• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H |OT| February Wrasslin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Going to laugh when the Hell in a Cell falls off whatever rigging they have and kills 300 people.

No need to be so grim. Here, this might cheer you up:

iMyyGrLNUAZi7.gif

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
so it's 4 confirmed matches for WM with Big Show/Cody maybe being another?

sounds like a packed card for a 4 hour event

considering a regular 3 hour ppv has maybe 5 matches and they have to cut some short.

number47

so it's 4 confirmed matches for WM with Big Show/Cody maybe being another?

sounds like a packed card for a 4 hour event

considering a regular 3 hour ppv has maybe 5 matches and they have to cut some short.

maybe big show vs cody

maybe henry vs shaq?

triple threat for the tag team belts

mandatory womens championship match

some smackdown vs raw match gm vs gm

one match for the old wrestlers.maybe.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
They need to make the Smackdown vs. Raw match Santino vs. Otunga. It just makes sense.

Also they need to build something for Swagger's title, and I feel like they still haven't decided what they're going to do with the tag division. Are Kofi and Truth a permanent thing? Are they going to go for the titles? Are Ziggler and Swagger going to team on a regular basis? Is the Miz/Bryan thing actually going to happen.

They keep ALMOST doing stuff with the tag division, and it's kind of annoying.

Even though Laurenitis came out immediately to say "that should have been a DQ, restart the match"?

Yes, even then. Because the referee is looking RIGHT AT HIM. That's not a missed call. It's just incompetence. The ref was obviously supposed to stay back with Punk while Bryan got thrown back in, but botched.

It didn't make Laurinaitis look like a dick heel at all. So what's the fucking point?

dream

I wouldn't worry about Bitter AnEternalEnigma until he starts having thoughts like "wow, it's been too long since a pro rassler overdosed."

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yes, even then. Because the referee is looking RIGHT AT HIM. That's not a missed call. It's just incompetence. The ref was obviously supposed to stay back with Punk while Bryan got thrown back in, but botched.

It didn't make Laurinaitis look like a dick heel at all. So what's the fucking point?

No offense, but if you're going to throw out one of the best matches of the year for some picky ass bullshit like that, you should probably just stop watching. Things happen in live entertainment sometimes, dude.

I could have said I can't wait until the HIAC falls off the rigging and comedically bounces all over the arena like a tennis ball, but that's not very realistic...

No offense, but if you're going to throw out one of the best matches of the year for some picky ass bullshit like that, you should probably just stop watching. Things happen in live entertainment sometimes, dude.

None taken because I don't watch. I used to be the guy that HAD to watch Raw every week and would inconvenience the fuck out of everyone to make sure it happened. I could count on two hands how many times I watched a complete Raw and Smackdown in 2011. Whenever I do watch, it just enforces why I don't anymore and gives me a screaming headache. I have no idea how anyone watches WWE and TNA every week faithfully AND throws money down for PPVs anymore.

I could have said I can't wait until the HIAC falls off the rigging and comedically bounces all over the arena like a tennis ball, but that's not very realistic...

None taken because I don't watch. I used to be the guy that HAD to watch Raw every week and would inconvenience the fuck out of everyone to make sure it happened. I could count on two hands how many times I watched a complete Raw and Smackdown in 2011. Whenever I do watch, it just enforces why I don't anymore and gives me a screaming headache. I have no idea how anyone watches WWE and TNA every week faithfully AND throws money down for PPVs anymore.

So that you can keep abreast of all the goings on in this thread and get all of the obscure references and jokes.

Radec

Am I the only one who doesn't like this year's WM theme song ?

"Written In The Stars" is much much better than this.

Hell, even MGK's "Invincible" is alot better than this!

:/

I know i'm a little late...But how was survivor series a flop? It drew close to 300k and was about 40-50k more then the previous year. I'm not sure how SS did during the attitude era but expecting a PPV (other then WM and summerslam) to go over 300k in this era is delusional.

Since when were wrestling fans so against dream matches? I'm really shocked so many people are bitter about the rock. I guess the year long wait probably hurt it a bit.

At the end of the day this match was a mix of fan service and business. Nothing to cry over. I know a lot of fans feel his presence his hurting your favorite indy wrestlers but he's not. He's just not. The last 6 WMs have focused on nothing but Cena and Takers streak. This year is no different.

People will do that willingly. After watching the match between HHH/Undertaker, what else will compare? Might as well get rid of your vision, since everything else in life will be comparatively ugly.
They're going all the way, through every color palette until our fucking eyes explode out of our heads.

I feel really ashamed to admit the song is actually growing on me.

cacophony

I miss when they had shitty nu-metal songs every PPV

LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR

I know i'm a little late...But how was survivor series a flop? It drew close to 300k and was about 40-50k more then the previous year. I'm not sure how SS did during the attitude era but expecting a PPV (other then WM and summerslam) to go over 300k in this era is delusional.

Since when were wrestling fans so against dream matches? I'm really shocked so many people are bitter about the rock. I guess the year long wait probably hurt it a bit.

At the end of the day this match was a mix of fan service and business. Nothing to cry over. I know a lot of fans feel his presence his hurting your favorite indy wrestlers but he's not. He's just not. The last 6 WMs have focused on nothing but Cena and Takers streak. This year is no different.

Hogan vs Rock was a dream match too, but Hogan was actually an active wrestler during that time. Rock is just coming back for his million dollar pay day and will be gone again until probably when the next WM rolls around. Plus, I expect the match itself to not be that good.

The best part about this match being at WM is that it means WWE doesn't need to have Cena involved in the championship picture.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Holy shit, that Rosenberg interview makes Punk seem so damn arrogant. He keeps pushing the point about how he's such a rebel, and he doesn't give a fuck, and he always says what's on his mind and he doesn't care if it's Vince, HHH, etc. lol

XenoRaven

Holy shit, that Rosenberg interview makes Punk seem so damn arrogant. He keeps pushing the point about how he's such a rebel, and he doesn't give a fuck, and he always says what's on his mind and he doesn't care if it's Vince, HHH, etc. lol
You kind of have to do that sometimes. Otherwise you get stuck with crap or get pushed around.

Jericho talks in his book about how he felt like people didn't think he was a believable champ when he won the Undisputed title, so he marched into Vince's office and told him to go fuck himself if he didn't believe he could be a real champion. Vince loved it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You kind of have to do that sometimes. Otherwise you get stuck with crap or get pushed around.

Jericho talks in his book about how he felt like people didn't think he was a believable champ when he won the Undisputed title, so he marched into Vince's office and told him to go fuck himself if he didn't believe he could be a real champion. Vince loved it.
Yeah, but he doesn't actually do that, though.

He tells a story about how in 2006 he came to Vince to talk about how bad the December to Dismember finish was, and Vince told him otherwise, and Punk said, "OK, it's your company." He also says how he recently came to HHH to ask why Clay wasn't on TV anymore, HHH explained, and Punk said "Oh OK, I get it now." I'm not trying to say he's NOT a rebel, I'm just saying he reminds us that he's a rebel A LOT.

He was right to do so.

Had this WM been built differently then the title match should've gone on after Cena/Rock (and Triple H/Taker)

Put over your champions and put over the guys who are going to be there next week
The match with the biggest hype and anticipation goes last, or else you're going to have a dead crowd for the rest of the card like at WM 18 and 25. And there's really no way to have the WWE title match be bigger than Cena/Rock

RBH

From New Jack's facebook page:

"Tonight I was at a show in Clearwater and Brian Knobbs stopped by with his wife and 2 other marks and for some unknown reason,he felt the need to f*** with me on and off for awhile.Well he came in the locker room,with his drunk fat ass and started giving a speech and he looked at me and told me that I can't wrestle and that's the last thing he remembered...HE GOT KNOCKED DA f*** OUT...MAN!!!I GUESS THAT BAR JUSTSU DOES WORK VAN...LOL"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom