• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transistor |OT| Super Giant Sword

daveo42

Banned
Man, I've been excited about this game since its reveal. The visual style is just great. Cannot wait to sink my teeth in next week. I've already got it preordered and ready to go.

I really hope this doesn't suck. I love the look and sound of this game a lot!

I'm not quite sold on the combat, though. I really hope we get some early reviews.

Damn. To pre-order now or just buy it later?

I'm definitely getting it but I think I'm gonna hold off until I scratch off some games from the backlog.

Amazing ot. So hyped for this since first reveal. Bastion was amazing. If it's half as good as Bastion then I'll die happy.

Preorder on steam + soundtrack. Was a tough choice between Steam or PS4

Bastion was my GOTY 2011, and I've given it to many of my friends. There's no way this would be anything other than a Day 1 pickup for me.

I just need to beat Child of Light today, and Super Time Force within a week, I suppose...

reminder

This game wasn't really on my radar. I saw the announcement trailer but wasn't really convinced back then. Last week i saw a recent gameplay video and suddenly this was a day 1 purchase for me. This'll be my next PS4 game.

That trailer on Steam sold me on this game. It has such wonderful music.

It's really weird to live in a world where achievements are a feature worth bragging about.

NinjaEdit: I wonder if Supergiant will still be "the people that made Bastion" after this game releases, or if they'll simply be "Supergiant Games."

I've purposefully stayed away from most media about this game, I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised by the experience when it actually comes out.

Same here, I enjoyed Bastion and thought it would be nice to go into this blind. Hope it turned out great!

lol Wasn't expecting that, with all the praise they seem to always get from Bastion.

I haven't played Bastion, was always kinda on the fence just watching videos of it (the narrator was an instant turn-off, I dunno if they actually went anywhere interesting with that), but I always noticed a lot of mixed discussion about it.

Bastion is honestly one of my favorite games ever. If this has half the charm and emotional depth, I'm gonna be on cloud 9. Day one!

I haven't played Bastion, was always kinda on the fence just watching videos of it (the narrator was an instant turn-off, I dunno if they actually went anywhere interesting with that), but I always noticed a lot of mixed discussion about it.

Bastion isn't very mechanically deep, but it makes up for that with a stylish charm that I found highly original. It really wins you over through the course of the game, and is best judged by actually playing it.

I was skeptical about the narrator too, but now I'm a believer! (DotA 2 Bastion narrator sucks, though.)

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
Kasavin is a genius and I loved Bastion. Not just for the generally-liked story, atmosphere, and visuals, but because of the somewhat divisive gameplay. Some found the combat too simplistic and the RPG elements too shallow. I think those people are wrong--while the absolute quantity of weapons, enemies, and customizations might be limited, each one felt incredibly distinct. Unfortunately, the game's base level of difficulty (without the idols) wasn't high enough to force players to learn the depth and distinctiveness that was there beneath the surface.

Anyways, point is, I'm super-interested in Transistor and will be watching it carefully. Not a day 1 purchase, probably--I'll need some reviews/impressions first. But I'd definitely bet on a day 2 purchase.

I just hope SGG gets rid of some helicopter parent tooltips and we'll be doing just fine.

Bastion isn't very mechanically deep, but it makes up for that with a stylish charm that I found highly original. It really wins you over through the course of the game, and is best judged by actually playing it.

I was skeptical about the narrator too, but now I'm a believer! (DotA 2 Bastion narrator sucks, though.)

Wut.

Tizoc

Regarding psn pre orders. One can make a us psn account and just pre order if theyre interested.

atomico

I knew this was Supergiant Games next title, but had never seen it until it went up for preorder on PSN last week.

Watched the trailer, fell in love with it. Preordered right then and there.

Great looking OT, btw

ThisOne

Games similar to this used to be $9.99 on PSN. Then they started being $14.99. Now they are $19.99. How long until these types of titles are $29.99?

I'm not saying the game isn't worth $19.99 but it just seems shady when similar games were released about 4 years ago for half that price. I'll probably buy this game once it gets a discount. Too many games to play right now anyway.

calder

Damn, I bought this last night on PSN thinking it was out today. Oh well, looks great, I guess I can wait a week. Something to play waiting for Watch Dogs.

Games similar to this used to be $9.99 on PSN. Then they started being $14.99. Now they are $19.99. How long until these types of titles are $29.99?

I'm not saying the game isn't worth $19.99 but it just seems shady when similar games were released about 4 years ago for half that price. I'll probably buy this game once it gets a discount. Too many games to play right now anyway.
Games like this use to be set by the people who made them (with Sony suggesting a price). Now they just set thier own price and not all games are valued equally

So, I still have no idea what type of game this is. It bothers me that you can watch the trailer and get zero idea what the gameplay is actually like. Sure, it looks and sounds great, but I have no clue if I want to play it.

M.Steiner

Great OT.
Haven't actually been following this game for very long but I pre-ordered it from their store when they first became available, looking forward to playing it next week.

Top Bottom