• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transphobic NC Former Governor Pat McCrory can't find a job because he's a bigot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebev91

Banned
I hope he can find another job. I can kinda see where he was coming from with that law. Sure, chances are, 99.99999999% of the time, a trans person going into a bathroom won't end up in spying, stalking, rape, assault, etc., but you have to look at it from the perspective of actual males and females that identify as whatever they were born as. As a male, I'm not sure I'd like it if a biological woman came into the same bathroom as me. And I know females probably feel the same way about biological males coming into their restroom. I wouldn't feel comfortable with that if I was a female. Trans people are a very, very, VERY small part of the population so why inconvenience the overwhelmingly majority of the population that identify as their birth sex over a much smaller group?

I hope he can find another job. I can kinda see where he was coming from with that law. Sure, chances are, 99.99999999% of the time, a trans person going into a bathroom won't end up in spying, stalking, rape, assault, etc., but you have to look at it from the perspective of actual males and females that identify as whatever they were born as. As a male, I'm not sure I'd like it if a biological woman came into the same bathroom as me. And I know females probably feel the same way about biological males coming into their restroom. I wouldn't feel comfortable with that if I was a female. Trans people are a very, very, VERY small part of the population so why inconvenience the overwhelmingly majority of the population that identify as their birth sex over a much smaller group?

Lol good one

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
I hope he becomes a homeless man and loses everything else.

Ketkat

It sounds like you don't actually know anything about trans people.

You're saying you would be uncomfortable if these people were in the mens room?

http://i.amz.mshcdn.com/lwTh8jvGPq20LirLiDzsG9Ae290=/950x534/2016/03/14/b4/menshealtht.a4aec.jpg

http://www.advocate.com/sites/advoc...-predators-wont-stop-bathroom-bills-_x750.jpg

SexyFish

Banned
I'd take a bet and say you've been in a bathroom with a trans person once and didn't realize it.

Sai-kun

Banned

Your 99.999999999% is actually 100%, statistically, so far I'm pretty sure.

What about it? Shocked to see a different opinion in this echo chamber?

So the law has to accommodate that you feel comfortable now? What about the comfort of the trans people? This guy would have to use the women's bathroom. You think naturally born women would be comfortable with having him use the women's bathroom?

Also, why would having a trans person use a restroom be inconveniencing you? Do you think they're gonna ask you for help or something?

Trans people wanting to be able to use the restroom without fear of being attacked and then moving on to actually important things doesn't inconvenience anyone.

Nepenthe

A man speaking for me about how "uncomfortable" I supposedly feel about transgender people coming into public restrooms with me? How cute.

You've shared a bathroom with plenty of trans people through out your life and probably never knew it.

I'd rather share a bathroom with someone who identifies as male and looks and dresses like a male.

Forcing someone who looks and dresses like Caitlin Jenner into the men's bathroom is far more disruptive of my normal bathroom experience.

Couleurs

As a male, I'm not sure I'd like it if a biological woman came into the same bathroom as me.

If you are looking at, talking to, or even acknowledging the existence of anyone else in the men's room then you are breaking the most sacred code there is. I don't care who uses the men's room as long as they can abide by those simple rules.

CTLance

May I just add on to the pile?

That ether near the end was just vicious. Oof.

I'm not gonna join the death wishes. Instead, I shall opt for "May he discover his inner woman."
"and live in a country shaped by him and his friends for the rest of his hopefully long life". I'm cruel like that. Death is instantaneous. Why let him off quickly and easily?

AntoneM

I suppose we should write a law that limits how much tap water per day a house can use for drinking because some one somewhere might overdose on water. You know, since you're talking about something that, in your own words, has a 0.000000001% of happening.

ebev91

Banned
Way to just ignore the counter points brought up to you though

I'm not going to go through every single one of them. It proves my echo chamber point. God forbid someone has have a different opinion on here. I just believe that the rights of many are more important than the rights of the few.

And you know what? This issue is one of the very few issues that I actually side with conservatives on. That, immigration, and gun rights. I didn't have a candidate for me in the election so I didn't vote.

McLovin

Sooogood.gif
They fight with all their might to keep peoples rights back. They have no idea they are on the wrong side of history. Even with set backs like Trump, the change is happening. I hope the same thing happens to him and all his puppets.

Protein

Banned
This freeloader should work HARDER. He's just sitting around expecting HANDOUTS.

On a side note and minus the bigot part, this mother fucker is tasting what it feels like how to be a minority in America.

geestack

you're a bigot buddy

I'm not going to go through every single one of them. It proves my echo chamber point. God forbid you have a different opinion on here. I just believe that the rights of many are more important than the rights of the few.

So you're complaining about the majority piling on you for stating your minority opinion that the minorities' rights don't matter if it inconveniences the majority..

Sobriquet

Your made-up statistic is wrong. It's 100%. People using the bathroom of their gender identity is status quo, and has been for decades. It's actually law in over 200 cities, covering over half the US population. North Carolina is an exception, not the norm.

Would women be more comfortable with this guy:
Rd259gb.jpg

in the ladies' room? Unfortunately that's the law in NC. And seemingly what you would prefer.

"The rights of the many"? It's your RIGHT to not be uncomfortable now?
Well I guess we should also make it law that people have to shower once a day now because I'm not comfortable around smelly people.

I'm not going to go through every single one of them. It proves my echo chamber point. God forbid you have a different opinion on here. I just believe that the rights of many are more important than the rights of the few.

And you know what? This issue is one of the very few issues that I actually side with conservatives on. That, immigration, and gun rights. I didn't have a candidate for me in the election so I didn't vote.

You seem to be bastardizing the concept of "lives of the many vs lives of the few". A trans person going to the bathroom does not infringe on your rights whatsoever.

And I know females probably feel the same way about biological males coming into their restroom. I wouldn't feel comfortable with that if I was a female

Good to know. And how would you feel if you were a trans female?

I just believe that the rights of many are more important than the rights of the few.

I'm sorry, you're going to have to run this through with me because it sounds ridiculous.

In this particular scenario, the rights of a transgender individual to use a bathroom corresponding with the gender they identify plays second fiddle to the majority's right to...what, not be embarrassed? The right not to have your kid be sexually assaulted by a predator in drag, this latter point of which being a made-up right-wing talking point with absolutely no case or actual statistic to back up?

By protecting the rights of the minority, you protect everyone's rights. This does not work in the opposite direction.

Even from a selfish perspective in makes sense to protect minority rights. Sooner or later you may find yourself in the minority. You protect those rights now and there will be nothing to worry about later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom