• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H |OT| February Wrasslin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

WWE is releasing "The Biggest Matches in ECW History" on Blu-Ray and DVD. Nothing from the "WWECW" era will be on it.

He did an interview in Playboy saying he's cheated on her six times, but they were all really early on and he doesn't do that anymore.

He gave WAY too much information in that interview, not just on the cheating but on his own childhood. Explains why he's so messed up today.

Lunchbox

Banned
Not sure if these are official... but they are big.

1200 × 1800
1920 × 1080

why is it team cenation? its already a nation, calling it a team again is redundant and makes it seem smaller because a nation is much more larger scale than a team. Should be Cenation vs Team Bring it. short and simple, each has its own character

team bring it is dumb but works, Cenation vs The People, would make cena look like a heel so whatever, team bring it

and this #team fad is getting annoying now

ccBYw.gif

We need Otunga to argue on behalf of Daniel Bryan and John Laurinaitis to prove that Bryan did, in fact, win.

DKehoe

why is it team cenation? its already a nation, calling it a team again is redundant and makes it seem smaller because a nation is much more larger scale than a team. Should be Cenation vs Team Bring it. short and simple, each has its own character

team bring it is dumb but works, Cenation vs The People, would make cena look like a heel so whatever, team bring it

and this #team fad is getting annoying now

Stephanie said in that Entertainment Weekly article that for Rock vs Cena they are looking to try and copy Team Edward vs Team Jacob from Twilight

Wrekt

I think (hope) they understand that almost no one that is actually interested in an ECW DVD would want to see that match and vise versa.

I dunno. I was a huge ECW fan and I liked that match. It really showcased the best thing about ECW, which was their amazing crowds. I could have done without Edge ruining the finish with his terrible running hug attempt, but other than that I wouldn't mind it being on there as the real final match of ECW.

Ithil

Like what exactly?

Well for example he had numerous stepfathers, one of whom was an alchoholic who beat Vince and his mom. Vince says a large regret of his is that that stepfather died later before Vince had a chance to kill him.

He also was possibly sexually abused by his mom and lost his virginity at an undisclosed but apparently very young age (this last part wasn't from that interview, but was disclosed at a creative meeting for whatever reason and everyone was disturbed).

He didn't meet Vince Snr., his real dad, until he was 12, either.

Kyoufu

Well for example he had numerous stepfathers, one of whom was an alchoholic who beat Vince and his mom. Vince says a large regret of his is that that stepfather died later before Vince had a chance to kill him.

He also was possibly sexually abused by his mom and lost his virginity at an undisclosed but apparently very young age (this last part wasn't from that interview, but was disclosed at a creative meeting for whatever reason and everyone was disturbed).

He didn't meet Vince Snr., his real dad, until he was 12, either.

He lost his virginity to his mom?

what a maneuver

WWE doesn't do gimmick characters any more, though.

Otherwise Otunga would be pulling a gavel out of his trunks to hammer down heads when the ref isn't looking.

He'd have a stenographer transcribing his promos so he can have parts read back to him to make sure he correctly conveyed how superior his Harvard education is to the rest of the WWE roster's high school diplomas.

He wouldn't have 'empty arena' matches, he would litigate to have cameras banned from his PPV matches, so the only record of them would be the illustrations of a court room sketch artist the next night on Raw.

Amazing. Now this is a goofy gimmick I can get behind in the midcard/tag divisions. This along with the coffee sipping during the match thing would get Otunga over.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Well, shit... did not know any of that Vince stuff.

Didn't meet Papa Vince until he was 12? For whatever reason I found that to be the most surprising. heh

XenoRaven

I dunno. I was a huge ECW fan and I liked that match. It really showcased the best thing about ECW, which was their amazing crowds. I could have done without Edge ruining the finish with his terrible running hug attempt, but other than that I wouldn't mind it being on there as the real final match of ECW.
I can see including it for the crowd, but that same crowd is in all the great ECW matches. The only reason to include it in my opinion is to show just how much the crowd hated Cena. I felt the actual match itself was Cena beating the hell out of RVD for 15-20 minutes, then a random Spear, then a Five Star Splash for the win. It made one of ECW's biggest stars look completely weak compared to Cena and there was no way he could have possibly won if it weren't for outside interference. I never got to watch much ECW unfortunately, but I can't imagine that's how most ECW fans want RVD to be remembered.

I was reading a Ron Simmons career retrospective that was written back in 2002 when they thought he was retiring and found out somethings I never knew before.

He debuted in WCW in 1989 as a babyface fresh out of college football from Florida State University, where he was a legit star. He didn't really take off with the fans, so they repackaged him as a member of "Doom" a masked, heel tag team with Butch Reed, who had recently departed from WWE. Woman was their manager. It wasn't long before they lost the masks in a match with the Steiner Brothers and revealed to be (to the shock of no one with working eyes who could see their eyes through the huge eyeholes) Simmons and Reed. Woman dumped them after losing the masks, but were then managed by current WWE referee Teddy Long. In May 1990, Doom rose to prominence in WCW as they defeated The Steiner Brothers for the NWA World Tag Team Titles. During their reign as champions, a situation erupted where WCW ended their association with the NWA in January 1991 and WCW became their own promotion with their own titles, so Doom is recognized as the first WCW World Tag Team Champions. They enjoyed a nice 9-month reign as champs until February 1991, where they lost the titles to the Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes and Jimmy Garvin). If you want to know how far WCW taped shows ahead of time back in 1991, they had already taped a match of the Freebirds losing the tag titles to the Steiner Brothers before Doom even lost the titles on television! No way anyone could get away with that now in the era of the Internet. After they lost the straps to the Freebirds, they began feuding with each other. Ron was turned babyface while Long sided with Reed. Simmons won the blowoff of the feud in the "Thunder Doom" cage match (which was just a regular cage match) at the first SuperBrawl in May 1991. Reed disappeared from the promotion after the loss.

Ron quickly shot up the ranks, and the WCW braintrust went to Ron when they faced a huge problem in the fall of 1991. You see, the original main event for Halloween Havoc 1991 was originally going to be Lex Luger defending the WCW World Heavyweight Title against Jerry “The King” Lawler in a 2-out-of-3-falls match. Lawler was not signed to a WCW contract and wasn't expected to work with them past Havoc. But the PPV was in Chattanooga, Tennessee (all of TN at that time was Lawler's backyard) and they were already facing a huge backlash from crowds after firing Ric Flair. The main event from their last PPV (Luger vs. Barry Windham in a Cage Match at Great American Bash '91 for the vacant WCW World Title) was ruined by all the fans in the arena chanting "We Want Flair" during the ENTIRE match. So the idea to keep that from happening again was to have Tennessee hero, Lawler, challenge Luger to get the crowd to forget about Flair. However, on an unidentified radio show months prior to this, Paul E. Dangerously spilled the beans and things had to be changed. Dangerously was suspended by the company and Lawler refused to work with WCW after botching the surprise so far in advance. Instead, they decided to use Simmons in the contest and built up to a Simmons vs. Luger main event. The build-up to the match was chillingly phenomenal, with Dusty Rhodes personally training Simmons for the match, Simmons talking about how important the match was, and comments from Florida State head coach Bobby Bowden about how he knew Simmons was ready for Luger and had everything it took to take him down. The match was one of Luger’s best during his entire initial WCW run.

XenoRaven

I always wonder how kids feel when a blatant heel visits them and is all nice and friendly.

EDIT: I hope he talked about the time when Punk asked him if he wanted "Regular or Unleaded" and then punched him in the face and used that as an example of bullying.

Scottify

It's really hard for me to believe but Otunga & Big Johnny have quickly become two of my favorite characters on WWE TV. They never fail to get me interested and/or make me laugh.

Striker

I still look at 3.3 and feel they should be doing better. They did a 3.6 not long ago and it should be that every week now, no excuses. No NFL to take away viewers, it's their strongest time of the year in build up to Mania. There's no reason.

That's because he has yet to develop a personality.

Otunga and Ace did that beautifully, going from dull and lifeless to hilarious.

He has had multiple chances.

The face turn against Orton failed. Going heel on Maryse failed. The whole DiBiase Posse thing is going no where.

That is three storylines (two with multiple layers) to try and get over on, but yet a guy who is sipping coffee has got over quicker than him.

The school's motto means he's recruiting those kids into The Nexus.

I can see it now, WM28, Cena's gimmicky entrance, he trots out with loads of kids decked in Cena Merchandise, Team Cenation is with Cena, once Cena enters the ring David Otunga appears on the ramp, as he takes a sip from his thermos the kids all unveil their nexus shirts hidden behind the "NEVER GIVE UP" facade, Cena gets swarmed in a manner which I can only imagine being almost pikmin like with Otunga as the commander. The Rock breaks out a smirk and gets an easy pinfall.
Except Cena kicks out and then destroys all the children because he's Super Cena role model

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I can see it now, WM28, Cena's gimmicky entrance, he trots out with loads of kids decked in Cena Merchandise, Team Cenation is with Cena, once Cena enters the ring David Otunga appears on the ramp, as he takes a sip from his thermos the kids all unveil their nexus shirts hidden behind the "NEVER GIVE UP" facade, Cena gets swarmed in a manner which I can only imagine being almost pikmin like with Otunga as the commander. The Rock breaks out a smirk and gets an easy pinfall.
Except Cena kicks out and then destroys all the children because he's Super Cena role model
Once again, you've hit the nail right on the head.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm actually a bit concerned now that Cena's WM entrance will indeed involve some cringe worthy "Team Cenation" stuff, Rock can come out with his Hollywood agents that Cena spoke of on Raw.
Cena having a big entrance like that is starting to become sort of a WM tradition. I'm sure there entrances this year will have some huge gimmicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom