• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trine 2: Director's Cut (Wii U) Details/Screens (E3 2012)

nasos_333

It'll be on PC. Trine 2: Director's Cut content is Wii U/PC. PS3/360 owners are the only one's left out.

Nice, i have not bought it yet, i will grab it on PC when the DC version is available probably

From what i gather from posts here it also supports 3D on PC which is nice

EloquentM

aka Mannny
How has so many people in this thread never heard of Trine?

Do some people only look at titles here if they're on a Nintendo platform?
I knew about it because I only play games on my PS3. Funnily enough though, I just found out about this platformer called new super Mario bros. on the wii. I don't really play the wii that much because it's pretty stupid concept wise and Nintendo makes kiddy games but I was over at my cousins house this weekend and decided to try it. On the whole, I'm pretty glad I had never come into contact with the game before this weekend because it's a shitty game.

How has so many people in this thread never heard of Trine?

Do some people only look at titles here if they're on a Nintendo platform?

I thought the first one was very promising, but was quite the dissappointment when i played it. Not much variation and just boring level design in general.

Haven't played the second one for that reason. But maybe they made it a better game, cause the gameplay mechanics are open for a lot of variety, if only the devs are creative enough.

Trine did not get media attention.. so it seems normal not many people heard of it.

Ridley327

Trine 2 is certainly a lot more varied than the original, if only because of the puzzle design is a bit smarter about not being completely circumvented by the thief's hookshot and the wizard being nerfed in his overall abilities (no more floating platform to summon, for example).

nordique

All this talk here and yet nobody came to check it out at the E3 booth? We were waiting for you, we even had the Pontius helmets on at one point! :)

So yeah the screens are PC. We often use PC screenshots because that's just the easiest way, and in all this madness we just kind of forgot that it's a big deal. Should have at least resized them to 720p which is the Wii U resolution. Sorry! The game should look like that on Wii U though, so other than the resolution it should be all good.

As for the platform comparisons, we are indeed using slightly higher settings on Wii U (it's not something that's super easy to notice though, it's not that dramatic). The game runs well and looks good so that's the main thing for us. Overall it's been a rather good experience working on the platform and being at E3 was awesome. The upcoming months will be very exciting and there will be more announcements and info coming up before the eventual release (as a downloadable in the eShop with reasonable pricing).

Maybe this helps, thanks for all the comments. :)

- Joel, Frozenbyte team, developers of Trine 2: Director's Cut

I'm buying it for sure. Looks to be one of the best launch games for the Wii U

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I think this could be the right topic:

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2012/09/11/trine-2-exclusive-skills-walkthrough

New exclusive walkthrough by IGN with Trine 2 Director's cut for Wii U showing some of the new abilities and new enemies.
This will be a launch DD title for Wii U, including the Goblin DLC and dedicated exclusive levels/modes focused on asymmetric multiplayer (it will als be playable TV-free)

In the video, they say: 6 new abilities and 6 new levels.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yummy...this looks great... NSMBU, Rayman Legends, Trine 2 and Mighty Switch Force HD at launch..... soogood.gif

I think this could be the right topic:

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2012/09/11/trine-2-exclusive-skills-walkthrough

New exclusive walkthrough by IGN with Trine 2 Director's cut for Wii U showing some of the new abilities and new enemies.
This will be a launch DD title for Wii U, including the Goblin DLC and dedicated exclusive levels/modes focused on asymmetric multiplayer (it will als be playable TV-free)

In the video, they say: 6 new abilities and 6 new levels.

My most anticipated eshop title so far.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The levels and powers shown in that IGN vid were just released on PC if you want to check them out now. The levels look insane at 60 fps on my TV.

padlock

I have to second the fact that this game is absolutely mindblowing in sterescoping 3d.

It is by far the best 3d I have ever seen (including IMAX theatres, theme park rides, etc.).

Also, the game (on PC) natively supports multiple ways to render 3d (i.e. AMD, 3D vision, Side By Side, etc.), so if you've got any sort of 3d display in your home, you should be good to go.

1-D_FTW

I have to second the fact that this game is absolutely mindblowing in sterescoping 3d.

It is by far the best 3d I have ever seen (including IMAX theatres, theme park rides, etc.).

Also, the game (on PC) natively supports multiple ways to render 3d (i.e. AMD, 3D vision, Side By Side, etc.), so if you've got any sort of 3d display in your home, you should be good to go.

I don't think there's anything special about sending 3D down HDMI, so hopefully they'll include a 720P 3D @ 60fps mode for WiiU owners (If it can do 1080P @60fps, it could handle 3D at 720P).

I wouldn't be shocked if they did, either, because clearly at least some people on staff love 3D and they design these games with 3D in mind. Because some of the things in these games are in no way happy coincidences. Clearly they put real thought into making an extraordinary 3D experience.

This game is on sale for $9.99 right now on the eshop.

I'm downloading the demo right now but I'm already pretty sure I'm going to get it. This game supports off-tv play right?

RobertC

Banned
This game is on sale for 9.99 right now on the eshop.

I'm downloading the demo right now but I'm already pretty sure I'm going to get it. This game supports off-tv play right?

Yes. It also supports headset and voice chat in game.

It wasn't there originally when it launched, so ya know... bonus.

Top Bottom