• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

border

Fox the Sly said:
Edit: About the "straight" thing, I guess it depends on how you look at it. Some see trans people as a third sex so to them liking trans and male/female automatically makes you bisexual at least. To me, I see MtF as women so bi doesn't fit, gay definitely doesn't fit, so the closest thing is straight. Maybe a new definition is needed. :lol

Well there's no terms for an otherwise hetero person that in interested in transsexuals, but it strikes me as something mostly separate from the rest of the straight community. The TS girls here certainly seem to differentiate with terms like "admirers" and the more derisive "tranny chaser."

Fox the Sly said:
Although I will say nothing goes up my poop shute. :lol

Which leads to the more tricky question of how a TS is supposed to discuss their sexual activity preferences. Do you hammer things out beforehand, or do you just start fooling around and see what your mate is or is not willing to do?

not transgendered, but i'd like to show support and say right on peeps

interesting read this thread, also i cant imagine the incredible bravery that the TG speaker at that school showed

mollipen

NewGamePlus said:
So, the four of us went out to dinner one night. We had tried to go the previous night but my friend who didn't know was hanging out with his brother and one of his brother's friends. I wasn't actually planning to talk about it till later that night, but over the course of dinner he fills us in on who he was hanging out with the previous night. Turns out his brother's friend (his too) was an FtM!!! I nearly flip out and my friend that I told first starts laughing a bit, but he didn't actually notice. I still didn't get to talk to him about it until the next night because of an emergency, but suddenly felt even better about telling him. :lol

I had something similar to this when I told my close-knit group of friends back home. Part of the response I got back from one of the guys was, "You do know that my friend blahblah is FTM, you even met him at my wedding." Another one of the four guys in his reply then also mentioned the same person. I felt a little silly because I was totally oblivious to the fact. *laughs*

Fox the Sly said:
To answer your first question about dick and pussy, yes, I like both but only when it's woman's dick. One might argue "it doesn't matter, it's still a dick," to which my reply would be "A hand is a hand, but who it's attached to absolutely matters. You won't see me walking down the street holding a man's hand." It's not a fetish for me, I just like getting women off. Although I will say nothing goes up my poop shute. :lol

I understand where you're coming from on this. Appreciation for the certain body part and the body it's connected to can indeed be separate things.

Fox the Sly

border said:
Which leads to the more tricky question of how a TS is supposed to discuss their sexual activity preferences. Do you hammer things out beforehand, or do you just start fooling around and see what your mate is or is not willing to do?

Well, in a relationship I'd probably be more open (give and take, right? I made a funny!).

Van Owen

Banned
Fox the Sly said:
It's not a fetish for me, I just like getting women off. Although I will say nothing goes up my poop shute. :lol

Every gay person doesn't like it up the "poop shute" either. It sounds like you need to keep reevaluating...

wRATH2x

Banned
I'm pretty sure if your attracted to a good looking MtF your straight.

Gay guys like men, they really don't care if a girl got a dick or not, cause in the end its a girl.

Like I said I wouldn't suck her dick or get penetrated since thats not my thing, but I'll gladly stick my dick up her ass.

Van Owen said:
Every gay person doesn't like it up the "poop shute" either. It sounds like you need to keep reevaluating...
I don't get it. If a guy isn't attracted to other men then he can't be homosexual or bisexual. Wouldn't that make him heterosexual? Does the term really need to be so rigid? What would you like to call it instead? Polysexual? Pomosexual (post modern)?

Gaborn

NewGamePlus said:
I don't get it. If a guy isn't attracted to other men then he can't be homosexual or bisexual. Wouldn't that make him heterosexual? Does the term really need to be so rigid? What would you like to call it instead? Polysexual? Pomosexual (post modern)?

You misunderstood what he said. Just because a person is a gay male does not mean they engage in anal sex. A gay male could exclusively engage in oral sex as one example. And, for that matter even if a gay male DOES enjoy anal sex it could be exclusively as a "giver" rather than someone who takes a cock up the ass.

Gaborn said:
You misunderstood what he said. Just because a person is a gay male does not mean they engage in anal sex. A gay male could exclusively engage in oral sex as one example. And, for that matter even if a gay male DOES enjoy anal sex it could be exclusively as a "giver" rather than someone who takes a cock up the ass.
I understand that, but I thought Van Owen was implying that Fox was gay for being attracted to MtF's. Is that not the case? I'm confused now.

mollipen

NewGamePlus said:
I understand that, but I thought Van Owen was implying that Fox was gay for being attracted to MtF's. Is that not the case? I'm confused now.

I think Van Owen's comment was just that not liking anal (receiving) does not man you aren't gay.

Gaborn

shidoshi said:
I think Van Owen's comment was just that not liking anal (receiving) does not man you aren't gay.

Actually it's also true that liking to receive doesn't mean you're gay either (I've got a few interesting friends with girlfriends with large dildos...)

Jin34

He's saying Fox is gay/bi because he likes cocks on girls. But that would mean he likes guys and the male physique, wanting to put the sex organ on a girl doesn't qualify. And if it does well... hatersgonnahate.gif

shidoshi said:
Which in turn would imply that Fox might be gay, right? Or am I just going crazy? If I am please feel free to disregard everything I'm saying. :lol

Jin34

Gaborn said:
Actually it's also true that liking to receive doesn't mean you're gay either (I've got a few interesting friends with girlfriends with large dildos...)

Only scary part here is the word large, how large are we talking.

Van Owen

Banned
shidoshi said:

Yup.

Although I have my doubts when someone is trying to compare a hand to a cock. I mean, there is a pretty big fucking difference. It sounds like Fox is saying two men holding hands could be considered a gay act while playing with a woman's dick isn't. As a straight male, I'd much rather do the former than the latter. But maybe I'm the exception here.

I support this thread!

I have always had a interest in the topic since I saw a 20/20 episode about TG people and their transitional processes. I remember one talking about how he started to actually see the world in completely different ways when he started his hormonal transition from female to male (something along the lines of going from focusing on singular things when walking down the street to now seeing more of a "big picture" of the surroundings. Also becoming better at long distance driving directions and having a harder time expressing his feelings . . . but this was some time ago so don't hold me to it!). I thought that was amazing . . . to see some one who has actually seen the world from both gender angles.

I will likely lark for any questions I have and post questions if I can't find them seeing how the thread isn't too big yet and I don't want to repeat the same questions over.:D

Van Owen said:
Yup.

Although I have my doubts when someone is trying to compare a hand to a cock. I mean, there is a pretty big fucking difference. It sounds like Fox is saying two men holding hands could be considered a gay act while playing with a woman's dick isn't. As a straight male, I'd much rather do the former than the latter. But maybe I'm the exception here.
Ok then my questions stand. If a man isn't attracted to other men how can he be gay?

Gaborn said:
Actually I didn't think to ask for the specific size
Oh but now I think we need to know specifics don't you? :lol

Edit: Ok I am going a little crazy

Gaborn

Jin34 said:
Hey cant help it Gaborn, but that emphasis on large sounded scary, like some dominatrix gf scary :lol

actually I'm pretty sure the GFs in question ARE the doms :lol

NewGamePlus - I'll find out and share it with gaf :lol

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Van Owen said:
Yup.

What if the guy in this scenario had cock hands?

Jin34

Nothing against dom girls its just that the way you said it made it sound like some scary 10 inch type stuff, do not want :lol

normal sized ones are fine
:D

Van Owen

Banned
NewGamePlus said:
Ok then my questions stand. I think he was saying getting a handjob from a man would be gay but giving one to a women wouldn't. Which I agree with. If a man isn't attracted to other men how can he be gay?

Do you really find it odd that many people would consider jerking off a penis and having the person orgasm on your hand (whether it be a man or someone that identifies herself as a woman) an at least somewhat gay act?

Is it completely out of the realm of possibility that it's easier for someone that hasn't come to grips with their sexuality to justify being attracted to a transgendered person as still being straight even though they admittedly say they like to fool around with penises other than their own?

I'm not saying such a person is 100% homosexual, but I think if I can accept that there is a chance that they might NOT be gay, someone else would able to accept that there is a chance that they are, or at least have some homosexual tendencies.

Fox the Sly

lol, I knew this would happen. First off, I wasn't implying that all gay men like receiving anal sex. I was saying that I don't. Secondly, the cock <-> hand is a valid analogy because of who the body part is attached to, not the body part itself. I don't expect people to understand what I mean by that, but I know what I like and what I don't.

Edit: ok, forget the "straight" thing. Call it whatever. Like I said, perhaps we need more labels to help cover the spectrum. Straight was the closest word I could use to help relay my preference.

Van Owen said:
Do you really find it odd that many people would consider jerking off a penis and having the person orgasm on your hand (whether it be a man or someone that identifies herself as a woman) an at least somewhat gay act?

Is it completely out of the realm of possibility that it's easier for someone that hasn't come to grips with their sexuality to justify being attracted to a transgendered person as still being straight even though they admittedly say they like to fool around with penises other than their own?

I'm not saying such a person is 100% homosexual, but I think if I can accept that there is a chance that they might NOT be gay, someone else would able to accept that there is a chance that they are, or at least have some homosexual tendencies.
No, sure I think it could be considered a homosexual tendency but I would still consider that person to be straight. I hope I'm not sounding like I'm attacking you or something, I'm not intending to.

mollipen

Fox the Sly said:
I don't expect people to understand what I mean by that, but I know what I like and what I don't.

And, really, that's all that matters. Like whatever you want to like (as long as it isn't underage or harming somebody), and be okay with not needing to put yourself in one specific category.

Van Owen

Banned
NewGamePlus said:
No, sure I think it could be considered a homosexual tendency but I would still consider that person to be straight. I hope I'm not sounding like I'm attacking you or something, I'm not intending to.

No worries.

I mean, to me it's just a little weird to be like "listen, I'm straight and 100% not attracted to men, I'm just sexually attracted to the defining physical characteristic of the male body".

If I said that I hated women and found them utterly unattractive, although I really do enjoy large breasts and vagina, I think it would raise a few eyebrows. :lol

Fox the Sly said:
lol, I knew this would happen. First off, I wasn't implying that all gay men like receiving anal sex. I was saying that I don't. Secondly, the cock <-> hand is a valid analogy because of who the body part is attached to, not the body part itself. I don't expect people to understand what I mean by that, but I know what I like and what I don't.

Edit: ok, forget the "straight" thing. Call it whatever. Like I said, perhaps we need more labels to help cover the spectrum. Straight was the closest word I could use to help relay my preference.
That's why I was throwing out other terms like poly and pomosexual. Perhaps we should use something else, but as far as on the sliding scale of hetero to homo, I would put you closer to hetero and I just wanted to know why anyone else wouldn't.

Van Owen said:
No worries.

I mean, to me it's just a little weird to be like "listen, I'm straight and 100% not attracted to men, I'm just sexually attracted to the defining physical characteristic of the male body".

If I said that I hated women and found them utterly unattractive, although I really do enjoy large breasts and vagina, I think it would raise a few eyebrows. :lol
Makes sense, I just wouldn't necessarily think of it that way since you are normally attracted to someone before seeing their genitals.

Cetra

I really have never understood the need to create all these little labels for every single perceived category of one's sexuality. Humans are a species who fall in love and or have sexual encounters of one sort of another with other Humans. Just like Frogs are a species who fall in love and or have sexual encounters of one sort of another with other Frogs.

Or maybe I just hate labels and leaping through hoops that other people have placed in front of me.

Shouta

SapientWolf said:
What if the guy in this scenario had cock hands?

I have the perfect gif for this but I'm at work and can't look at most images.

Anyway, this thread has my support.

The thought of dating someone that has been through the transition has gone through my mind but I've never had the chance. All I know is if you look like anything like Tsubaki Ayana or Haruna Ai (as examples) then you've got my attention.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
tehWillis said:
I really have never understood the need to create all these little labels for every single perceived category of one's sexuality. Humans are a species who fall in love and or have sexual encounters of one sort of another with other Humans. Just like Frogs are a species who fall in love and or have sexual encounters of one sort of another with other Frogs.

Or maybe I just hate labels and leaping through hoops that other people have placed in front of me.
i understand the compulsion to label things but i agree with you. Trying to answer exactly "what is heterosexual/homosexual?" is like asking "what is an rpg?" :lol At the surface it seems easy but the insane amount of nuance involved makes it a near impossible task open to interpretation of the individual.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
Gaborn said:
Actually I didn't think to ask for the specific size :lol

Would now be an appropriate time to tag quote, even though you got it for being the defacto weirdo news bringer of the boards?

tehWillis said:

But, but how else are supposed to form cliques and shun others. I mean do you just expect us all to get along. :lol

Fox the Sly

NewGamePlus said:
That's why I was throwing out other terms like poly and pomosexual. Perhaps we should use something else, but as far as on the sliding scale of hetero to homo, I would put you closer to hetero and I just wanted to know why anyone else wouldn't.

I've never heard of pomosexual, and rarely seen poly. I guess one of those works. lol

mollipen

Van Owen said:

I hate Oreos, can't stand to eat them in any way, yet I quite enjoy pulling the cookie apart, licking up the creamy center, and then throwing the actual cookies away. I enjoy the Oreo's defining physical characteristic, yet I do not enjoy the overall cookie package.

However, if you then take that creamy center and put it between, say, two vanilla-flavored cookies, I enjoy the entire package, cream and all.

Maybe the question is not if I have to be a fan of the entire Oreo because I enjoy its tasty cream, maybe the question is if god put such delicious cream into the wrong cookie-based cream delivery system in the first place.

Number 2 said:
i understand the compulsion to label things but i agree with you. Trying to answer exactly "what is heterosexual/homosexual?" is like asking "what is an rpg?" :lol At the surface it seems easy but the insane amount of nuance involved makes it a near impossible task open to interpretation of the individual.

Being a fan of sometimes off-the-wall references, the "what is an RPG?" mention is actually quite astute. Does an RPG include turn-based combat, real-time combat, or are both okay? Do you need to be able to create your character for it to be a "true" RPG? Must it be open world, or can it be one big path?

The truth is, none of that matters: what matters is that it's a game, and if you can enjoy it or not. What class we all fit in doesn't matter as well: we're all people, and what makes up great is not what specific qualities or traits we have, but what we do with those things and what kind of person that makes us.

AkuMifune

Banned
Fox the Sly said:
I've never heard of pomosexual, and rarely seen poly. I guess one of those works. lol

Yeah, I guess from those definitions I'm a polysexual, though maybe something more accurate would be an oxysexual.

As in, if you breathe I will have sex with you. :D

AkuMifune said:
Yeah, I guess from those definitions I'm a polysexual, though maybe something more accurate would be an oxysexual.

As in, if you breathe I will have sex with you. :D
You can go with pansexual then. :D (Ok I'm gonna stop)

shidoshi said:
I hate Oreos, can't stand to eat them in any way, yet I quite enjoy pulling the cookie apart, licking up the creamy center, and then throwing the actual cookies away. I enjoy the Oreo's defining physical characteristic, yet I do not enjoy the overall cookie package.

However, if you then take that creamy center and put it between, say, two vanilla-flavored cookies, I enjoy the entire package, cream and all.

Maybe the question is not if I have to be a fan of the entire Oreo because I enjoy its tasty cream, maybe the question is if god put such delicious cream into the wrong cookie-based cream delivery system in the first place.
Errr wait, does this mean you don't like chocolate. You're just like my friend, I feel this is way more of an important issue. :lol

Van Owen

Banned
shidoshi said:

I would argue that the bolded is untrue since you admit to enjoying the frosting, but ok.

I'm not saying you can't enjoy a PART of something, but I think saying you don't like Oreos but like Oreo frosting is a fallacy. It's like saying a cow tastes disgusting but you love a good steak.

I've heard the terms heteroflexible and homoflexible thrown around - could those be more appropriate?

This is all getting a bit deep for me. I'm lightheaded at the best of times. But I think one thing is clear from this - everyone is different, trans or not, and with all these labels we keep trying to pin on ourselves we're sort of almost trying to conform to certain expectations. Is it time we totally ditched phrases like straight, bi and gay, and just loved who we loved?

mollipen

NewGamePlus said:
Errr wait, does this mean you don't like chocolate. You're just like my friend, I feel this is way more of an important issue. :lol

Chocolate most times makes me sick, except for (a) rare now-and-then cravings or (b) situations where the chocolate-to-other ratio is not in chocolate's favor. For example, I like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, because they are more peanut butter than chocolate. M&M Peanuts are okay because, again, more nut than chocolate.

For the most part, if it's chocolate, I can't stand it. Cake, ice cream, pudding, milk, hot, you name it.

Alfarif

Android18a said:
I've heard the terms heteroflexible and homoflexible thrown around - could those be more appropriate?

This is all getting a bit deep for me. I'm lightheaded at the best of times. But I think one thing is clear from this - everyone is different, trans or not, and with all these labels we keep trying to pin on ourselves we're sort of almost trying to conform to certain expectations. Is it time we totally ditched phrases like straight, bi and gay, and just loved who we loved?

The problem is that we're so worried about putting people into little boxes with what they do in the privacy of their own homes, that we can't really see the forest for the trees.

I contend that Fox, myself, and others who would go for TGs, go for TGs that are MtF because it's the feminine form that attracts us. It harkens back to the "if you are a hetero male and your girlfriend puts a dildo up your butt, are you gay?" which has already been stated above. There's no easy answer for it. You're with a female, but your part isn't penetrating hers; a toy is penetrating something on you. Sometimes it just doesn't matter. At the end of the day, Fox is attracted to GGs that are feminine and TGs that are feminine. A label won't change that. He isn't going to hook up with masculine women (just a guess; I'm not in his head, so let's just use it as an example), and he's not going to hook up with homosexual men.

shidoshi said:
Chocolate most times makes me sick, except for (a) rare now-and-then cravings or (b) situations where the chocolate-to-other ratio is not in chocolate's favor. For example, I like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, because they are more peanut butter than chocolate. M&M Peanuts are okay because, again, more nut than chocolate.

For the most part, if it's chocolate, I can't stand it. Cake, ice cream, pudding, milk, hot, you name it.
:lol Ok, as long as you like Reese's then I can still love you. *hugs*

and I still love those who don't like chocolate too ;)

Alfarif

shidoshi said:

Gag... I can't really stand peanut butter. I wish there were Reeses that were 99% chocolate, and 1% peanut butter. That would be so much better.

Shidoshi, could the problem be that you've been eating American chocolate? I always found it pretty nasty.

Try some Milka from Europe, or some British stuff. See if that sorts you out :p Also: Dark chocolate actually turned out to be nice once my adult taste buds kicked in.

I <3 chocolate so much.

Any man who buys me chocolate wins my heart instantly :lol

Cetra

Number 2 said:

That is exactly the point I was getting at. People seem to all to easily forget the notion that for as many ways as people are different physically, there are just as many if not more ways that people perceive or believe of think about things differently as well. I'm all for different points of view, I just don't understand the need to have one perspective or the other "win" so to speak.

NewGamePlus said:
But, but how else are supposed to form cliques and shun others. I mean do you just expect us all to get along.

I wouldn't say I expect it, simply because I know better. But wish it? Definitely. I know, I'm idealist. There's another sticky note to add to my collection. :lol

Meh, I don't get all this debate. :/

I thought that what Fox meant was that he sees women as women and it doesn't matter if their pre-op down there, he just likes to please the ladies and if they have a penis attached then so be it, it getting pleased to.

Thats just how I took it (I can barely see right now . . . and I'm tired so . . .). I surly don't think its a big deal. I don't think I would be against having sexual relations with someone who was in every way a female other than the fact that they had a penis. And if having relations with them mean't including that fact into said relations then (if I was really into this her) I would.

Same for those girls with both parts.

But than again I'm not the best person to talk about such topics. :lol

Fox the Sly

Alfarif said:
The problem is that we're so worried about putting people into little boxes with what they do in the privacy of their own homes, that we can't really see the forest for the trees.

I contend that Fox, myself, and others who would go for TGs, go for TGs that are MtF because it's the feminine form that attracts us. It harkens back to the "if you are a hetero male and your girlfriend puts a dildo up your butt, are you gay?" which has already been stated above. There's no easy answer for it. You're with a female, but your part isn't penetrating hers; a toy is penetrating something on you. Sometimes it just doesn't matter. At the end of the day, Fox is attracted to GGs that are feminine and TGs that are feminine. A label won't change that. He isn't going to hook up with masculine women (just a guess; I'm not in his head, so let's just use it as an example), and he's not going to hook up with homosexual men.

35c51jn.jpg

:D

Android18a said:
Any man who buys me chocolate wins my heart instantly :lol

I'm gonna remember this. :D

Black-Wind said:
I thought that what Fox meant was that he sees women as women and it doesn't matter if their pre-op down there, he just likes to please the ladies and if they have a penis attached then so be it, it getting pleased to.

Yup. Perhaps I just didn't do a very good job articulating my point. I think it's cleared up now though. :)

Cetra

NewGamePlus said:
*high five*

I think dark chocolate is amazing. Something with like 75-85% cacao and I'm in heaven.

Agreed. Dark Chocolate wins any day of the week, month, or... ever really. :D

Top Bottom