sure that isn't a reason I barely understand anything from this interview.

English is my first language and I was in a high percentile for reading comprehension in high school. It's borderline unintelligible. He can't keep focus or even have a coherent thought. In one paragraph, his brain goes from North Korea, to China being a currency manipulator, to them not(Because secret reasons), to *wink wink* I still think they are but I obviously can't say that to should I offer the guy a drink? It's the verbal equivalent of a bounce ball flying around the room.

English ain't my first language, so maybe I'm missing something, but...

WHAT?

You aren't missing a thing, English is my first language and it hurt to read and try and understand that! I read through it four times before I got the jist of it and I still don't understand

Seriously now, does he have a mental health problem? because the speech patterns and ramblings remind me of people who have something, its somewhere between the guy with Autism at my work and how my Gran got with Dementia

Steejee

If you needed to bring evidence to a court to get Grandpa taken to the home and control of his assets transferred to his children, an interview like this would be the sort of thing you would bring.

The quotes in the OP (and on the first page) are funny, but I cannot read this. I made it a little way down, but it's a bunch of self-fellating nonsense where he's saying how everyone is thanking him for all his amazing decisions and he has amazing chemistry with everyone. The media should instead be talking with some doctors and psychologists asking if this passive-aggressive cretin has mental health issues.

Slayven

I miss Obama's calm measured interviews where he clearly knew what he was talking about and could deliver a concise response. Hell I miss Hillary interviews where she gave calm measured responses.

Now we have this fuck with verbal parkinson's going off on random tangents and self felating every other sentence.

Remember when Fox use to ding Obama for not sounding like an idiot?

RPGCrazied

The man clearly is not well. Its obvious every time he speaks. I just find it hilarious Republicans in Congress mostly sticking with this guy. I hope they lose seats so hard next year because of that.

Beartruck

The man clearly is not well. Its obvious every time he speaks. I just find it hilarious Republicans in Congress mostly sticking with this guy. I hope they lose seats so hard next year because of that.

At Trump's currently projected popularity levels it's been estimated they'll lose 19 house seats. Give it another year and I bet you'll see that number grow.

Bluenoser

I wonder if, as a reporter, these guys are both happy and sad when they get to interview Trump. I mean, to be allowed access to the President is big, but then once you talk to him and realize he converses like a high school stoner, it must feel a bit degrading. Like, think of all the educated professionals at the top of their fields that have to kiss this guy's ass.... a guy who would be hard pressed to successfully manage a Wendy's.

MaKTaiL

I.... didn't understand anything he said. It's like he thinks faster than he can say the words so it all comes out mixed and confusing.

Biske

What the fuck does Trump have to do to get the media to talk about his mental health? The way they ignore all the red flags in these interviews is infuriating.

Be a woman or a black man. Dudes a man, rich and white, what could possibly ever be wrong with him.

RPGCrazied

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

The two fake news polls released yesterday, ABC & NBC, while containing some very positive info, were totally wrong in General E. Watch!

Just now, lmao

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Looking from the outside in, it's really funny but at the same time it's extremely sad. You guys need to endure this for a looong while. That dude manages to have an effect outside of the US but mostly he is limited to only fuck up things at your end. All will be ok in the end. He's just Donald and he can't fuck up all of it. A lot, but not all of it. Because he's just incompetent even at fucking things up. Good luck.

And yes, we don't hate the US, just him, so he has less of an impact. We all know it's just temporary.

HvySky

I tried reading part about CNN and MSNBC aloud to my friend and couldn't get midway through because I sounded like a fucking crazy person. How is a man with a vocabulary of a 2 year old our President?

all his answers are the ones you come up with when you didn't do the reading and get called on in class because the teacher knows you're full of shit.

Friggz

Is trump intelligent at all? He speaks like hes a fucking moron. Literally someone with an IQ that can freeze water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom