• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transcript of AP interview with Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate how frank he is about his dumbass cluelesness because he naturally expects everyone to be less "smart" than him.

Actually I agree with comparing his ratings to those of 9/11. He will go down in history of the US as the next worst thing in the end.

He may even be worse when it's all said and done. And that's not a tasteless joke, that is 100% seriousness.

Can Congress impeach him simply from being senile? Or is that not allowed?

They're waiting for him to do something stupid to piss off the stupid people who would have only voted for the GE last year because Trump.

Which is pretty stupid if he does something stupid.

Stupid in this case mean uneducated, ignorant, and dangerous. But most likely just stupid in general.

I really think one of the biggest missteps of the GOP when we look back at this (considering we all exist still) is not just impeaching Trump from the get go and getting rid of him. He basically handed his impeachment to them on a silver platter when he refused to give up ownership of his hotels. It would have been a rough couple of months have to weather through his angry base, and there would have been damage to the image of the party, but I feel if they would have purged Trump and a lot of the inner circle he brought with him, they would be in a better position to actually accomplish things (which...is a bad thing, more than anything, I guess), and the base would have gotten over it after awhile. If it's anything this election, and post-election feelings have shown, Republican voters are near slavish right now.

Amalthea

Banned
He may even be worse when it's all said and done. And that's not a tasteless joke, that is 100% seriousness.
What he already represents for the office of the POTUS is already a symbolic disaster on a historical scale but when he is brokering with the lifes of millions of his own people via the ACA just to get his shitty wall or some ego-points you sure know he will be ready to sacrifice more than a few thousand people so he can sleep a bit easier for a few nights.

digdug2k

He's asked about the team of people he's assembled, and his only response is how they're treated and how well he did in the election?

This is pure fucking nonsense.
Lol. I didn't even notice that. I was too distracted by the man who only won because of the electoral college complaining about how unfair the electoral college was to him. Democrats should join that bandwagon with him. "The electoral college isn't fair to our poor Republican friends and all their voters in New York and California. Lets do away with it".

Chumley

Banned

Yep. People overlook this because it's not obvious, but if he goes through with his threat to fuck over healthcare among other disastrous policy choices, he could easily be responsible for even more american lives lost than in 9/11. That's even if we don't go to war.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
He's over 70, he has never gotten more than 5 hours of sleep a night, I'll give his speech skills a pass.

It's not his speech skills that are a problem. This man lacks the critical faculties to understand the world outside his bubble.

I never though what I'd miss most Obama was having a president capable of articulating ideas coherently in the English language. I guess I took that for granted as an inherent trait of anyone seeking the office.

He's over 70, he has never gotten more than 5 hours of sleep a night, I'll give his speech skills a pass.

This isn't just about the fact that he has a vocabulary which would be shamed by the average 8 year old child, it's that his simplistic ramblings don't even make sense, and most of the time they don't even come close to addressing whatever question has been asked. His cognitive and critical faculties seem extraordinarily limited by any standards. This man isn't fit to serve at McDonald's never mind serve as fucking President.

Chumley

Banned
This isn't just about the fact that he has a vocabulary which would be shamed by the average 8 year old child, it's that his simplistic ramblings don't even make sense, and most of the time they don't even come close to addressing whatever question has been asked. His cognitive and critical faculties seem extraordinarily limited by any standards. This man isn't fit to serve at McDonald's never mind serve as fucking President.

What he said in the pussy tape would get him fired at almost every single white collar or service job in America, and his lack of mental faculties would get him fired from almost every single blue collar job in America.

He is the embodiment of someone who only ever got anywhere because of Daddy's money, and his election is the biggest indictment possible on how fucked our country is that it allowed him into the White House. It's not just the government, it's the 30 million people who were either stupid enough or hateful enough to vote for him.

I never though what I'd miss most Obama was having a president capable of articulating ideas coherently in the English language. I guess I took that for granted as an inherent trait of anyone seeking the office.

You must not have been around during the previous 8 years. Search YouTube for "bush sovereignty"

Sojgat

TRUMP: I saved $725 million on the 90 planes. Just 90. Now there are 3,000 planes that are going to be ordered. On 90 planes I saved $725 million. It's actually a little bit more than that, but it's $725 million. Gen. Mattis, who had to sign the deal when it came to his office, said, "I've never seen anything like this in my life." We went from a company that wanted more money for the planes to a company that cut. And the reason they cut — same planes, same everything — was because of me. I mean, because that's what I do.

TRUMP: Now if you multiply that times 3,000 planes, you know this is on 90 planes. In fact, when the Prime Minister (Shinzo) Abe of Japan came in because they bought a certain number of those ... The first thing he said to me, because it was right at the time I did it, he said, "Could I thank you?" I said, "What?" He said, "You saved us $100 million." Because they got a $100 million savings on the 10 or 12 planes that they (bought). Nobody wrote that story. Now you know that's a saving of billions and billions of dollars, many billions of dollars over the course of — it's between 2,500 and 3,000 planes will be the final order. But this was only 90 of those 2,500 planes.

post-15478-Nathan-Fillion-speechless-gif-fjFt.gif

TRUMP: No, they treat me so badly. No, I just said that. No, I, what'd I say, I stopped watching them. But I don't watch CNN anymore. I don't watch MSNBC. I don't watch it. Now I heard yesterday that MSNBC, you know, they tell me what's going on.

Lmao.

tumblr_o6dbpcffCo1rjatglo2_r1_500.gif

matthewuk

The more I learn about American politics the more I am convinced that the GOP is literally the League of super evil. no other conservative party in the world is anything like them. As one ex southern republican wrote on Quora "fuck fascism fuck the GOP"

James O Brien just read out one of these excerpts about Syria and the missiles out loud on LBC radio station.

I cried from laughter at how amazingly stupid it sounded.

It sounded like a child who picked up a couple points from listening to adults talking, and just strung them up together randomly, thinking they too were also talking like an adult because they can repeat random phrases.

You must not have been around during the previous 8 years. Search YouTube for "bush sovereignty"

I was, but I disagree. Bush had some charisma and charm, despite being unintelligent and having poor judgment. He stumpled with oration no doubt, but he could get across his point competently most of thr time. Trump is hopelessly incoherent as his default setting.

Kinyou

The way he always repeats himself, even using the exact same words really makes me wonder if he has mental issues

Rektash

The ramblings of an old, senile man that is unable to form a coherent sentence. It's like he completly looses track of what he wants to say mid sentence and just continues babbling nonsense.

This is your president america.

KarmaCow

There was a This American Life episode that followed some big political donors while they were struggling over whether to donate to to the Republicans even though Trump was the nominee. Supposedly they hated him until they had a one on one conversation and then they completely flipped. I doubt this was universal but it's still baffling considering stuff like this interview where he's barely able to finish a thought before contradicting himself.

Jackpot

Banned
In fact, when the Prime Minister (Shinzo) Abe of Japan came in because they bought a certain number of those ... The first thing he said to me, because it was right at the time I did it, he said, "Could I thank you?" I said, "What?" He said, "You saved us $100 million."

Odds on this being a total lie?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Half of Americans are as dumb and/or hateful and/or opportunistically evil as he is.

Not really. Half of Americans are vehemently anti-abortion and will always vote Republican, no matter what. I'm sure there are a lot of people who cringe at what Trump is doing but would still vote for him again because he appointed a conservative justice to the SC. Of course there are a big segment of racist/jingoistic loonies but at worse I would say most Trump voters were selfish rather than hateful.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Lol, people (even on this forum) voted for this fucking clown and still think they did the right thing.

Some people are incredibly good at lying to themselves over the decisions they've made.

Do people who vote for him, if they read this interview, think this interview is fake and made up to make him look bad or do they actually think he sounds smart?

Need some old school revolution...storm the White House and oust him.

TRUMP: If, if Abe Lincoln came back to life, he would lose New York and he would lose California. It's just the registration, there's nothing you can do.

What in the actual fuck?

Hypothetical undead presidents?

zelas

What the fuck does Trump have to do to get the media to talk about his mental health? The way they ignore all the red flags in these interviews is infuriating.
They talked about his mental health throughout the election and after. Clearly the issue is we need more informed voters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom