• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

Alfarif said:
@NewGame: Time release tablets? How does that work?
Magic... no, I don't really know past our short conversation about them. He said he could inject two small tablets under the skin, and they would last for several months. The downside being he had to do it, so if I had to change dosage for some I'd have go see him. Also, the process would be a bit painful.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
Himuro said:
Injections are tedious because you have to go back and forth, back and forth. Pills are convenient. First time I went to a doc for a t hormone shot because my t levels were too low apparently, and this was when I gave a shit, he had to look at my junk and the guy just stared at it. "Do you...get hard?" "...Yeah..." "Wow." Don't like the shots, not because of the shots themselves but the people. Creepy doctors and even creepier nurses, no please!

Is it wrong of me to imagine the doctor's asking you this with child-like wonder? :lol
I'm going to hell.

Alfarif

The first two are absolutely amazing.

Himuro said:
The fact he said it in a serious voice made it both creepy and funny.

I can see why you left and never looked back.

lexi

Banned
So I haven't posted a new pic in a while, I've been a little busy trying to get settled after the move. This is in my mom's guest bedroom.

Photo_on_2010-05-14_at_23.23-20100515-145326.jpg

Alfarif

wRATH2x said:
There's an emo chick I'm interested in because she has a lip ring.

What about your raven bombshell from that one thread? You giving up on her already, man?

Alfarif

lexi said:
So I haven't posted a new pic in a while, I've been a little busy trying to get settled after the move. This is in my mom's guest bedroom.

Photo_on_2010-05-14_at_23.23-20100515-145326.jpg

I find the curtains very humorous, and I don't know why.

wRATH2x

Banned
Alfarif said:
What about your raven bombshell from that one thread? You giving up on her already, man?
That chick is fucking amazing, but I'm being realistic.

Well not really, that emo chick fled the country for reasons I can't talk about.

Jintor

What's the ettiqete here on posting people's blogs and stuff? A person I'm watching recently came out as trans, and I find their story and experiences really compelling (basically they're between shelters/temp housing in NY with a restaurant job, a laptop and sketchbook), but I'm hesitant to just suddenly drop a link to their page on the interwebs.

JayDub

Himuro said:
So it sounds like you're sticking with it then, I guess. :lol Congrats on the milestone.

and...because a pal gave me permission to post this before and after:

Ree-freakin-diculous.

EDIT: TO be fair, she looked like a girl before transition.

mollipen

Oh hey, it's Claire. *heh* And yeah, I'm not sure she counts, because looking at her "before" pics I don't think she was ever actually a boy.

Been reading this thread for a while, and I wanted to express my support for all you guys 'n gals. Lookin good!

ninj4junpei said:
A small update for me. I saw my psychiatrist today and told him I might be a transsexual.

What makes you think you might be a transsexual? I'm just curious...

NewGamePlus said:
So, how are you? Did you ever find a therapist for this summer?
I'm okay, have been busy with finals and moving back to my parent's. I met with a referral advisor at my university who helped me compile a list of possible therapists. Luckily she helped narrow it down a bit and made some calls for me, so I do have some leads. Unfortunately, I haven't called any of them yet. :\ I'm hoping to sit my parents down tonight and tell them that I need to see a therapist and get their support, so I can start making some calls. I'm really nervous, especially since I'll be telling them that I've been on anti-depressants since October. >_< Speaking of which, I'm about to get off my anti-depressants, so I'm in store for some fun times.

lexi said:
5 months today.
Congrats! :)
perryfarrell said:
What makes you think you might be a transsexual? I'm just curious...
Well, it was this thread that made me start to question my gender. It feels right to me at this point, and it makes sense. I think it explains so much about myself.

mollipen

It feels so... weird... reading that story. There are a lot of people on that side of politics who are open-minded and accepting, but let's be honest: the party as an overall whole is not at all known for giving a damn about people like her at this point.

But, you know, more power to her, and I hope she wins. Victories by people like her might help that side of the fence better realize that being transgender isn't a political or moral issue, and that people can be part of the LGBT community AND also be conservative in social issues.

Edit: Also, some of the comments drive me crazy on that story.

mollipen

NewGamePlus said:
dit: I don't think those comments bother me at all.

It's more the not knowing that being transgender and gay aren't the same thing, the idea that God supposedly intends everybody to be the way they are born (so God wants all those kids with birth defects to be like that?), etc.

Well, I finally talked to my parents, and it certainly went better than I had expected. I basically explained to them that I've been dealing with psychological issues for a long time, and I need to do something about it. I showed them the medication that I'm on and explained how I got it. Surprisingly, emotions were kept to a minimum. Even though my dad tried to get it out of me, I didn't tell them that I'm transgendered. Of course, as I'm standing there talking to them, I'm sporting a ponytail with bobby pins and a headband. :lol So, I guess I'll be making some calls tomorrow finally. :D

Alfarif

ninj4junpei said:
Well, I finally talked to my parents, and it certainly went better than I had expected. I basically explained to them that I've been dealing with psychological issues for a long time, and I need to do something about it. I showed them the medication that I'm on and explained how I got it. Surprisingly, emotions were kept to a minimum. Even though my dad tried to get it out of me, I didn't tell them that I'm transgendered. Of course, as I'm standing there talking to them, I'm sporting a ponytail with bobby pins and a headband. :lol So, I guess I'll be making some calls tomorrow finally. :D

I think they know...

Alfarif said:
I think they know...
Maybe to a certain extent, almost on a subconscious level. I told them that I have a hunch as to what the main source of my issues is, but I explained that I didn't want to tell them until I knew for sure.

Rctdaemon

ninj4junpei said:
Maybe to a certain extent, almost on a subconscious level. I told them that I have a hunch as to what the main source of my issues is, but I explained that I didn't want to tell them until I knew for sure.
I'm glad your talk went as well as it did.

mollipen

Yeah, anybody on AIM / MSN / Yahoo Chat that wants to be able to bug me sometimes, drop me a PM and I'll give you my username. I'm not always around to answer, but I try to be logged on as much as possible in case you want to drop me a message.

Alfarif

shidoshi said:
Yeah, anybody on AIM / MSN / Yahoo Chat that wants to be able to bug me sometimes, drop me a PM and I'll give you my username. I'm not always around to answer, but I try to be logged on as much as possible in case you want to drop me a message.

Oh what the hell, I've probably said this before, but y'all can do the same. I'm bored at night because I'm at work. During the day, though... I might not answer because I'm usually doing other stuff. :lol

Consultation went well; I think she's the right one. I probably should think about getting another consultation to be safe, but I'm fairly confident in her at this point. She's going to be speaking to both of my parents on Monday, and then I'll be having a session with her afterwards. She wants to speak to my parents in order to get more information about me, and naturally a more objective view of myself. Apparently I'm "too vague", but I think that is a more than fair assessment. My sense of self is shot and has been for a while now, which is to be expected. She is definitely going to poke and prod me in order to determine if transitioning is the best thing for me. I loved her reaction when I told her I was going off of my medication. :lol I'll probably be getting back on it, at her suggestion.

HRT is definitely going to be a ways away, but it's for the best. ;_;

ninj4junpei said:
Consultation went well; I think she's the right one. I probably should think about getting another consultation to be safe, but I'm fairly confident in her at this point. She's going to be speaking to both of my parents on Monday, and then I'll be having a session with her afterwards. She wants to speak to my parents in order to get more information about me, and naturally a more objective view of myself. Apparently I'm "too vague", but I think that is a more than fair assessment. My sense of self is shot and has been for a while now, which is to be expected. She is definitely going to poke and prod me in order to determine if transitioning is the best thing for me. I loved her reaction when I told her I was going off of my medication. :lol I'll probably be getting back on it, at her suggestion.

HRT is definitely going to be a ways away, but it's for the best. ;_;
I'm glad everything went well. Yeah, it's probably best for the HRT to wait a couple months while you're still figuring things out.

FoneBone said:
It's a shame that relations between the LGB and the T aren't always ideal, so I think a few of you might appreciate this.

http://gayrights.change.org/blog/vie...are_gay_rights

Written by a GAFer (not me). Stay away from the comments, though.
Thanks

Alfarif

lexi said:
Update: I got a job! Start Monday. Very, very happy to be earning money again :)

I said it on Facebook and MSN, but I'll say it again here. Congratulations!

lexi

Banned
*re-reads last page*

God I take bad pictures, I don't know why I try. I don't think I look as bad in RL then I do in photos.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Just wanted to pop in and say that this is probably the most perfect name for a thread ever. I get a kick out of it every time it rises to the top of OT.

Also, it's about to hit 3,000 posts. Celebrations are in order, me thinks. ^_^

OneEightZero said:
Just wanted to pop in and say that this is probably the most perfect name for a thread ever. I get a kick out of it every time it rises to the top of OT.

Also, it's about to hit 3,000 posts. Celebrations are in order, me thinks. ^_^
Yes, now if we could only think of something to talk about for the rest of this page.

Alfarif

II CETRA II said:
Thats not Master Chief, n00b. <3

Bald or helmeted space marines are all the same to me. ZING!

@NewGamePlus: is that good enough? Have I pushed us over the limit yet?

Top Bottom