• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

Maiar_m

Jamie xxoo said:
lol I am not touching the jaw. Even after reading a hundred "man-face" comments about Emily Deschanel (who I think is beautiful BTW) on this very forum.

Start a thread!
Well this is it, I'm never coming back to a forum where Emily was insulted.
And your jaw is awsome, I've got a friend who looks like you but I'm sure she wished she could be half as pretty as you are.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
How Jamie Got Her Groove Back (2010)

Well if we're tag-fishing (Davedough - I'm onto you Mr Reverse Psychology ;) "Gives good groove." might be one for Whoomp.

@Mekere never would have guessed English is not your first language.

*waves at Maiar_M*

*sighs wistfully*

Jamie xxoo said:
Well if we're tag-fishing (Davedough - I'm onto you Mr Reverse Psychology ;) "Gives good groove." might be one for Whoomp.

@Mekere never would have guessed English is not your first language.

*waves at Maiar_M*

*sighs wistfully*

Yeah, that actually would be a perfect tag for me...I'm obsessed with funk music.

Davedough

Jamie xxoo said:
Well if we're tag-fishing (Davedough - I'm onto you Mr Reverse Psychology ;)

lol I can see how that looks that way, but honestly I dont want one =) A couple of times I've been nervous that I'd get one, but luckily there's always someone in a thread that embarasses themselves more. :lol

zoukka

Jamie xxoo was a dude?!

Well I can say that the only problem you have is between your ears. And I don't mean your nose ;) So stop worrying about those looks and prepare for the summer... I bet you're the target of mass ooglin on the streets.

Hottest girl-user on GAF easily.

Oh and I have a transgender fellow student and It's been really interesting to see him transfer from a girl to a boy in just six months or so. Amazing what science can do.

zoukka said:
Jamie xxoo was a dude?!

Well I can say that the only problem you have is between your ears. And I don't mean your nose ;) So stop worrying about those looks and prepare for the summer... I bet you're the target of mass ooglin on the streets.

Hottest girl-user on GAF easily.

Oh and I have a transgender fellow student and It's been really interesting to see him transfer from a girl to a boy in just six months or so. Amazing what science can do.
Any chance your friend would be willing to share anything about his transition? There's a serious lack of female->male info/discussion/opinions/stories/everything so far.

I've met a few FTMs...extremely convincing.

One has a mohawk and beard, looks and acts like a 'bear' gay man. Likes dudes.

Another I know looks and acts like a very effeminate gay man, except he's into girls.

Really makes people turn their heads to see him making out with girls.

Wow, so much activity. Hi! everyone new.

lexi said:
This reminds me of a scene from a John Hughes film. I don't know which one.

*hides and cries*
Ooh, ooh, is it The Breakfast Club, I really like The Breakfast Club. Can it be The Breakfast Club?

Alfarif said:
Instigator said:
Hey TransGAF, on the lighter side, what's your opinion of these movies which deal with trangender issues in one form or another:

The Crying Game
Breakfast on Pluto
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

I don't know, but I will give my reviews when I watch them over the course of the next two or three days. Alfarif's Movie Reviews will return.

Looking forward to it. Too bad you're the only one.

It seems controversial/adversarial posts get more attention here. I'll keep that in mind.

Breakfast Club? So, does that make me Judd Nelson's character, then? I am kind of a bad boy. I dress way better than the dude in that movie though.

Instigator said:

It seems controversial/adversarial posts get more attention here. I'll keep that in mind.

Um, even though I'm not transgendered, I can offer my opinion on The Crying Game. I actually rewatched it about a year ago on DVD right after a tattooing session. I remember 'cuz I was in a lot of pain.

I think its a good movie, regardless of the transgender issue. Some great acting from Stephen Rea and Forrest Whittaker and whatever her name is that plays the female lead...I think Lil was the name of the character...

Theme song is catchy too. The thing about this movie, even though it came out many years ago I don't think it portrayed transgendered people as freaks. Both Forest Whittaker and Stephen Rea were portrayed as generally sympathetic (but flawed) characters, and they both loved Lil for who she was...

Instigator said:

What? No, wrong lesson. I responded, I just haven't seen them. :(

lexi said:
Something something Ally Sheedy.
That reminds me, I've totally had High Art from Netflix sitting on my counter for like 2 months now. Maybe I should actually watch it...

lexi said:

So you're Ally Sheedy? Okay, so who's gonna be Emilio Estevez? We need and Emilio For our Ally.

Used to date a girl who looked a lot like Ally Sheedy, actually. Maybe I'm Emilio...

NewGamePlus said:
What? No, wrong lesson. I responded, I just haven't seen them. :(

That reminds me, I've totally had High Art from Netflix sitting on my counter for like 2 months now. Maybe I should actually watch it...

Hot girl on girl action, if you're into that sort of thing. I know I am.

Instigator said:
The other poster hadn't either, but he promised to see them and then get back to this thread. Now that's commitment!
Yeah, but that's what Alfarif does. A people pleaser that one. If I committed to anything, then you would just be disappointed in 3 months when I still haven't even watched High Art.

Wait, ok wait how bout this?

Some people say that the Arcade has an advantage. The Arcade units use the new Jasper motherboard while the Premiums that normal hardcore gamers have use an older model called Zephr. Once a month, always when you want to play your games the most, the older models RROD. The only way to play games during this time is to use a complicated system that involves a lot of towels.

NewGamePlus said:
Wait, ok wait how bout this?

Some people say that the Arcade has an advantage. The Arcade units use the new Jasper motherboard while the Premiums that normal hardcore gamers have use an older model called Zephr. Once a month, always when you want to play your games the most, the older models RROD. The only way to play games during this time is to use a complicated system that involves a lot of towels.

Sounds sexy.

Master Chief is like a transexual. Seems like a guy but always has a girl's voice in his head telling him what to do. I think he's overcompensating.

NewGamePlus said:
Master Chief is like a transexual. Seems like a guy but always has a girl's voice in his head telling him what to do. I think he's overcompensating.

Are you talking about the principal in Breakfast Club? I don't recall a girl's voice in his head...

Risette

A Good Citizen
:lol Crap. Today some people from Comcast came and installed the phone, and they had to change the modem. They had to use my computer to check if the internet still worked.

Of course, when I come home I find my browser exited and my MSN signed out and my Steam group chat exited. Apparently the guys commented on how I was gonna get my identity stolen :| Hopefully they didn't take a detailed look at how I have the trans thread on SA open, or the fact that my name on MSN is Justine. Or what some of the guys in that Steam chat talk about... :lol

At least they got to see my pretty wallpaper. But still I don't appreciate them messin' with my shit. Hopefully next them they just open google or something, damn.

Aigis said:
:lol Crap. Today some people from Comcast came and installed the phone, and they had to change the modem. They had to use my computer to check if the internet still worked.

Of course, when I come home I find my browser exited and my MSN signed out and my Steam group chat exited. Apparently the guys commented on how I was gonna get my identity stolen :| Hopefully they didn't take a detailed look at how I have the trans thread on SA open, or the fact that my name on MSN is Justine. Or what some of the guys in that Steam chat talk about... :lol

At least they got to see my pretty wallpaper. But still I don't appreciate them messin' with my shit. Hopefully next them they just open google or something, damn.

What do some of the guys in that Steam Chat talk about?

Don't worry, they probably didn't notice nor care. However, I would think if someone broke into your house, then you would have bigger things to worry about than that person using your computer and stealing your internet identity :/ I mean they'd probably take the computer... then isn't all your information... wait I'm just gonna stop

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
Holy crap, there are so many people at this point that it's making my head spin. I might have to hit lurk status on this thread just because of all the stuff going on.

Instigator said:
The other poster hadn't either, but he promised to see them and then get back to this thread. Now that's commitment!

Haha... if you have the stomach and go through the entire thread, about every other page was a movie review from me. I think in one week I saw four transrelated movies and gave my reviews. It's not so much commitment as the fact that this is what I do! I DO IT SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO!

NewGamePlus said:

You are the customer that Netflix LOVES. I bet you've bought a couple movies 2 or 3 times over, haven't you? :lol

lexi said:

Yes... yes. Always did think she was hot, even though she is so freaking weird.

NewGamePlus said:
Yeah, but that's what Alfarif does. A people pleaser that one. If I committed to anything, then you would just be disappointed in 3 months when I still haven't even watched High Art.

/flex

lexi said:
Alfarif is the geeky guy in Breakfast Club. Jamie is Mollie Ringwald.

That's because of what you saw in that video this morning isn't it? Why did I take you on a tour?! ARGH! I will never live down sitting on my basement floor doing vocals for this new song will I?

Davedough said:
thats not important, just dont stop, I'm almost done.

:lol :lol :lol You sound like my kind of poster. More of this please.

Alfarif

Aigis said:

What's your wallpaper?

Exhumed

Aigis said:

Wow I'd be livid if they touched my computer without my permission. Holy crap! Maybe thats why I always have to be there when they install my interwebs or do maintenance.

Sorry for the delay meetings at work are serious business :lol

@Jamie

This is why I like reading your stuff. You definitely have a way with understanding/explaining things.

Now when I say "its all in your head" I'm talking about your perception of how others see you. As far as others are concerned you have nothing to worry about :lol .

I understand now that this is about how you see yourself. Time will yield wonderful results I'm positive, you seem to have an excellent plan.

Alfarif said:
You are the customer that Netflix LOVES. I bet you've bought a couple movies 2 or 3 times over, haven't you? :lol
It's cool though cause I stream stuff constantly. So, I definitely feel like I get my money's worth.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Alfarif said:
What's your wallpaper?
http://www.mkblog.mk-magazine.com/news_7-08/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/skoldvkmfdm.jpg
(kinda big image)
Exhumed said:
Wow I'd be livid if they touched my computer without my permission. Holy crap! Maybe thats why I always have to be there when they install my interwebs or do maintenance.
Yeah, next time I'm password locking my computer. And telling my mom to stay in my room and keep an eye on them at all times if I'm not here.

I was going to say jamie is lucky because she without a shadow of a doubt looks 100% female but when i thought about it I thought maybe it would be insensitive as in fact if luck was on her side she would have been born Ito the body she deserves as you all would. She just seems blessed with features to pull it off seemingly easily, you only need to look at the amount if comments from blokes on here to see that.

Also just wanted to say alfarif is my favourite gaffer for some reason he's awesome.

Alfarif

NewGamePlus said:
It's cool though cause I stream stuff constantly. So, I definitely feel like I get my money's worth.

Sometimes I forget that Netflix is the master of stream. I so need to sign up for it but I just go to the library and get movies.

Aigis said:
http://www.mkblog.mk-magazine.com/ne...koldvkmfdm.jpg
(kinda big image)

Right click -> Save As.

My wife walked into the room and was like "Is that KMFDM?" and I was like "Yeah" and then she just started randomly singing a song as she walked away. That woman is so WEIRD.

Jeff Albertson said:
I was going to say jamie is lucky because she without a shadow of a doubt looks 100% female but when i thought about it I thought maybe it would be insensitive as in fact if luck was on her side she would have been born Ito the body she deserves as you all would. She just seems blessed with features to pull it off seemingly easily, you only need to look at the amount if comments from blokes on here to see that.

Also just wanted to say alfarif is my favourite gaffer for some reason he's awesome.

So I'm only your second favorite then?

lexi

Banned
I am feeling awful. I've been walking through the city to my job interview and I hate it. I feel like everybody knows and I am a wreck.

lexi said:
I am feeling awful. I've been walking through the city to my job interview and I hate it. I feel like everybody knows and I am a wreck.

*hug*

You look great to me...are you sure you're not just psyching yourself out?

Alfarif

lexi said:

They know that you are a big ball of sexy, that's what they know!

Top Bottom