• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transphobic NC Former Governor Pat McCrory can't find a job because he's a bigot

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...s-backlash-over-bathroom-law-has-made-it-hard

Former North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory (R) says the state's controversial "bathroom law" has made it difficult for him to land a job after leaving office.

McCrory said in an interview with a World Radio podcast, according to the News & Observer, that the backlash following the law ”has impacted me to this day, even after I left office. People are reluctant to hire me, because ‘oh my gosh, he's a bigot' — which is the last thing I am."

He blamed liberal advocates who opposed the law, which requires that transgender people use the bathroom corresponding to their biological sex as identified on their birth certificate, for damaging his reputation.

”If you disagree with the politically correct thought police on this new definition of gender, you're a bigot, you're the worst of evil," McCrory said. ”It's almost as if I broke a law."

Prior to President Trump taking office, reports circulated that McCrory would land a role in the new administration.

”They're definitely going to take care of him," a source close to Trump's team told the Charlotte Observer in December.

McCrory did not say Monday, according to the report, whether he was being considered for a post in the Trump administration, nor would he rule out a future gubernatorial bid.

According to the report, the North Carolina Democratic Party issued a statement in response to McCrory's interview.

”North Carolina has already lost hundreds of millions of dollars in economic activity and thousands of jobs as a direct result of House Bill 2, but I guess we can start adding Gov. McCrory's career to the total as well," a spokesman said in a statement.

Fuck this piece of shit. He deserves to die penniless in a gutter somewhere, but instead Trump will probably make him the new Attorney for North Carolina or something.

“North Carolina has already lost hundreds of millions of dollars in economic activity and thousands of jobs as a direct result of House Bill 2, but I guess we can start adding Gov. McCrory’s career to the total as well,” a spokesman said in a statement."

Fucking savage.

According to the report, the North Carolina Democratic Party issued a statement in response to McCrory’s interview.

“North Carolina has already lost hundreds of millions of dollars in economic activity and thousands of jobs as a direct result of House Bill 2, but I guess we can start adding Gov. McCrory’s career to the total as well,” a spokesman said in a statement.

oh my god

Lived in NC since I was four. I have a lot of pride in certain elements of the state. McCrory is not one of them. Let him suffer for his ignorance/bigotry.

Lemonz

giphy.gif

“If you disagree with the politically correct thought police on this new definition of gender, you’re a bigot, you’re the worst of evil,” McCrory said. “It’s almost as if I broke a law.”

It's not almost as if

It's literally the 14th amendment being broken

Sobriquet

Pat McCrory said:
“If you disagree with the politically correct thought police on this new definition of gender, you’re a bigot, you’re the worst of evil,” McCrory said. “It’s almost as if I broke a law.”
That quote fucking infuriates me. He still doesn't get why HB2 is wrong.

RBH

According to the report, the North Carolina Democratic Party issued a statement in response to McCrory’s interview.

“North Carolina has already lost hundreds of millions of dollars in economic activity and thousands of jobs as a direct result of House Bill 2, but I guess we can start adding Gov. McCrory’s career to the total as well,” a spokesman said in a statement.
pwnt.gif

wisdom0wl

“North Carolina has already lost hundreds of millions of dollars in economic activity and thousands of jobs as a direct result of House Bill 2, but I guess we can start adding Gov. McCrory’s career to the total as well,”

WHEW. Savage

turmoil

Banned

............wow

The response from the Democrats was brutal lol. I think he deserves everything he got. What a whiny POS. Instead of admitting what he did was wrong, he doubles down and pretend that he was victim.

commedieu

Banned
Fucking politically correct thought police brutality.

Lol. Can't believe he didn't mention how he was under the impression this was america.

Finalizer

goodness

also get fucked mccrory. still kinda surprised he isn't somewhere in the trump administration though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom